#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Favorite Prophet?

10-12-2016, 07:24 AM #1
I think I would have to say mine is Samuel. The story of his mother and you heard a little bit of the environment he might grown up around with the wicked sons of Eli. Yet he still manage to be a voice for the Lord.
The following 4 users Like clfr's post:
  • Serveto, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, slave_of_God

10-12-2016, 08:41 AM #2
Artful Revealer

Spentamainyush Gatha

1. For his holy Spirit and for Best Thought, deed, and word, in accordance with Right Mazda Ahura with Dominion and Piety shall give us Welfare and Immortality.

2. The best (work) of this most holy Spirit he fulfills with the tongue through words of Good Thought, with work of his hands through the action of Piety, by virtue of this knowledge: he, even Mazda, is the Father of Right.

3. Thou art the holy Father of this Spirit, which has created for us the luck-bringing cattle, and for its pasture to give it peace (has created) Piety, when he had taken counsel, O Mazda, with Good Thought.

4. From this Spirit have Liars fallen away, O Mazda, but not the Righteous. Whether one is lord of little or of much, he is to show love to the righteous, but be ill unto the Liar.

5. And all the best things which by this Holy Spirit thou hast promised to the righteous, O Mazda Ahura, shall the Liar partake of them without thy will, who by his actions is on the side of Ill Thought?

6. Through this holy Spirit, Mazda Ahura, and through the Fire thou wilt give the division of good to the two parties, with support of Piety and Right. This verily will convert many who are ready to hear.

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 3 users Like Artful Revealer's post:
  • Serveto, The Creeper, slave_of_God

10-12-2016, 03:03 PM #3
Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who said in such a sense that

Intelligent among you are those who remember death and prepare for it.

When you wake up in the morning, don't expect to see the night. Do as many good deeds as you can. You may, God Willing, receive a good death, which is a gift for the believer in God.

With or without any means, it is only The Unimaginable God Who Creates everything
There is no god besides The Formless and Only Unique and Indivisible God
"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"
The following 8 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • Serendipity, Serveto, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Sidhuriel, Alex, khadeejah, Tarikko

10-12-2016, 07:03 PM #4
You and your boring single voice prophets.
The MMOCC recommends the one with 5 voices.
This post was last modified: 10-12-2016, 07:04 PM by btor.

Distinguished Member of the MMOCC, Modern Mainstream Orthodox Christian Church.
The following 2 users Like btor's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God

10-12-2016, 10:47 PM #5
(10-12-2016, 07:03 PM)btor Wrote:  You and your boring single voice prophets.
The MMOCC recommends the one with 5 voices.

I wish I could say I had one of those!  Sadly I can say I only have a digital emulation of the prophet-5 Sad

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 3 users Like Todd's post:

10-12-2016, 11:46 PM #6
The Kalki Avatar Prophecy
From The Vishnu Purana

“There will be rulers reigning over the Earth who will think of themselves as modern and superior; they shall rule through leaders of nations, and these leaders shall be men of vulgar, corrupt disposition, having a violent temper, and ever addicted to falsehood and evil.  They will inflict death on women, children and animals (through their wars and plagues); they will seize upon the property of their subjects; they will be however of limited and temporary power only as they will for the most part rapidly rise and fall in meteoric short careers; the lives of these leaders will be short, they will be physically and mentally ill from their insatiable desires and habits; and they will display but little of spiritual conscience.”
“The peoples of various countries, influenced by propaganda of their leaders, will follow the example of their leaders, and the Barbarians of materialism (in America and Europe) will be powerful in their patronage of the leaders of the less materially advanced countries; the more pure-minded and spiritual tribes (and social groupings) of their peoples shall be neglected and exploited so that those peoples shall be enslaved, suffer and perish in great numbers.”
 “In all nations, wealth and spirituality will decrease day by day until the entire world will be corrupt, crooked and depraved.  Then property alone will confer rank or high reputation; money will be the only object of devotion and dedication in people; the vicissitudes of physical sexual desire will be the only and fleeting bond of union between the sexes; women will be regarded as nothing but objects of sexual gratification; and falsehood will be the only means of success in litigation.”
 “The natural Earth will be venerated only for it’s mineral treasures (such as oil); nothing but the Brahmanical thread in India will be said to make a person a Brahman; external clothing will be the only distinction of the level of evolution of human beings; dishonesty instead of genuine productive work will become the short-lived means of subsistence for people everywhere; weakness and irresponsibility will cause more and more people to depend on charity and the state wherever they can; political menace, conformity and intellectual presumption will be substituted for education; immorality and personal corruption will be the new false religion; mere external bathing and showering will be the substitute for internal purification; easily breakable mutual assent will be the only marriage vow of parents for rearing children and divorce with broken homes will ever increase; fine clothes and bodily physique will be the only human dignity; and only water in far-away holy places will be sacred, for the local water will be increasingly polluted.”
 “Amidst all the natural castes (or levels of human evolution) the strongest in wealth and brute force shall rule over all principalities and everything will be done in a faulty way.  The common people, unable to bear the heavy taxation and other burdens of their greedy and oppressive governors and leaders shall take refuge in the remote countryside; more and more people will try to avoid polluted food, preferring to live on wild honey, herbs, roots and flowers, as well as the hunting of wild animals, fish and birds; but their poverty will increase as they are exposed to increasing extremes of freezing cold or hot droughts and fires from chaotic wind, sun and rain.  All this will become so severe that in most regions the average lifespan of life will be only twenty-three years from all the deaths taking place from various conditions.  Thus during the Kali Yuga Climax Period (just before the solar system enters the Ascending Dwapara Yuga) the general degeneration and destruction will accelerate to the point that the entire human race on Earth will be near annihilation.”
 “When the spiritual traditions of the past are no longer practiced and the institutions of law and justice have become falsified and dysfunctional, the final closure of the Kali Yuga shall be imminent.  At that time, a Self of the Divine Being who exists in His own innate spiritual nature in oneness with Brahman, and who shall be both the beginning and the end of all spiritual ways, and who comprehends all the spiritual ways and philosophies and sciences, shall descend upon the Earth.  He will be a true Brahman (by inner nature) from Shambhala.  He will be known as Kalki, chalky (Caucasian), endowed with all eight superhuman faculties, siddhis.  By an irresistible Cosmic Force he will destroy the Barbarian rulers and leaders who are nothing but conniving thieves whose minds are devoted to evil.  He, Kalki, will then re-establish righteous harmony upon the Earth; and the minds of those who survive the end of the Kali Age shall be awakened into higher unprejudiced awareness and be clear as crystal.  Those men and women of that peculiar time of transition shall be as seeds of the emergent human race that shall ascend and evolve through the Dwapara and Treta Ages into a new Krita Golden Age.”

My Worldview
America's Foundation - The Origin of Mankind Pt. 1, Pt. 2

The following 3 users Like EliasP's post:

10-13-2016, 03:34 AM #7
The Creeper
I make no distinction between them Cool

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 6 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Serendipity, Kung Fu, Serveto, Thy Unveiling, slave_of_God, Tarikko

10-13-2016, 11:06 AM #8
I have no favorite, but to stay within the "Abrahamic" ambit, I have always admired Prophet Daniel, not just for the prophecies his book contains, but also because of the literary flourishes in his story.  For instance, in the book, as I recall (and it's been awhile since I read it), he is taken into Babylonian captivity, retains his composure and sense of fidelity to God, accepts a Babylonian name, befriends King Nebuchadnezzar, refuses to obey the King's misguided command to worship idols, refuses Babylonian food, and, finally, through patience, good example and perseverance, brings Nebuchadnezzar, who is made to spend seven mad years, beast-like, eating grass and growing hair in the wilderness, to so much sense that the King writes a portion of Daniel's book, proclaiming the goodness of God.

Speaking of literary flourishes, a nice, amusing touch (to me) is the fact that not only was Daniel, with God's permission, able to interpret King Nebuchadnezzar's dream, which, being prophetic, might affect us all, he was actually able to remember the dream which the King himself had forgotten.  So Daniel not only interpreted but also remembered another person's dream, a dream of kingdoms in which we find ourselves.  Ha.  That, to me, is good, enduring stuff.
This post was last modified: 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM by Serveto.
The following 5 users Like Serveto's post:
  • Serendipity, slave_of_God, Tarikko, The Creeper, Kung Fu

10-13-2016, 11:19 AM #9
Kung Fu
I'm with Creeper. They're all my favourite. However, my favourite story of the prophets has to be that of Adam's(pbuh) and or Yusuf's/Joseph's.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Serendipity, slave_of_God, Tarikko, The Creeper

10-13-2016, 01:46 PM #10
I would look at the prophets of the bible and think 'they all came from a long tradition of revelation'. Then you get the odd ones like Abraham and Moses who are distinctively separated and given something entirely new.
Prophet Mohammad SAW stood out from all of them because he entered the worst kind of civilisation.

Even still, i find it difficult being inspired by people who themselves had been selected by God and divinely protected and given revelation.

it is more difficult for the ave joe who doesnt magically get an angel coming to him telling him 'God is with you'
Basically irl people who get to a certain level without guidance, can go crazy because there is no explanation for their experiences.
The following 3 users Like aspiringsoul's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, slave_of_God