#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Muslim opinions on titles of pope like Holy Father wanted

09-03-2016, 11:58 PM #1
clfr
Squire
I am curious seeing as Islam and the Catholics seem to be getting closer these days. What would be a Muslim's opinion on some of the pope's titles like Holy Father, Holy See, His Holiness.

09-04-2016, 01:06 AM #2
DesertRose1
Chaplain
I hope for solidarity with people of good will....Smile

Regarding the pope's titles we do not adhere to that creed.So those titles are not relevant to us.

l checked Islam qa the only thing I found is that we can call our own scholars father if they have become elders......nothing else and Allah knows best .........since we do not take any men as lords over us.

“Then, We have sent the Revelation to you (O Muhammad saying): “Follow the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) Haneef (Islamic Monotheism — to worship none but Allaah) and he was not of the Mushrikoon (polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers).
[al-Nahl 16:123]

“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad ) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and pass over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allaah a light (Prophet Muhammad  ) and a plain Book (this Qur’aan).
Wherewith Allaah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to the Straight Way (Islamic Monotheism).”
[al-Maa’idah 5:15-16]
This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 01:11 AM by DesertRose1.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 4 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • Alex, Tarikko, Nami, The Creeper

09-04-2016, 01:55 AM #3
The Creeper
Chaplain
It shouldn't be done.

We worship God and God alone. We don't need an intermediary, we just pray directly to The Most High.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • celle76, Alex, DesertRose1, Tarikko, Nami

09-04-2016, 02:19 AM #4
Floss
Marshall
(09-04-2016, 01:55 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  It shouldn't be done.

We worship God and God alone. We don't need an intermediary, we just pray directly to The Most High.

I really wish Muslims here look deeper into the creator's title they are reverenced to. 

"God" mean: Fortunes/Distributor

Stop using the word "god", as you cannot worship 'fortune' and TMH at the same time. Do truly look deeper into the name you are referencing TMH. 

Don't be part of the comfortable lies. 'God' is not whom you want to pay homages to. 

You can assumed that you had been played/tricked if you had complete comforts in a belief. That is exactly how satan wanted to play you. Do not be comfortable with what you believed is true. My advice is to not freezed your seeking heart my brother and sister with reverences to TMH. Keep seeking/praying and never stop! I believed the truth is NOT main streams! 

May TMH guide you all to the absolute truth.
This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 02:23 AM by Floss.

09-04-2016, 02:47 AM #5
clfr
Squire
(09-04-2016, 01:06 AM)DesertRose1 Wrote:  I hope for solidarity with  people of good will....Smile

Regarding the pope's titles we do not adhere to that creed.So those titles are not relevant to us.

l checked Islam qa the only thing I found is that we can call our own scholars father if they have become elders......nothing else and Allah knows best .........since we do not take any men as lords over us.

“Then, We have sent the Revelation to you (O Muhammad saying): “Follow the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) Haneef (Islamic Monotheism — to worship none but Allaah) and he was not of the Mushrikoon (polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers).
[al-Nahl 16:123]

“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad ) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and pass over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allaah a light (Prophet Muhammad  ) and a plain Book (this Qur’aan).
Wherewith Allaah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to the Straight Way (Islamic Monotheism).”
[al-Maa’idah 5:15-16]

Thank you very much for your reply.  Interesting
This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 02:51 AM by clfr.
The following 1 user Likes clfr's post:
  • DesertRose1

09-04-2016, 03:20 AM #6
The Creeper
Chaplain
Floss, floss, floss Rolleyes

Al-Ali (The Most High, in Arabic) is one of the 99 beautiful names of Allah.

Google Al-Husna and read the translations, do they not describe the attributes of The God?

I also like this Surah, Al-Ikhlas 112 Smile

Bismil-laahirr-Ramaanir-Raheem
In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Qul, Huwal-laahu 'Ahad
Say "He is Allah, (the) One.

Allahus-Samad
[Allah - the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)] Allah, The Eternal.

