#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
BTS's new music video (K-Pop)

10-10-2016, 03:03 PM #1
ChoiSeungHyun
Squire
Hi guys! Smile
Yesterday I've been waiting for BTS's new music video and honestly expected some weird stuff in it because teasers for it and their new album contained some disturbing symbols. But when I've watched it I was shocked with amount of symbols... 
Please, take a look at this video. What do you think?

It's been told by some official sources that the whole concept of new album and video based on the book called "Demian'' by Herman Hesse and one member of the group named Jin represents main character of the book Sinclair and other boys represent Jin's personalities. By the plot Jin is trying to escape 'evil world' and to get rid of evil personalities in his mind but something goes wrong in the video.......................

I like BTS myself and it hurts to see such stuff in their videos Sad(((
Also, the video gained more than 7 million views in 24 hours.

This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 06:43 AM by ChoiSeungHyun.
The following 2 users Like ChoiSeungHyun's post:
  • Lotte, slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 03:46 PM #2
Joanna
Peasant
This m/v makes me so sad because I love BTS, but there is so much symbolism in this it. Especially at the end, with Jin's cracked eye. Their previous videos from Young Forever era weren't as blatant. I was actually dreading this comeback because I knew it was going to be something darker..
The following 1 user Likes Joanna's post:
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 03:51 PM #3
ChoiSeungHyun
Squire
(10-10-2016, 03:46 PM)Joanna Wrote:  This m/v makes me so sad because I love BTS, but there is so much symbolism in this it. Especially at the end, with Jin's cracked eye. Their previous videos from Young Forever era weren't as blatant. I was actually dreading this comeback because I knew it was going to be something darker..

Also I couldn't stop watching it for almost an hour and my friends couldn't too. It just made me feel kind of depressed.. It's odd. 
It's seems like all of their eras are connected, isn't it?
The following 1 user Likes ChoiSeungHyun's post:
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 04:07 PM #4
Joanna
Peasant
(10-10-2016, 03:51 PM)ChoiSeungHyun Wrote:  
(10-10-2016, 03:46 PM)Joanna Wrote:  This m/v makes me so sad because I love BTS, but there is so much symbolism in this it. Especially at the end, with Jin's cracked eye. Their previous videos from Young Forever era weren't as blatant. I was actually dreading this comeback because I knew it was going to be something darker..

Also I couldn't stop watching it for almost an hour and my friends couldn't too. It just made me feel kind of depressed.. It's odd. 

Yup, definitely. I feel like this was planned from the beginning,  you know? They've carefully arranged every comeback. 
And, I felt the same. Just really sad, but I couldn't get enough of the song, it was kinda weird. I felt the same with Run  (Japanese version) and when I was watching the teasers. 
Also, with this comeback they broke a lot of records and this makes me even more suspicious..
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 04:13 PM #5
ChoiSeungHyun
Squire
(10-10-2016, 04:07 PM)Joanna Wrote:  

Yup, definitely. I feel like this was planned from the beginning,  you know? They've carefully arranged every comeback. 
And, I felt the same. Just really sad, but I couldn't get enough of the song, it was kinda weird. I felt the same with Run  (Japanese version) and when I was watching the teasers. 
Also, with this comeback they broke a lot of records and this makes me even more suspicious..

You're right... from the beginning. Did you see in their very first music video words "Stigma" and "Agust D" written on the wall behind them? Does it mean that their new song "Stigma" and Suga's pseudonym have been planned 3 years ago?...  
And now they're №1 worldwide on ITunes.........
It's make me feel sad that all videos are connected lol  Idk why 
This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 04:14 PM by ChoiSeungHyun.
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 04:23 PM #6
Joanna
Peasant
(10-10-2016, 04:13 PM)ChoiSeungHyun Wrote:  

You're right... from the beginning. Did you see in their very first music video words "Stigma" and "Agust D" written on the wall behind them? Does it mean that their new song "Stigma" and Suga's pseudonym have been planned 3 years ago?...  

