#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Really? Burkinis banned from French Beach

08-14-2016, 03:58 PM #1
The Zone
Marshall
I find this as being a very odd ban. Just curious, but do Muslims here expect women to wear these .. I am asking because I do not know. Again, I find it odd to ban any outfit one wants to wear and think Cannes is inviting trouble.

The following 1 user Likes The Zone's post:
  • slave_of_God

08-14-2016, 04:47 PM #2
Alex
Chaplain
(08-14-2016, 03:58 PM)The Zone Wrote:  I find this as being a very odd ban.  Just curious, but do Muslims here expect women to wear these .. I am asking because I do not know.  Again, I find it odd to ban any outfit one wants to wear and think Cannes is inviting trouble.
They have banned hijabs in france to my knowledge which is nothing more then a hair covering.  Also girls with ankle length dresses seem to be frowned on. Least this student was suspended over it.

I don't have an opinion on the burkini other then a woman should be covered in public. You don't need to look past the fact that woman are seen as meat today in all social circles. Rape statistics aside, woman want to be seen as more then sexual objects, yet they wear less clothes today then "working girls" a few decades ago.

The burkini lets a woman enjoy the water and keep her modesty so where is the harm?  What one needs to ask is WHY they are banning them. 

There is an Islamic prophecy that says in the last days hanging on to ones religion will be like one who holds on to a hot coal.  While the dress code is on the lighter side, even looking like a Muslim is becoming worthy of ridicule on the world stage for a Muslim today.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 9 users Like Alex's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Delta Blues, Nami, AndrianaStark, The Creeper, Al Mualim, Sunflower, Tarikko

08-14-2016, 06:58 PM #3
Sunflower
Marshall
I wear this in the pool and at the beach. Noone "forced" me to wear it. It is more comfortable than the "standard" tankini I used to wear. I also don't have to slather toxic sunscreen lotion on my body.

Ironically, I got more stares than the naked ladies around me  Tongue

I seek refuge with Allah's perfect words from the evil of His creations.
The following 8 users Like Sunflower's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Delta Blues, Nami, 24theking, The Creeper, Alex, Tarikko

08-14-2016, 08:11 PM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
(08-14-2016, 06:58 PM)Sunflower Wrote:  I wear this in the pool and at the beach. Noone "forced" me to wear it. It is more comfortable than the "standard" tankini I used to wear. I also don't have to slather toxic sunscreen lotion on my body.

Ironically, I got more stares than the naked ladies around me  Tongue

Maybe that's because people are wondering why you would wear so much in the water?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 3 users Like Lisa's post:
  • slave_of_God, DirectAction, justjess

08-14-2016, 10:03 PM #5
mrgrimm
Marshall
Yea it's kind of natural to strip down a bit when getting into water. I respect those that want to remain private and modest though. Either way doesn't really bother me.

If anything, the "normal" swimwear consisting of bikinis would be a more reasonable ban IMO. Kind of revealing and borderline public indecency lol.
The following 8 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Delta Blues, Nami, The Creeper, Tarikko, peony, MoroccanEyes

08-15-2016, 04:05 AM #6
Starks
Squire
What a garbage reason.
The following 5 users Like Starks's post:
  • slave_of_God, Nami, The Creeper, Alex, Tarikko

08-15-2016, 04:29 AM #7
MoroccanEyes
Marshall
With there being A large Muslim community in France it also means you can conduct psychological restrictions on individuals to eventually make them forget their Islamic guidance of being modest. They pretty much banned a wet suit with a hood on. Absolutely ridiculous, but not surprising. Eventually their goal is to turn Islam into what mainstream Christianity is today. Drunk off of our heads, perverted, and just that one day of the week you contemplate your lord Jesus on the Sunday, then repeat.

Faith is a rebel I can show you the Devil. 

Proud to come from both A Christian & Muslim background. Unity is a Must. Imagine what Jesus (pbuh) Muhammed (pbuh) would think about our petty ''differences''.G-D is source.

Resistance Axis: Russia, Iran, China, Syria, Hezbollah, Palestine, Venezuela, Bolivia, Yemen. The only nations that can put down the zionist beast - The list gets shorter, but the resistance gets stronger. 
The following 6 users Like MoroccanEyes's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Nami, The Creeper, Alex, Tarikko

08-15-2016, 09:23 AM #8
Kung Fu
Chaplain
France so free, so democratic, so revolutionary that is unless you decide to stay modest and not whore yourself out.

Like I keep telling people there is no such thing as equality in Europe no matter how you try to spin it. Ban people on what they wear, go into other countries and bomb them to smithereens, humiliate them and then wonder why people attack them.

Human beings are something of the dumbest things around. Animals behave more logically than humans ever will.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 5 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Nami, The Creeper, Tarikko

08-15-2016, 09:37 AM #9
Al Mualim
Knight
Not a fan of the ban. However *Controversial* At least I appreciate that France is very blunt and straightforward on their views on Islam. At least Muslims can see without opening their eyes what the hate is like. Maybe it's bias, hatred, bigotry. Allah knows best. (Disclaimer: I recognise the views of the government, officials or groups don't represent the whole country.)

(08-15-2016, 09:23 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  France so free, so democratic, so revolutionary that is unless you decide to stay modest and not whore yourself out.

Like I keep telling people there is no such thing as equality in Europe no matter how you try to spin it. Ban people on what they wear, go into other countries and bomb them to smithereens, humiliate them and then wonder why people attack them.

Human beings are something of the dumbest things around. Animals behave more logically than humans ever will.

Is Canada any better?  Huh  (Just curious) Don't Judo chop me  Tongue

Are you fulfilling the rights of your Lord, body, family and place of work?
Peace be upon you! 
The following 5 users Like Al Mualim's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, MoroccanEyes, Tarikko

08-15-2016, 09:41 AM #10
Todd
Chaplain
On a related subject it's ridiculous how little "clothing" the athletes wear in some of the female Olympic events.  Competitive swimming seems to be one of the few female events that has moved to more coverage with the full 3/4 length body suits.  Beach volleyball on the other hand is leaving little to the imagination these days along with the track athletes.  Really sad...

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 8 users Like Todd's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Delta Blues, Nami, The Creeper, Alex, Kung Fu, Tarikko