#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
There Is No Violent Hate-Crimewave in 'Trump's America'

11-12-2016, 12:20 AM #1
Thunderian
Chaplain
I found this refreshing to read.

Quote:There Is No Violent Hate-Crimewave in 'Trump's America'

Let's get this out of the way: there's no doubt that Donald Trump's policies may pose a direct threat to certain classes of American people. But in the wake of his Tuesday night election as president of the United States, there has been a wave of people worrying for the physical safety of Mexicans, Muslims, and anyone else who isn't white, male, and gender-conforming. The fear seems to legitimately be that there are would-be perpetrators of sexual assault and race-based violence that have been well-behaved so far but will now, emboldened by a President-elect Trump, suddenly go wild with the raping and the hate crimes.

Implausible? I think so. But the narrative has been bolstered by a few high-profile incidents of alleged aggression in Trump's America.

The first one to really go viral involved a Muslim female student at the University of Louisiana who claimed to have had her hijab ripped off and her wallet stolen the day after Trump's election by two white men wearing Trump hats. But on Thursday, local police announced that the young woman had admitted she fabricated the story. "This incident is no longer under investigation," the Lafayette Police Department said in a press release.

In another incident, this one in San Diego, a young Muslim woman's purse and car were stolen by one white male and one Hispanic male. While the men allegedly made negative comments about Muslims, it seems car stealing was more their motivation than harassment or intimidation—which is obviously shitty, but not necessarily a Trump-inspired act of bigotry.

And an alleged incident of a gay man named Chris Ball getting beaten up by Trump supporters in Santa Monica on election night seems to have not happened the way it was initially recounted, if the incident even happened at all. The Santa Monica Police Department posted a message to Facebook Thursday saying that neither the department nor city officials had "received any information indicating this crime occurred in the City of Santa Monica" and "a check of local hospitals revealed there was no victim of any such incident admitted or treated."

Other instances of "Trump inspired" violence and vandalism have also turned out to be hoaxes or misinterpretations. An alleged Ku Klux Klan rally in honor of Trump's victory turned out to be an old photo of conservatives carrying U.S., Gadsden, and Christian flags that were billowing out in a manner mistaken in a grainy photo for Klan robes. There were no Southern Illinois University students posting blackface selfies to social media after Trump's win.

A Nazi flag that went up over a home in San Francisco Wednesday wasn't a show of support for anti-Jewish sentiment but "a comment on our new president-elect," according to the anti-Trump resident who put it up. "I am hoping people get that this is a political statement, and that I'm not a Nazi supporter."

Other anti-Semitic imagery—such as "Sieg Heil 2016" spray-painted on an abandoned store front in Philadelphia—may have been legit expressions of bigotry or may have been similar attempts at commentary on Trump's election; it's unclear because no one is taking credit for them. The bulk of racist graffiti incidents appear to have happened around middle- and high-schools, which doesn't make their messages any less hurtful, I'm sure, but does suggest a phenomenon driven by mean and immature kids rather than rogue bands of serious neo-Nazis.

And while all sorts of horrible incidents are being reported on Twitter and Facebook... well, anyone can say anything on Twitter and Facebook. The bulk of these stories are "friend of a friend" told me types. But if men were really going around pulling knives on Muslim women on public buses in Trump's name, there would at least be local or campus news reports of it. Same, too, for the alleged wave of transgender teen suicides which keep getting mentioned in media but for which no one can offer any evidence.

I point all of this out not to mock or attempt to diminish the fear or dismay any individuals feel right now but to put things in perspective. The "hate acts reported across the country" in the wake of Trump's victory seem mostly relegated to graffiti at a few schools and one carjacking which may or may not have had anything to do with racial or religious prejudice. Less dramatic acts of racism—name calling, derogatory comments made in passing, etc.—do seem to be bubbling up more frequently this week, if the sheer number of such anecdotes shared online means anything. But while that's a shame in and of itself, it's also a world apart from the wave of "hate crimes" and violent attacks that many are conjuring up right now.

