#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Greatness of God Almighty

10-19-2016, 03:14 PM #1
slave_of_God
Justiciar
I want to dedicate this thread to The Creator of everything that exists. I want to know how you beautiful people perceive The Greatness of God Almighty in your day-to-day or night-to-night lives Tongue

P.s. i love you foreverly unendingly

God Is The Creator of the coconut tree
How thin and tall is the trunk
Yet how does the delicious water fill up the coconut...

There is no god besides The Formless and Only Unique and Indivisible God
"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"
The following 8 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • celle76, Al Mualim, Sidhuriel, khadeejah, Trenton, The Creeper, Tarikko, DesertRose1

10-19-2016, 03:46 PM #2
DesertRose1
Chaplain
Well brother regarding my daily and nightly activities I would like to increase my capacity and focus and i am constantly battling for god consciousness and  get distracted by too much dunya/ worldly issues. I know I can combine but I am not good at multi tasking , I focus on one issue at a time. So I try to glorify Allah whilst for example cooking and before you know it I am off thinking about what spices to add or etc. I am better with sitting down and focusing..........working progress.

Here is a story that is dear to me although I just found out it is fabricated?

On Prophet Muhammad’s journey in al-Isra’ and al-Mi^raj, the Prophet smelled a very nice odor. He asked Jibril about this pleasant scent and Jibril informed him this good smell was coming from the grave of the woman whose duty used to be to comb Pharaoh's daughter's hair. This woman was a good, pious believer. One day, as she was combing Pharaoh's daughter's hair, the comb fell from her hand. At this she said, ""Bismillah. "Pharaoh's daughter asked her, "Do you have a god other than my father?" The woman said, "Yes. My Lord and the Lord of your father is Allah."
Pharaoh's daughter told her father what had happened. Pharaoh demanded this woman blaspheme and leave Islam, but she refused. At that, Pharaoh threatened to kill her children. He brought a great pot of water and built a great fire under it. When the water boiled, Pharaoh brought her children and started to drop them into that pot one after the other. Throughout all this, the woman remained steadfast to Islam, even when Pharaoh reached her youngest child--a little boy still breast feeding--but she felt pity for him. At that, Allah enabled this child to speak. He said to his mother, "O Mother, be patient. The torture of the Hereafter is far more severe than the torture of this life, and do not be reluctant, because you are right."

At this the woman requested Pharaoh collect her bones and the bones of her children and bury them in the same grave. Pharaoh promised her that--then dropped her into that boiling water. She died as a martyr (Shaheedah). The good odor the Prophet smelled coming from her grave is an indication of her high status.

May Allah accept our good deeds. May Allah make us among the pious on the Day of Judgment. And May Allah strengthen our Iman and make us stronger in defending the Religion of Islam. Allah knows best

Quick edit : I saw this quote:
(Or words to this effect ) Be less invested in your own specialness and as a result you will be liberated to accomplish the world changing work you have set out to achieve. (Ryan Holiday)
This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 05:55 PM by DesertRose1.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]

10-19-2016, 07:26 PM #3
slave_of_God
Justiciar
Masha Allah dearest Sis

I don't really know whether it is a fabricated Hadith or not, but it sure is beautiful, Subhaanallah.

Jazaakillah Khayr fid dunya wal Aakhirah for sharing it with us. Smile

The following 5 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • Sidhuriel, khadeejah, Tarikko, Trenton, DesertRose1

10-20-2016, 08:14 AM #4
slave_of_God
Justiciar

Subhaanallahi Walhamdulillahi Wa Laa Ilaaha Illallahu Allahu Akbar Wa Laa Hawla Wa Laa Quwwata Illaa Billaahil 'Aliyyil 'Adhweem

GLORY AND PURITY BELONGS TO GOD, AND ALL PRAISES AND THANKS ARE IN REALITY DUE ONLY TO GOD, AND THERE'S NO DEITY WORTHY OF BEING WORSHIPED BESIDES GOD, GOD IS THE GREATEST, AND THERE'S NO POWER NOR STRENGTH EXCEPT THROUGH GOD, THE MOST HIGH, THE SUPREMELY TREMENDOUS

The following 3 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • khadeejah, DesertRose1, Tarikko

10-20-2016, 08:22 AM #5
Tarikko
Chaplain
Sis DR

I don't think this is fabricated because our sheikh once related that story to us

Allahu A3lam

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 5 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • aspiringsoul, Alex, khadeejah, slave_of_God, DesertRose1

10-20-2016, 02:27 PM #6
slave_of_God
Justiciar
At each and every second of its rotation, God Almighty Is Keeping planet earth afloat as well as all other planets in their orbits.