Lam yalid wa lam yoolad
He begets not, nor was He begotten.

Walam yakul-lahoo kufuwan 'ahad
And there is none coequal or comparable to Him"

God is The Creator (Al-Khaliq) of everything that exists isn't He? Are we talking about the same being?
This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 04:23 AM by The Creeper. Edit Reason: 2 questions I had to ask

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 5 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • khadeejah, Alex, DesertRose1, Tarikko, Nami

09-04-2016, 04:24 AM #7
clfr
Squire
I Googled Al-Husna it's a nice list of names. I came across the 14 infallibles on the same website. What weight does a Muslim give to them are they guide lines, just sayings or principles that you need/should live by.... edit maybe I should just google them and I just did. God Bless
This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 04:44 AM by clfr.
The following 3 users Like clfr's post:
  • DesertRose1, Tarikko, The Creeper

09-04-2016, 04:59 AM #8
The Creeper
Chaplain
(09-04-2016, 04:24 AM)clfr Wrote:  I Googled Al-Husna it's a nice list of names. I came across the 14 infallibles on the same website. What weight does a Muslim give to them are they guide lines, just sayings or principles that you need/should live by.

I think that is more of a Shia thing, but I hate getting into the whole sects business...

Personally I don't believe that any human being is infallible.

The Qur'an tells us that breaking into sects is bad news and the Sunni/Shia split happened not long after the Prophet died (pbuh). His last words, on his deathbed, were reportedly "my Ummah, my Ummah...". The Ummah is the community of believers.

Allah (swt) tells off Mohammad (as) himself a couple of times in the Qur'an, the one in particular that springs to my mind is in Surah 18 Al-Kahf 23-24 when he forgot to say "insha'allah (God willing)" when he said he would bring another Surah tomorrow to pass the test of the Jews at Yathrib (now called Medina). Muslims are encouraged to read that Surah every Friday.

Allahu A'lam (God knows best). I hope I have explained that well. I'm not saying that you should disregard everything someone considered righteous says and does, you can still take whatever good examples from them that you can and apply them to your own life. We all have our own perspectives which colours our own personalities and we are all trying the best we can, but nobody is perfect.
This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 04:59 AM by The Creeper.

The following 2 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • DesertRose1, Tarikko

09-04-2016, 05:16 AM #9
clfr
Squire
Thanks. I would say we each have own paths. Personally I prefer an individual walk with the beauty that individuals bring but there seems a push for a one world religion with groups coming together that I would not have expected. I wondered how some of the pope titles might go down with others groups that I have not have much contact with. Side track myself with the infallibles but I will glance over them. LOL

Thanks again.
The following 1 user Likes clfr's post:
  • The Creeper

09-05-2016, 05:49 PM #10
aspiringsoul
Justiciar
In Arabic the word for Lord is Rabb. In English the word Lord can be applied to both God and men.
In hebrew there are seperate terms Adonai and Adoni to distinguish between God and men.
In Psalm 110, the messiah who David AS acknowledged as 'my lord' is Adoni, not Adonai. Yet ive seen many christian say 'Jesus is LORD' without the context understood.

Some people came to Prophet Mohammad SAW and they reffered to his as 'rabb' (ie lord). The Prophet SAW rejected this title beause he knew it is possible people may later commit shirk (polythiesm) by worshiping him.
They then called him Sayyid (master) and he accepted this.

So long story short muslims are comfortable referring to our superiors/leaders as Sayyid...though this is also the name for people.

The other topic in islam is that we consider the idea that a man can forgive your sins for you, as shirk. Only God can forgive sins, men can only maybe...just maybe...intercede on your behalf but God will only accept intercession from people who are truely good. There's no guarantee some man in the right title and robe, can truely have your sins forgiven for you.

With that said, 'His Holy Father' should not be used by christians anyway because God is The Father.....
The following 3 users Like aspiringsoul's post:
  • clfr, The Creeper, DesertRose1