#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The-kumbaya-hippy-let's-all-hold-hands-and-just-be-nice-to-each-other-thread

09-22-2016, 05:19 PM #1
The Creeper
Chaplain
Peace and blessings be upon you everyone Smile

I hope you liked the thread title Big Grin Someone said something along those lines a while back and after seeing the following post in the Random thoughts thread, I thought I would make it into a new spin off thread where we are just nice to each other for the sake of being nice in an attempt to foster a bit of some sometimes much needed love and mutual understanding around here.

(09-22-2016, 09:51 AM)Loki Wrote:  
(09-22-2016, 09:09 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  A crypto-Jew getting along with a Zionist Christian. I'm absolutely shocked!

I'm willing to bet they never talk about religion. People can be friendly and like each other in spite of, or with complete disregard for religion. I like Lisa, Creeper, Scimi, Flix, and plenty of other current and former members of various religions and beliefs that I'm not a part of, have no interest in, and believe to be pointless. I guess whether they like me in return is up to them, but their personal religions have nothing to do with why I like them.

Just so you know Loki, I like you Smile

It goes without saying that I got a lot of love for Thy Unveiling, Scimitar and Tarikko

I also like Goku, Luna and Sophiaponders, who I haven't seen for a while... Kung Fu, justjess, Hex, Todd, Alex, aspiringsoul, damien50, Khadeejah, Stride, TonyVanDam, peony, Maryjane, Serveto, Truthordare, Lady, Ambula, DesertRose1, Yahda, Vytas, Serendipity, konkretemind, Artful Revealer and there are plenty of others

Even though we may not share all the same beliefs and maybe on the odd occasion we may butt heads over these differences, but I like all the above people mentioned (and some others who's names I couldn't remember or spell while I was writing the list). For the most part (because I know we all have our moments), it has been insightful and a pleasure talking to you all and I just felt that we should have a proper place to show our appreciation for each other, despite our differences on the odd occasion.

It is not about just straight kissing ass, in fact, I am going to ask that none of you like the OP. I would also like to suggest that if the idea behind this thread completely backfires and another war breaks out that you just meme and gif the hell out of each other.

Everybody be cool Cool this thread is a place of chill, man

Take it easy Heart

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 13 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Zazazu, Serveto, luna, Kung Fu, Loki, Serendipity, Hex, cookie, Starks, slave_of_God, damien50, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

09-22-2016, 05:43 PM #2
DesertRose1
Chaplain
I really hope that war doesn't break out Creeper. Your intentions were clear!
Thanks to you and the lovely TU among others for being so kind to the newbies.
I really had to restrain myself from liking the OP. Big Grin
looking forward to seeing how this thread pans out.
By the way, I like some of the BBC programs that some people have uploaded to youtube, are you aware of the one called the Apprentice UK with a dude called Lord Alan? ( Much better than the American one with Trump)
I think deep down I like buying and selling, although when I go to the mid-east I leave the haggling to my hubby.
I am a sucker for a good sob story,
k see ya later.........
This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 05:54 PM by DesertRose1.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 6 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • Kung Fu, Loki, Tarikko, The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling

09-22-2016, 06:22 PM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I had already clicked Like before getting to the line about not Liking it Blush lol

I like too many people here to name anyone, and would most definitely neglect to name some and feel like a jerk for doing so. Instead; I'll simply say: aww I like you too, Rose! And it is no secret that I adore you, Creeper Blush

I like most everyone Tongue

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 6 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Kung Fu, Loki, Tarikko, The Creeper, DesertRose1, slave_of_God

09-22-2016, 06:38 PM #4
damien50
Chaplain
Please add me to the do not like list post haste.

Sincerely,

Damien

Tell me when my trolling becomes congratulatory.  Please.

P.S. I liked your post to be contrarian.
This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 06:39 PM by damien50.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 5 users Like damien50's post:
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko, The Creeper, DesertRose1, slave_of_God

09-22-2016, 06:49 PM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
You are a very hard man to read sometimes, dear Damien, and are no troll Heart

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 5 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko, The Creeper, DesertRose1, slave_of_God

09-22-2016, 06:57 PM #6
damien50
Chaplain
(09-22-2016, 06:49 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  You are a very hard man to read sometimes, dear Damien, and are no troll Heart

You aren't the first to say so, yet I jest more often than not

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 6 users Like damien50's post:
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko, The Creeper, slave_of_God, DesertRose1, Thy Unveiling

09-23-2016, 01:18 AM #7
slave_of_God
Justiciar
Qur'an Chapter 6 Verse 32

And this world's life is naught but a play and an idle sport and certainly the abode of the hereafter is better for those who guard (against evil); do you not then understand?

There is no god besides The Formless and Only Unique and Indivisible God
"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"
The following 6 users Like slave_of_God's post:
  • khadeejah, Alex, Kung Fu, DesertRose1, Tarikko, The Creeper

09-23-2016, 02:38 AM #8
Vytas
Justiciar
It's a tough challenge, moderate yourself at all times and keep emotions in check always, probably impossible, but desire to try is good enough...I remember back in the day after some "dances" with scimi i had to pm apologies to some people, and more than once Big Grin If i would now go to a certain thread i would lose my shit real fast, so i leave them to their...ideas. Anyways nice thread, i cant like it so clap clap clap

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 8 users Like Vytas's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, khadeejah, The Creeper, Kung Fu, Loki, DesertRose1, Tarikko, slave_of_God

09-23-2016, 04:09 PM #9
Todd
Chaplain
Nothing but Love from me Creeper!  

I love everybody on this forum...(yes even Lisa Heart ) and Loki is my favorite "non-believer" on the forum (I hope that was the least offensive term to use... apologies ahead of time if it wasn't) 

Damien, I like your brand of trolling...don't ever stop Big Grin

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 7 users Like Todd's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, The Creeper, slave_of_God, Kung Fu, Loki, DesertRose1

09-23-2016, 04:19 PM #10
Loki
Chaplain
(09-23-2016, 04:09 PM)Todd Wrote:  Nothing but Love from me Creeper!  

I love everybody on this forum...(yes even Lisa Heart ) and Loki is my favorite "non-believer" on the forum (I hope that was the least offensive term to use... apologies ahead of time if it wasn't) 

Damien, I like your brand of trolling...don't ever stop Big Grin

Non-believer works. Sinner, heretic, atheist, agnostic, and dude all work as well.

I would say that I like pretty much every current poster whom I've had the time to interact with. Even posters I tend to butt heads with like Tarikko and Kung Fu I've grown to like over time. I may not like certain aspects of their beliefs or the way they choose to interact with others at times, but they are good well-meaning guys and even if we are squabbling hopefully it is not viewed as anything personal.

Shout out to Hex! I know he's lurking because he liked the OP. How ya been man? Shoot me a PM or respond here if you ever managed to take that trip and tell me about it.

Take care everyone, and if this is my last post for the day, have a great weekend!

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 7 users Like Loki's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, The Creeper, slave_of_God, DesertRose1, Kung Fu, justjess