#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Lucid Dreaming and other weird dream stuff!

06-29-2015, 09:19 PM #1
cameronjcw
Justiciar
I just wondered if others had experienced lucid dreaming, did it happen on its own or did you tray various methods like hypnosis or meditating to achieve this!?

Its always something I had wanted to experience and had tried hypnosis and meditation but never managed it, have always had wacky dreams, even a cpl of weird premonition like dreams, am still sure they were to this day, those only happened to me when I was a teenager and it was only two clear instances of this that I can remember, they were only significant to me. I still wonder about them and wonder if it was just coincidence or maybe it was dejavu although that depends what dejavu really is too.

I also had recurring dreams growing up, mostly about there being some kind of war on and seeing army planes from outside our window flying around destroying things, that was when I was under ten years old, also had a recurring dream about being in a really dark creepy kind of park with nothing but a bench in it which I was sitting on and it was on the end of a cliff and the wind would talk to me and tell me it was going to blow me off and I would argue with it and fight against it and then would get blown off and would wake up. I also used to have recurring dream about being like mr fantastic from the fantastic four when I was young (way before I knew of the fantastic four) I would bend completely horizontal from my ankles and be able to stand up that way and stretch my whole body like it was made of elastic. I actually then found out a few years ago that I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome the Hypermobile type and have a lot of double joints, really bendy not in a good way, another older name for it was rubber man syndrome. I always still find that bizzare now that I dreamed that so many years ago, like maybe I knew about it in my subconscious!

Anyway about lucid dreaming I had one a few weeks ago it was so weird I cant really remember anything of the dream now except I remember it was like suddenly during the dream I became aware that it was a dream I was in and I either forgot what came after it or I just woke up suddenly. Sometimes my dreams are so vivid its almost like living in another life.

So that was it so far my one lucid dream or at least what I can remember of it anyway, maybe there have been more and Ive completely forgotten them too. There are some that I can remember an aspect of the dream but its like its right there in that part of your head at the front where you think, if that makes any sense? I do think my brain is damaged because of my brain disorder or from surgery or probably even both but I just find it really hard to think or contemplate sometimes, its like a total block. It seems to be worse the harder I try, think frustration really makes it worse. Its like that thing when you cant remember something, its on the tip of your tongue!

06-29-2015, 09:44 PM #2
zenith
Marshall
(06-29-2015, 09:19 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  I just wondered if others had experienced lucid dreaming, did it happen on its own or did you tray various methods like hypnosis or meditating to achieve this!?

Its always something I had wanted to experience and had tried hypnosis and meditation but never managed it, have always had wacky dreams, even a cpl of weird premonition like dreams, am still sure they were to this day, those only happened to me when I was a teenager and it was only two clear instances of this that I can remember, they were only significant to me.  I still wonder about them and wonder if it was just coincidence or maybe it was dejavu although that depends what dejavu really is too.

I also had recurring dreams growing up, mostly about there being some kind of war on and seeing army planes from outside our window flying around destroying things, that was when I was under ten years old, also had a recurring dream about being in a really dark creepy kind of park with nothing but a bench in it which I was sitting on and it was on the end of a cliff and the wind would talk to me and tell me it was going to blow me off and I would argue with it and fight against it and then would get blown off and would wake up.  I also used to have recurring dream about being like mr fantastic from the fantastic four when I was young (way before I knew of the fantastic four) I would bend completely horizontal from my ankles and be able to stand up that way and stretch my whole body like it was made of elastic.  I actually then found out a few years ago that I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome the Hypermobile type and have a lot of double joints, really bendy not in a good way, another older name for it was rubber man syndrome.  I always still find that bizzare now that I dreamed that so many years ago, like maybe I knew about it in my subconscious!

Anyway about lucid dreaming I had one a few weeks ago it was so weird I cant really remember anything of the dream now except I remember it was like suddenly during the dream I became aware that it was a dream I was in and I either forgot what came after it or I just woke up suddenly.  Sometimes my dreams are so vivid its almost like living in another life.

So that was it so far my one lucid dream or at least what I can remember of it anyway, maybe there have been more and Ive completely forgotten them too. There are some that I can remember an aspect of the dream but its like its right there in that part of your head at the front where you think, if that makes any sense?  I do think my brain is damaged because of my brain disorder or from surgery or probably even both but I just find it really hard to think or contemplate sometimes, its like a total block.  It seems to be worse the harder I try, think frustration really makes it worse.  Its like that thing when you cant remember something, its on the tip of your tongue!

I've experienced lucid dreaming and have found that it gets easier with time. I've had experiences where I have woken up within dreams as well as experiences where I have fallen asleep with my mind still awake. I've found meditation and hypnosis tracks to help but the key (for me at least) has been to just lie there for as long as I can without moving and with my eyes closed. It helps to not be exhausted.

06-29-2015, 09:50 PM #3
cameronjcw
Justiciar
(06-29-2015, 09:44 PM)zenith Wrote:  
(06-29-2015, 09:19 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  I just wondered if others had experienced lucid dreaming, did it happen on its own or did you tray various methods like hypnosis or meditating to achieve this!?

Its always something I had wanted to experience and had tried hypnosis and meditation but never managed it, have always had wacky dreams, even a cpl of weird premonition like dreams, am still sure they were to this day, those only happened to me when I was a teenager and it was only two clear instances of this that I can remember, they were only significant to me.  I still wonder about them and wonder if it was just coincidence or maybe it was dejavu although that depends what dejavu really is too.

I also had recurring dreams growing up, mostly about there being some kind of war on and seeing army planes from outside our window flying around destroying things, that was when I was under ten years old, also had a recurring dream about being in a really dark creepy kind of park with nothing but a bench in it which I was sitting on and it was on the end of a cliff and the wind would talk to me and tell me it was going to blow me off and I would argue with it and fight against it and then would get blown off and would wake up.  I also used to have recurring dream about being like mr fantastic from the fantastic four when I was young (way before I knew of the fantastic four) I would bend completely horizontal from my ankles and be able to stand up that way and stretch my whole body like it was made of elastic.  I actually then found out a few years ago that I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome the Hypermobile type and have a lot of double joints, really bendy not in a good way, another older name for it was rubber man syndrome.  I always still find that bizzare now that I dreamed that so many years ago, like maybe I knew about it in my subconscious!

Anyway about lucid dreaming I had one a few weeks ago it was so weird I cant really remember anything of the dream now except I remember it was like suddenly during the dream I became aware that it was a dream I was in and I either forgot what came after it or I just woke up suddenly.  Sometimes my dreams are so vivid its almost like living in another life.

So that was it so far my one lucid dream or at least what I can remember of it anyway, maybe there have been more and Ive completely forgotten them too. There are some that I can remember an aspect of the dream but its like its right there in that part of your head at the front where you think, if that makes any sense?  I do think my brain is damaged because of my brain disorder or from surgery or probably even both but I just find it really hard to think or contemplate sometimes, its like a total block.  It seems to be worse the harder I try, think frustration really makes it worse.  Its like that thing when you cant remember something, its on the tip of your tongue!

I've experienced lucid dreaming and have found that it gets easier with time. I've had experiences where I have woken up within dreams as well as experiences where I have fallen asleep with my mind still awake. I've found meditation and hypnosis tracks to help but the key (for me at least) has been to just lie there for as long as I can without moving and with my eyes closed. It helps to not be exhausted.

ahh should have probably said I have serious issues with insomnia to the point of being sleep phobic these days, my sleep patterns like one day on one day off the way it goes constantly waking up so much gasping for breath is freaky and the medication I am on really does affect me remembering my dreams am sure. I used to be able to rememer them so much easier!!