#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Trump Carrier deal saves jobs

11-30-2016, 10:07 PM #1
Freetoday
Justiciar
Good for the workers. I enjoy seeing all the media slaves fall over themselves.

Atlantic link

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
(Akala)

11-30-2016, 10:10 PM #2
Freetoday
Justiciar

A bit contrived... .

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
(Akala)

11-30-2016, 10:42 PM #3
justjess
Chaplain
Good for his publicity. Good for the workers that will keep their jobs.

I would still like to see the details. And I worry that it will set a dangerous precendent where companies basically bribe the government to give them all sorts of money to keep jobs here.

I think refusing to issue government contracts to companies that outsource jobs and heavily taxing companies that outsource jobs is a better policy fiscally but... something is better then nothing I guess.
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • Bruh

12-01-2016, 04:20 AM #4
DesertRose1
Chaplain
Hi Freetoday, hope you do not mind my posting this in your thread:
Hilarious:

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]

12-01-2016, 12:52 PM #5
novam terram
Justiciar
What probably isn't mentioned is the fact that this move still hurts the company's bottom-line regardless. Thus, it's merely a band-aid solution and does nothing to address the root of the problem. Economics 101

12-01-2016, 12:54 PM #6
justjess
Chaplain
They had a 7 billion $ profit last year.. why exactly should anyone be concerned with their bottom line?

Edit: and what is the root of the problem? Personally I believe it's greed and a "more more more" culture that reinforces that greed and short of giving everyone electro shock treatment or complete reworking to rid them of that mindset I don't know that anything is ever going to be more than a bandaid
This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 12:56 PM by justjess.

12-01-2016, 01:01 PM #7
novam terram
Justiciar
(12-01-2016, 12:54 PM)justjess Wrote:  They had a 7 billion $ profit last year.. why exactly should anyone be concerned with their bottom line?

Edit: and what is the root of the problem? Personally I believe it's greed and a "more more more" culture that reinforces that greed and short of giving everyone electro shock treatment or complete reworking to rid them of that mindset I don't know that anything is ever going to be more than a bandaid
Back up a second, jess. I don't know anything about Carrier. What is the point of being in business if the solution is to spend more just to make less? If the workers themselves are not also benefiting from the bottom line, then the solution is to unionize and fight for employee stock option plans.

12-01-2016, 01:11 PM #8
The Zone
Marshall
(12-01-2016, 01:01 PM)novam terram Wrote:  
(12-01-2016, 12:54 PM)justjess Wrote:  They had a 7 billion $ profit last year.. why exactly should anyone be concerned with their bottom line?

Back up a second, jess. I don't know anything about Carrier. What is the point of being in business if the solution is to spend more just to make less? If the workers themselves are not also benefiting from the bottom line, then the solution is to unionize and fight for employee stock option plans.

Why don't we allow time to see how all shakes out instead of negative speculation. Americans kept jobs and even the left side of media outlets applauded that. Carry on.

12-01-2016, 01:58 PM #9
justjess
Chaplain
Yeah the pro corporate faux left shills

Only 800 jobs were saved, 1300 are still going to Mexico at a price tag of $700 million per year to us Taxpayers.

You could have given every one of those 2100 workers $334,000 each for the same price.

That's called getting the raw end of the deal and that's why "the left" atleast the real left has been so incredibly vocal about opposing corporate subsidies and this rampant steroidal capitalistic corporate culture.

Edit it is $700,000 per year for a number of years that still hasn't been released. That's a lot of money and i beat is significantly More then the total of the 800 workers yearly salaries.. so who got the deal here?
This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 02:09 PM by justjess.
The following 2 users Like justjess's post:
  • Bruh, novam terram

12-01-2016, 10:46 PM #10
justjess
Chaplain
LOl so it's 700,000 for ten years equaling $7 million.

That's a lot of money. The government just basically paid those 800 workers salaries for the next ten years probably plus some since I can't see manufacturing jobs paying more than 50l a year and that's generous.

This is what real welfare looks like people. It isn't given to citizens it's given to corporations.
The following 3 users Like justjess's post:
  • Allegedly, Bruh, DesertRose1