How Immensely Powerful Is He!

He Does Not sleep nor is He subjected to slumber. He Is The Most Great, The Owner of Supremacy.

The following 3 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • DesertRose1, Tarikko, khadeejah

10-20-2016, 10:46 PM #7
EliasP
Justiciar
Gottfried Leibniz -
"Stiff-necked theologians attended to God’s greatness at the expense of his goodness, while more relaxed ones have
done the opposite. True orthodoxy consists in paying equal respect to both these perfections. Neglecting God’s greatness amounts to likening him to a human being; neglecting his goodness amounts to likening him to a despot."

Great and Good, Benevolent Providence.
The following 4 users Like EliasP's post:
  • khadeejah, DesertRose1, aspiringsoul, slave_of_God

10-20-2016, 10:56 PM #8
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
How do I perceive the Greatness of God in my day to day life?

Wow akhi, you want an essay? Smile

I will try to keep it short and to the point.

I perceive God in everything I do, in every waking moment. He is a peace in my heart, a part of me that is awake and that will never go away. I am never alone in my struggles, whenever the going gets tough I turn to Him. He is my comforter, my backbone and my protector.

When I suffer, I turn to Him, when I am happy, I praise Him.  I know He listens because every time I turn to Him my heart is filled with peace, and sometimes I feel overwhelming love. Once this year that love was so overwhelming that I have cried of joy for an hour on end Heart 

People around me ask me how I can be so happy with what I endure, and praise me for my positivity. It is not me however who makes me able to do that, God makes me able to do that. And that's what I tell them.

When I am in pain, I think of the reward He promised me. When I suffer, I turn to His comfort and He puts my mind at ease. He is always there for me. I rarely interact with people (I see maybe three people a week); but I am never lonely because He is with me. He is a source of eternal joy and peace for those who sincerely seek Him.

I am fulfilled through Him, and grateful for each moment that I get to breathe and see the beauty of this world. Even when you are in pain you can see the beauty of a sunset, or appreciate the singing of the birds. Even when you are unable to leave your bed, you can find His presence by calling His names and be at peace. He is always there.

You just have to come to Him.. Heart

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 6 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • khadeejah, DesertRose1, Ambuler, aspiringsoul, Tarikko, slave_of_God

10-21-2016, 12:24 AM #9
slave_of_God
Justiciar
Alhamdoelillah for that
Sis Sidhuriel for
The Almighty Blessed

You beyond measure
Thanking you infinitely
For what you've

Beautifully written is
The least i
Can do negativefinitely-speaking

The following 4 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • khadeejah, DesertRose1, Tarikko, Sidhuriel

10-21-2016, 06:14 AM #10
aspiringsoul
Justiciar
(10-20-2016, 10:46 PM)EliasP Wrote:  Gottfried Leibniz -
"Stiff-necked theologians attended to God’s greatness at the expense of his goodness, while more relaxed ones have
done the opposite. True orthodoxy consists in paying equal respect to both these perfections. Neglecting God’s greatness amounts to likening him to a human being; neglecting his goodness amounts to likening him to a despot."

Great and Good, Benevolent Providence.

Smile
@tarikko
this is that jalali and jamali theme once again
it's what the saying of Imam Malik refers to
whoever studies Jurisprudence (tafaqaha) and didn’t study Sufism [tasawwafa] will be corrupted; and whoever studied Sufism and didn’t study Jurisprudence will become a heretic; and whoever combined both will be reach the Truth.
The following 4 users Like aspiringsoul's post:
  • EliasP, DesertRose1, slave_of_God, Tarikko