Pushers of this "rampant racist crimewave" in Trump's America story will dismiss posts like this one, and anyone who challenges their narrative, as naive, enabling of racists, or unconscionably non-empathetic to non-straight, white, Christian Americans. But I'm not the one trying to stoke false terror in vulnerable people or over-hype America's levels of hate for pageviews and Twitter faves.

link
The following 1 user Likes Thunderian's post:
  • Songbird516

11-12-2016, 01:25 AM #2
captainceebee
Marshall
Whites are pretty law abiding, they just want peace and prosperity. I can understand the fear to an extent, whitey is taking back his country and the shackles imposed by cultural marxism and the MSM are being cut free.

11-12-2016, 01:34 AM #3
Bruh
Knight
Ok, fair enough. Some of it may be hysteria, but these things do happen in 'Murica, and it happened a lot among Trump supporters and rallies. There is footage. 

Case in point, here.

So, some can be chalked up as "hearsay", but others have proof, such as Chris Weatherd's car. Did he do it to himself?  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:Someone on the streets of LA just yelled at one of my girl's Latina coworkers to "go back where you came from." 

Hearsay?  Could be, 'cept this is 'Murica and Trump just won. To say these things are all a part of the conspiracy is just all too convenient, imo. These things happen anyway so it's not asking too much to believe these people. Just because one recanted, it doesn't mean they are all lying. 

It's only day 3 tho, so it remains to be seen. 

11-12-2016, 01:36 AM #4
Bruh
Knight
Quote:Whites are pretty law abiding, they just want peace and prosperity.

You sound like the kkk tbh.  I'm just saying. I dunno where you live, but where I live there aren't a lot of blacks, and crime just goes on happening anyway.   Funny. 
The following 5 users Like Bruh's post:
  • Kung Fu, Pront, Alex, Tarikko, Nami

11-12-2016, 01:40 AM #5
captainceebee
Marshall
(11-12-2016, 01:36 AM)Bruh Wrote:  

You sound like the kkk tbh.  I'm just saying. I dunno where you live, but where I live there aren't a lot of blacks, and crime just goes on happening anyway.   Funny. 

I'm not murican. Whites statistically commit less crime, that's just a fact. Elias P posted the statistics of it. 

European societies were low crime until the last 20 years or so.

Also can you stop following me around the board calling me racist and kkk, I'm not interested in your silly communist labels. If I say something racist then point it out.

The biggest irony is THAT YOU ARE A RACIST
This post was last modified: 11-12-2016, 01:43 AM by captainceebee.
The following 2 users Like captainceebee's post:
  • Artful Revealer, MaryJane

11-12-2016, 02:13 AM #6
Stride
Chaplain
The "violence" was exposed as Soros funded protest groups creating havoc in various locations because they were paid to. 

WTF were they protesting? 

1. Their unpreferred candidate winning an election?
2.  Western democracy (let's set aside what it actually is)?
3. Hillary losing?

They behave like conplete idiots. They've been triggered by white middle America - who the establishment have been screwing, demoralising and exploiting off for decades - collectively voting against the system and because they hate Hillary. 

They hate the loss of jobs. 

They hate mass immigration from third world countries 

They hate the destruction of the country that was left to them by their parents, grand parents, great grand parents and beyond 

They hate the societal destruction thrust on them by obama and his commie cronies 

... etc etc 

And they voted against it

11-12-2016, 02:18 AM #7
Thunderian
Chaplain
Trump drew support from more than just whites, and a lot of folks, as Michael Moore pointed out, voted for Obama in the last two elections and then this time around voted Trump. They didn't all turn racist overnight.

Trump did well enough with Hispanics in FLA to take the state. Are all those Hispanics racist?

Trump also did surprisingly well with Latinos in the border state of Arizona. How does that fit into the racist machine that supposedly was the Trump campaign?

There is no evidence of any meaningful support for or expectation of a racist Trump presidency.

After two terms of a black president, America is more racially divided than ever. There is a violent domestic terrorist organisation called Black Lives Matter that no one on the left will condemn, let alone actively fight. Meanwhile, the lower classes are hard-pressed to find work, but turn on their TV's to see that the Dems want to let massive numbers of unskilled working age men into the country.

It's not racist to want a strong and united country and a hope for your future. Hillary and the left didn't offer that. They made excuses for violent, racist behavior (as they are doing now for the anti-Trump rioters) and blamed everyone else for being the cause. People got sick of it.

Trump took black voters seriously and told them that it's time to make things better. The Democrats are happy to keep black Americans on the dole, and voting Democrat, but Trump said "Wouldn't you rather have jobs?"

