#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Let There Be Joy!

09-19-2016, 11:06 AM #1
Lady
Chaplain
I don't know about you, but I need a lift! This thread is about finding and naming the joy that we see in our day. Let's list at least 5 things about our day that we find joyful. This is actually something of a psychological method in order to bring our thoughts into a more positive perspective!

1. Gorgeous, clear blue September skies

2. Took the day off   Tongue

3. Played with my dog outside

4. packing for a family visit

5. God is good to me  Heart

I hope that I can read your comments and share in your joy!

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 8 users Like Lady's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Floss, DesertRose1, Ambuler, Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Vytas

09-19-2016, 06:45 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
1) Got some cross-training at work today; will be doing a different position Thursday and Friday (the more I learn; the more indespensible I make myself)

2) For the first time in months; I am not stressed about rent and bills!

3) Actually have an evening to myself. This is so rare!

4) God is good

5) is my favorite number

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 8 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Floss, DesertRose1, Trenton, Ambuler, Lady, Vytas

09-19-2016, 09:04 PM #3
Vytas
Justiciar
5 seems like a lot, anyways let's try...

1. First day at work after after long vacation but feeling great all the same.

2. Finally healthy, at peak mentally and physically.

3. Love nostalgia which autumn always brings to me

4. Winning my spiritual battles these days more often than not..

5. Attention overload today and I'm vain enough to enjoy it
This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 09:04 PM by Vytas.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 8 users Like Vytas's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Floss, DesertRose1, Trenton, Ambuler, Thy Unveiling, Lady

09-19-2016, 09:38 PM #4
Lady
Chaplain
TU and Vytas,
Sounds like good things are happening for each of you! I pray that trend will keep going your way!  Heart

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 7 users Like Lady's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Floss, Vytas, DesertRose1, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-20-2016, 12:36 AM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Ty Lady! I hope things continue to go well for you, too! Also ty for adding positive vibes to thr forums Smile Heart
This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 12:37 AM by Thy Unveiling. Edit Reason: Manners

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 7 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Floss, Vytas, DesertRose1, Trenton, Lady

09-20-2016, 12:08 PM #6
Lady
Chaplain
1. Health

2. Truth

3. Growing as a person in knowledge and wisdom
         ^    ^       ^       ^       ^        ^        ^        ^         ^
4. Patience from God and others as I do the above

5. Dostoevsky's books

The following 5 users Like Lady's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Vytas, DesertRose1

09-20-2016, 12:36 PM #7
Ambuler
Marshall
I'd like to give this a whirl.  

1) I am again working for a company that I appreciate and I know appreciates me. (The pay and benes don't hurt either Tongue)

2) I have the love of my life as my husband and the most beautiful daughter in the world.

3) I have been given breath this morning to again have the opportunity to live out God's will.

4) My daughter is now in school and she loves it.  I was worried about that but, it appears, she is just fine without me all day  Undecided lol

5)  I am grateful that God continues to allow my eyes to see and my ears to hear.  If that makes sense, which I'm sure to some of you, that will

It is very interesting the order that I thought of these top five.  I was tempted to change the order, but I think, in the name of honesty, I won't.  It's telling to where I am spiritually.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart  to all of you.  

That's for you, DR  Wink
The following 8 users Like Ambuler's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, AndrianaStark, Thy Unveiling, Floss, DesertRose1, Trenton, Lady

09-20-2016, 12:42 PM #8
Lady
Chaplain
Very nice, Ambuler! I forgot to thank God for today when I got up this morning. Your thankfulness for today's breath reminded me.

Heart

The following 5 users Like Lady's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, DesertRose1, Ambuler

09-20-2016, 03:46 PM #9
DesertRose1
Chaplain
I am grateful for my life and all who are in it.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for my relationship with Allah . I would lift this religion on my shoulders if I could. Heart
I am grateful for my significant others and the fact that they finally know I am trying to always be a real one. Big Grin

Ambuler ! Smile You are a real one too!
This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 05:10 PM by DesertRose1.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 7 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, AndrianaStark, Thy Unveiling, Floss, Ambuler, Lady

09-20-2016, 05:07 PM #10
Lady
Chaplain
It is so nice to come here for kindness, gratefulness and joy. Thanks, everyone for adding to the positive vibe!  Heart

The following 4 users Like Lady's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, DesertRose1