#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Supermoon-11/14/16

11-14-2016, 11:02 AM #1
Lady
Chaplain
Tonight, look for the appearance of a supermoon. Because of the unusually close proximity of this full moon to the earth, gravity will be affected with stronger than usual high tides and plunging low tides the next morning. 
As a sidenote, it will be interesting to see if tonight's supermoon will conincide with a major event-stay tuned!  Big Grin

Note:
The last time the supermoon was this close, in 1948, the state of Israel was declared an independent nation, leading some to associate it with religious and political change.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/supermoo...ar-9255415

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 4 users Like Lady's post:
  • MaryJane, EliasP, Karlysymon, Delta Blues

11-14-2016, 01:08 PM #2
AndrianaStark
Marshall
My birthday.  Big Grin Heart

I enjoyed the moon last night. It lit up the whole night it was purely beautiful and took my breath away. I am looking forward to finishing my birthday off with yet another iconic moment.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
 “The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever.” 
(Thanks Alex)
The following 2 users Like AndrianaStark's post:
  • Karlysymon, Tarikko

11-14-2016, 04:33 PM #3
Karlysymon
Marshall
Happy belated birthday AS. I hope you had a great day! I LOVE full-moon nights! So romantic.........
Last night was glorious, with clear skies at that!
@Lady
i kinda remember a supermoon occurance last year. This is Glastonbury Tor, in England

This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 04:51 PM by Karlysymon. Edit Reason: picture
The following 2 users Like Karlysymon's post:
  • AndrianaStark, Tarikko

11-15-2016, 04:01 PM #4
AndrianaStark
Marshall
Thank you so much! Beautiful pic by the way!  Big Grin Heart

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
 “The world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the unbeliever.” 
(Thanks Alex)
The following 1 user Likes AndrianaStark's post:
  • Karlysymon