#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Doctor strange movie

11-05-2016, 07:51 AM #1
icexplorer
Squire
I don't know the background of the original comic, but I have the feeling it has some connections with mk ultra.

For instance, I noticed a monarch butterfly (at least it seemed like a monarch one) when the doctor had it's first "vision" of the universe (the "ancient" implanted it into him) and was floating on the space.

There's also this mirrors thing, characters are trapped behind a "mirror world" and can get out only with a double ring.

What are your thoughts of this movie ?
The following 1 user Likes icexplorer's post:
  • Freetoday

11-05-2016, 10:17 PM #2
Freetoday
Justiciar
(11-05-2016, 07:51 AM)icexplorer Wrote:  I don't know the background of the original comic, but I have the feeling it has some connections with mk ultra.

For instance, I noticed a monarch butterfly (at least it seemed like a monarch one) when the doctor had it's first "vision" of the universe (the "ancient" implanted it into him) and was floating on the space.

There's also this mirrors thing, characters are trapped behind a "mirror world" and can get out only with a double ring.

The original comic is about magic. I'm going to see it Sunday night. I will say more after I have seen it. The main thing I don't like so far is that the Asian lady who is a central character is played by a white lady in yellow face. Smh

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
(Akala)

11-07-2016, 05:06 PM #3
Freetoday
Justiciar
(11-05-2016, 07:51 AM)icexplorer Wrote:  I don't know the background of the original comic, but I have the feeling it has some connections with mk ultra.

Cumberbatch's accent was trash. The movie was chock full of alters, one butterfly and some Alice-in-Wonderland altered states' sequence. There was some astro-planing and lots of talk about magic and spirit guides. Overall, despite the symbolism, you could just wait for Netflix. It wasn't worth the price of admission.

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
(Akala)