#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Monsanto Bought for $66 Billion

09-14-2016, 04:08 PM #1
Artful Revealer
Chaplain
Quote:Bayer clinches $66bn Monsanto takeover in controversial deal

Acquisition of US ‘frankenstein’ foods company creates the world’s biggest maker of seeds and pesticides – but some analysts have lebelled it a ‘horror deal’

Bayer has clinched its takeover of controversial “frankenstein” foods company Monsanto for $66bn (£50bn) in a deal that creates the world’s biggest maker of seeds and pesticides.

The takeover, finalised today, is the largest ever by a German company and the biggest acquisition in the world this year, but some analysts have already labelled the deal a “horror story”.

The fee is more than a fifth higher than Monsanto’s closing price on Tuesday, and a full 45 per cent above the level its shares were trading at before Bayer showed an interest.

Bayer may also have to deal with a backlash over the deal. As a pioneer of genetically modified organisms, Monsanto has become a lightning rod for protest against the technology, which some environmental groups say is inadequately tested and potentially dangerous.

Interesting amount of money.

For people who believe in the Devil's existence, that is.

GMO's gonna go global like never before now.

Edit:

Wonder if it could have anything to do with bypassing possibly failed TTIP negotiations.
This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 04:23 PM by Artful Revealer.

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 2 users Like Artful Revealer's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-14-2016, 04:31 PM #2
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Just heard about this in the morning. Quite interesting. Let's see how this turns out.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Al Mualim, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-14-2016, 06:02 PM #3
icexplorer
Squire
Wow, that's the creepy kind of news I don't like Sad

I believe Monsanto along with Nestlé are 2 of the most eviliest companies.
The following 4 users Like icexplorer's post:
  • MaryJane, Al Mualim, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-14-2016, 06:46 PM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
(09-14-2016, 06:02 PM)icexplorer Wrote:  Wow, that's the creepy kind of news I don't like Sad

Just wondering, why do you think Nestle is too?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

09-14-2016, 07:13 PM #5
Stride
Chaplain
(09-14-2016, 04:08 PM)Artful Revealer Wrote:  
Quote:Bayer clinches $66bn Monsanto takeover in controversial deal

Acquisition of US ‘frankenstein’ foods company creates the world’s biggest maker of seeds and pesticides – but some analysts have lebelled it a ‘horror deal’

Bayer has clinched its takeover of controversial “frankenstein” foods company Monsanto for $66bn (£50bn) in a deal that creates the world’s biggest maker of seeds and pesticides.

The takeover, finalised today, is the largest ever by a German company and the biggest acquisition in the world this year, but some analysts have already labelled the deal a “horror story”.

The fee is more than a fifth higher than Monsanto’s closing price on Tuesday, and a full 45 per cent above the level its shares were trading at before Bayer showed an interest.

Bayer may also have to deal with a backlash over the deal. As a pioneer of genetically modified organisms, Monsanto has become a lightning rod for protest against the technology, which some environmental groups say is inadequately tested and potentially dangerous.

Interesting amount of money.

For people who believe in the Devil's existence, that is.

GMO's gonna go global like never before now.

Edit:

Wonder if it could have anything to do with bypassing possibly failed TTIP negotiations.
Bank of America and Credit Suisse are Bayer’s main advisers, and Rothschild is also working on the deal (they probably set the purchase price). 
The following 3 users Like Stride's post:
  • Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-14-2016, 07:14 PM #6
Stride
Chaplain
(09-14-2016, 06:46 PM)Lisa Wrote:  
(09-14-2016, 06:02 PM)icexplorer Wrote:  Wow, that's the creepy kind of news I don't like Sad

Nestle has long provided baby formula products as aid to African nations during famine where the ingredients are too rich for the starving babies to digest and it kills them. 

That's just one example.
The following 5 users Like Stride's post:
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-14-2016, 07:26 PM #7
The Creeper
Chaplain
(09-14-2016, 07:14 PM)Stride Wrote:  

Nestle has long provided baby formula products as aid to African nations during famine where the ingredients are too rich for the starving babies to digest and it kills them. 

That's just one example.

Don't forget about them wanting to privatise fresh water

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Tarikko, Starks, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

09-14-2016, 07:29 PM #8
DesertRose1
Chaplain
food being used as weapon of mass destruction.......as in believers will not eat in the time of the Anti-Christ.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 5 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • Al Mualim, Tarikko, Trenton, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

09-14-2016, 07:38 PM #9
Lisa
Chaplain

That's just one example.

I haven't heard that, what's other examples?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

09-14-2016, 07:41 PM #10
Lisa
Chaplain
(09-14-2016, 07:26 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  

That's just one example.

Don't forget about them wanting to privatise fresh water

It used to be against the law to catch rain water here. My husband said they changed that in July that your allowed to catch a 50 gallon barrel now.

The following 2 users Like Lisa's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling