#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Vent About Your Problems

08-25-2016, 01:08 AM #1
BaronAmity
Marshall
My name is BaronAmity and I want to talk about my problems. Some of you are Chuck Norris and Mr. T- like and you are manly men who strictly communicate through grunting and eat barbedwire for breakfast. I congratulate you for existing and that's cool but I wanna complain about stuff.

Talk about your problems here if you want to.

I'm a Virgo and I keep attracting Aquariuses. I think Aquariuses are interesting but I think they're crazy. Also their ways of thinking tend to terrify me.
This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 01:09 AM by BaronAmity.
The following 6 users Like BaronAmity's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Alice, AndrianaStark, Trenton, MaryJane

09-03-2016, 03:38 PM #2
DesertRose1
Chaplain
Ha ha barbedwire image is funny.
I don't believe in astrology but the personality theories like mbti and socionics are cool.

So I am re-posting this thought here cause this will be the better thread for it:

My friend left to Doha,....... 2 weeks ago, we used to spend Eid day together and next week its Eid therefore I will miss her again some more............. Sad
Apparently, they are hiring lots of people because of World Cup 2022.

Here is a vid on Qatar:

This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 03:43 PM by DesertRose1.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 5 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Trenton, BaronAmity, AndrianaStark

09-08-2016, 01:44 PM #3
AndrianaStark
Marshall
I love venting.

My husband is struggling with the lifestyle here in the US. He has only been here 2 years and is from Iraq. He comes home stressed and angry and can't even hold a normal conversation with me. I am afraid that I am losing him. I fear that he will just buy a one way ticket back to his country. And lord knows what'll happen after that. I understand him though cause it is tough losing your business, your jobs, your family and friends and everything you know. I am all he has here... I get it. However, he is pushing the wrong person away. And I've been nothing but good to him.... 

Sigh

09-08-2016, 02:22 PM #4
~JC~
Peasant
My big problem right now is that I can't post a friggin article or two because I'm a "peasant" with less than ten posts.  Wth. I can't have a life and have to drone on this friggin forum all day or else I'm considered less than able to share good pieces of information with you nice folks??

REALLY irritating... (no offense to anyone of you super posters Smile

~JC~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

09-08-2016, 03:22 PM #5
DesertRose1
Chaplain
Sister Adriana can he travel....I always think that travel helps everyone  and it sure takes time to adjust......
Travel works for us but I understand it may not be possible for everyone......due to legal or financial issues.

BTW update we have a breakfast with a family related to my friend so we are spending Eid with other families again Big Grin
I was concerned because my hubby is away for Eid......Sad
This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 03:28 PM by DesertRose1.

“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
The following 7 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • AndrianaStark, The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko, BaronAmity, Trenton

09-08-2016, 03:50 PM #6
Ambuler
Marshall
I worry that my social anxiety will keep my daughter from being able to make and keep friends.

I enroll her in activities in our city, and she gets out and does stuff.  It just sucks that I have to also be willing to 'make friends' with the other parents there if I want my kid to get out there and play with other kids (i.e. playdates, having them over for a bit or us going over to someone's house, etc.)  She's only 3, so it's not like I can just open the door and say "Go outside and make friends."

I did finally make a playdate for tomorrow morning so her friend from tumbling class and her mom can come over for an hour or so.  However, it took me almost a month to do it.   Undecided

And I'm kind of freaking out.  I never have people over other than my husband's parents and occasionally his employees have to come by to pick up stuff.  But yeah, that's about it...

Social anxiety blows.

Thank you for letting me share  Tongue

09-08-2016, 08:29 PM #7
DesertRose1
Chaplain
It is hard sorting play dates out for kid's I empathize...... : Big Grin

The following 6 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, khadeejah, Ambuler, BaronAmity

09-08-2016, 10:45 PM #8
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Not my problem, but one I am trying to help out with.

My friend lives with her disabled mother. She recently broke her last pair of contacts. Living paycheck to paycheck, its hard to just go drop money on new contacts.

So, she tried to go to work without said contacts, and got sent home because her lack of vision impaired her working ability.

Now she is broke, jobless, and sightless all due to a fluke accident with shitty contacts.

Im not sure if many of you have lived in or been low income, but that is the reality of the situation for people who don't have help from family and are too poor to have money just lying around to fix unforeseen problems.
The following 4 users Like FlixKandish's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Loki

09-09-2016, 09:13 AM #9
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(09-08-2016, 10:45 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  Im not sure if many of you have lived in or been low income, but that is the reality of the situation for people who don't have help from family and are too poor to have money just lying around to fix unforeseen problems.

Families don't really live together anymore. Everyone has to have their own home, their own car, their own pet, and etc. It's every child, mom, dad, and etc. for themselves. Do you want to indulge in what this society has to offer? Well, guess what people got exactly that.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Al Mualim, DesertRose1

09-09-2016, 11:46 AM #10
AndrianaStark
Marshall
(09-08-2016, 03:22 PM)DesertRose1 Wrote:  Sister Adriana can he travel....I always think that travel helps everyone  and it sure takes time to adjust......
Travel works for us but I understand it may not be possible for everyone......due to legal or financial issues.

BTW update we have a breakfast with a family related to my friend so we are spending Eid with other families again Big Grin
I was concerned because my hubby is away for Eid......Sad

I am trying to work that out. He will not be happy until he sees his family. He can't visit Iraq directly because he is a refugee and he is not a US Citizen yet, but I am trying to send him to Turkey so he can meet his family there. The stress is SO REAL. 

I hope you have a wonderful Eid!!! I wish we could celebrate but with his family not here and no one around us, it is hard to have that traditional Eid spirit. 

Alhamdullilah because things could be so much worse. In'sha'Allah things will get better soon for us.
The following 4 users Like AndrianaStark's post:
  • The Creeper, slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, DesertRose1