I'm looking forward to an American president who doesn't constantly run down the country or lecture people on how racist and sexist they inherently are.

Trump will undoubtedly say a lot of stupid things, but I am praying he does the right things for America and for the world. It's time to start solving some real problems, instead of wasting time making sure trans people are able to pee in a bathroom that validates them, or that illegals feel welcome.
The following 2 users Like Thunderian's post:
  • EliasP, Stride

11-12-2016, 02:21 AM #8
Bruh
Knight
(11-12-2016, 01:40 AM)captainceebee Wrote:  
(11-12-2016, 01:36 AM)Bruh Wrote:  

I'm not murican. Whites statistically commit less crime, that's just a fact. Elias P posted the statistics of it. 

European societies were low crime until the last 20 years or so.

Also can you stop following me around the board calling me racist and kkk, I'm not interested in your silly communist labels. If I say something racist then point it out.

The biggest irony is THAT YOU ARE A RACIST

You sound like them none-the-less, and I have pointed them out to you. 

Following you around?  pfft.  I didn't realize this forum was your living room. Sorry. 

I'm racist?  How?  Are you just going to say it and that's it?
The following 4 users Like Bruh's post:
  • Kung Fu, Orwell's mentor, Tarikko, Nami

11-12-2016, 02:23 AM #9
Stride
Chaplain
(11-12-2016, 01:25 AM)captainceebee Wrote:  Whites are pretty law abiding, they just want peace and prosperity. I can understand the fear to an extent, whitey is taking back his country and the shackles imposed by cultural marxism and the MSM are being cut free.
The stats are there 

The following 1 user Likes Stride's post:
  • EliasP

11-12-2016, 02:34 AM #10
Bruh
Knight
(11-12-2016, 02:18 AM)Thunderian Wrote:  Trump drew support from more than just whites, and a lot of folks, as Michael Moore pointed out, voted for Obama in the last two elections and then this time around voted Trump. They didn't all turn racist overnight.

Trump did well enough with Hispanics in FLA to take the state. Are all those Hispanics racist?

Trump also did surprisingly well with Latinos in the border state of Arizona. How does that fit into the racist machine that supposedly was the Trump campaign?

There is no evidence of any meaningful support for or expectation of a racist Trump presidency.

After two terms of a black president, America is more racially divided than ever. There is a violent domestic terrorist organisation called Black Lives Matter that no one on the left will condemn, let alone actively fight. Meanwhile, the lower classes are hard-pressed to find work, but turn on their TV's to see that the Dems want to let massive numbers of unskilled working age men into the country.

It's not racist to want a strong and united country and a hope for your future. Hillary and the left didn't offer that. They made excuses for violent, racist behavior (as they are doing now for the anti-Trump rioters) and blamed everyone else for being the cause. People got sick of it.

Trump took black voters seriously and told them that it's time to make things better. The Democrats are happy to keep black Americans on the dole, and voting Democrat, but Trump said "Wouldn't you rather have jobs?"

I'm looking forward to an American president who doesn't constantly run down the country or lecture people on how racist and sexist they inherently are.

Trump will undoubtedly say a lot of stupid things, but I am praying he does the right things for America and for the world. It's time to start solving some real problems, instead of wasting time making sure trans people are able to pee in a bathroom that validates them, or that illegals feel welcome.

The Black LIves Matter movement was literally born of just wanting to tell people that black lives mattered. That it was hijacked seems to have undermined that message. And you are blaming them for that?  What's wrong with wanting that message to be validated, not just by them but by whites and others, too? 

Also, is Trump not yuuuge on outsourcing?  He is, and it's no secret. So yeah, Americans are finding it harder to find work, because if they ask for a decent wage, American capitalists will just pay an immigrant less, whether here at home via immigrants or abroad by outsourcing. Seems you can't just put it on Obama when Trump does the other thing that is just as damning to American jobs.  

Quote:The stats are there 

Stats are, stats. Do they take into account any type of context at all?  Are black people just inherently criminals who would rather steal than work? Institutional racism not a thing?  Was racism abolished along with slavery, or did it become stronger out of resentment?  Didn't the CIA introduce crack cocaine into the ghettos, or no?  
The following 3 users Like Bruh's post:
  • Alex, Nami, justjess