Well, we know that Suga's been working on his mixtape for a very long time, so anything is possible. I don't know what to say about Stigma. I'm still trying to understand this whole "story". It makes me really sad, for no apparent reason and it's so frustrating. Maybe it's because I don't want anything to happen to them? I dunno. I guess I'm just afraid that they're gonna end up like their "characters" in the mvs.
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 04:30 PM #7
ChoiSeungHyun
Squire
(10-10-2016, 04:23 PM)Joanna Wrote:  
(10-10-2016, 04:13 PM)ChoiSeungHyun Wrote:  

Well, we know that Suga's been working on his mixtape for a very long time, so anything is possible. I don't know what to say about Stigma. I'm still trying to understand this whole "story". It makes me really sad, for no apparent reason and it's so frustrating. Maybe it's because I don't want anything to happen to them? I dunno. I guess I'm just afraid that they're gonna end up like their "characters" in the mvs.

Omg, I'm scared of the same thing... Especially, I'm afraid about Jin Sad((
I feel you, I'm sad all day because of weird vibes..........
I wish they would make some songs like Fire or Dope... but I don't understand why are they making those kind of music?  Majority of people won't even understand the whole concept or philosophy behind it. Even if they won't, album sells faster than the speed of light lol 
I hope they are all going to be okay Smile
This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 04:31 PM by ChoiSeungHyun.
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 09:11 PM #8
lolita
Squire
Its not only this video that is full of symbolism, they have been doing this since "I need U". And since that song came out  their popularity grew a lot too. Its not a coincidence

they come from a small company but they are one of the top kpop boygroups right now. To be in this position they have to be part of some dark stuff

some of the songs in this new album are really obvious, for example in the first one "boy meets EVIL" if you read the lyrics you will se that Jhope is saying they had to join the dark side to be succesful

Jimin song "LIE" is also very sad, he is basically saying he is living a lie and he is not his old self anymore, he wants to escape but he cant. 
when I read the lyrics for his song I got really sad. Jimin is my bias but I dont like the way the company treats him always forcing him to show his body since debut,  they were  sexualizing him when he was just a kid
The following 2 users Like lolita's post:
  • Lotte, slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 09:23 PM #9
ChoiSeungHyun
Squire
(10-10-2016, 09:11 PM)lolita Wrote:  Its not only this video that is full of symbolism, they have been doing this since "I need U". And since that song came out  their popularity grew a lot too. Its not a coincidence

they come from a small company but they are one of the top kpop boygroups right now. To be in this position they have to be part of some dark stuff

some of the songs in this new album are really obvious, for example in the first one "boy meets EVIL" if you read the lyrics you will se that Jhope is saying they had to join the dark side to be succesful

Jimin song "LIE" is also very sad, he is basically saying he is living a lie and he is not his old self anymore, he wants to escape but he cant. 
when I read the lyrics for his song I got really sad. Jimin is my bias but I dont like the way the company treats him always forcing him to show his body since debut,  they were  sexualizing him when he was just a kid

I've just read the translation of this song and I'm just................... in pain. Are their popularity and company and something we don't know about so sinister that it makes Jimin write that kind of lyrics?....Cry
  • slave_of_God

10-10-2016, 09:56 PM #10
lolita
Squire
(10-10-2016, 09:23 PM)ChoiSeungHyun Wrote:  
(10-10-2016, 09:11 PM)lolita Wrote:  Its not only this video that is full of symbolism, they have been doing this since "I need U". And since that song came out  their popularity grew a lot too. Its not a coincidence

I've just read the translation of this song and I'm just................... in pain. Are their popularity and company and something we don't know about so sinister that it makes Jimin write that kind of lyrics?....Cry

when I first read the lyrics I wanted to cry too, its so sad. I feel like he is begging for help.  Cry
But fans think this is just a sexy song and nothing more, they dont understand what he is REALLY trying to say here  Dodgy

I dont trust their company at all. I think they overwork them and just see them as a source of money
When BTS debuted Jimin was only 17 years old, but the company forced him to show his abs for their debut song. 
Then in MAMA 2014 Jimin had to show his body again and dance half naked on stage... Dodgy 
I think the company is using him as a sex object tbh

And now that Jungkook is older maybe they will try to use him too, I see a lot of sexual scenes in this video
Nobody knows what these idols have to do to be succesful, its all really sad if you think about it
The following 1 user Likes lolita's post:
  • slave_of_God