#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Suicide Squad

08-12-2016, 06:56 PM #1
icexplorer
Squire
I just watched the movie. When I got out of the theater, it felt like I was walking out of a satanic ritual. Seriously, does anybody else had the same impression ? Some scenes scared the shit out of me. Not to mention the mk-ultra references with harley quinn.
The following 4 users Like icexplorer's post:
  • AliseCleaver, Tarikko, TonyVanDam, EliasP

08-12-2016, 07:12 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
(08-12-2016, 06:56 PM)icexplorer Wrote:  I just watched the movie. When I got out of the theater, it felt like I was walking out of a satanic ritual. Seriously, does anybody else had the same impression ? Some scenes scared the shit out of me. Not to mention the mk-ultra references with harley quinn.

Can I ask why you went in the first place?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • FlixKandish

08-12-2016, 09:33 PM #3
EliasP
Justiciar
(08-12-2016, 06:56 PM)icexplorer Wrote:  I just watched the movie. When I got out of the theater, it felt like I was walking out of a satanic ritual. Seriously, does anybody else had the same impression ? Some scenes scared the shit out of me. Not to mention the mk-ultra references with harley quinn.
Thank you for taking the risk for us. Smile Can you tell us the specifics?
The following 1 user Likes EliasP's post:
  • Tarikko

08-13-2016, 04:29 AM #4
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Great fuckin movie. I dont like most comic based movies but this one was fun.
The following 1 user Likes FlixKandish's post:
  • BaronAmity

08-14-2016, 07:20 PM #5
icexplorer
Squire
(08-12-2016, 07:12 PM)Lisa Wrote:  Can I ask why you went in the first place?

The story looked pretty cool, and I usually don't watch any trailers before a movie as I want to be surprised... By the way, as I said this was my feeling and maybe I'm wrong, who knows  Angel

As for the specifics, here are some elements (warning, spoilers ahead) :
- Harley Quinn was a doctor brainwashed by the Joker (with electroshocks) and later fell in love with him (seems like a slave-handler situation)
- The Enchantress, the bad guy of the movie : it's basically a sorceress, or more precisely an evil spirit, who possess people's body. In the movie she possess an archelogist. People of the government think they can control her, because they have her heart (literally). Every time she tries to escape they hit her heart (voodoo staff ?). Anyway, she manages to get her heart back, and she decides to become the new goddess of earth by building something (she's killed before we can see what exactly), because now people are worshipping "machines" and not her. All the way she seems to perform satanic rituals to accomplish that, along with her brother helping her (who possess people too).
- There's also a "devil" in the team, who's actually a good guy because he helps to defeat her. He also transforms to some kind of fire entity, speaking the same ancient dialect as the Enchantress.

Well, the movie is not that bad if you don't pay attention to those details, but in my opinion it's another movie trying to make us confortable with satanic symbols...
The following 2 users Like icexplorer's post:
  • Tarikko, EliasP

08-14-2016, 08:09 PM #6
Lisa
Chaplain
(08-14-2016, 07:20 PM)icexplorer Wrote:  

The story looked pretty cool, and I usually don't watch any trailers before a movie as I want to be surprised... By the way, as I said this was my feeling and maybe I'm wrong, who knows  Angel

- Harley Quinn was a doctor brainwashed by the Joker (with electroshocks) and later fell in love with him (seems like a slave-handler situation)
- The Enchantress, the bad guy of the movie : it's basically a sorceress, or more precisely an evil spirit, who possess people's body. In the movie she possess an archelogist. People of the government think they can control her, because they have her heart (literally). Every time she tries to escape they hit her heart (voodoo staff ?). Anyway, she manages to get her heart back, and she decides to become the new goddess of earth by building something (she's killed before we can see what exactly), because now people are worshipping "machines" and not her. All the way she seems to perform satanic rituals to accomplish that, along with her brother helping her (who possess people too).
- There's also a "devil" in the team, who's actually a good guy because he helps to defeat her. He also transforms to some kind of fire entity, speaking the same ancient dialect as the Enchantress.

Well, the movie is not that bad if you don't pay attention to those details, but in my opinion it's another movie trying to make us confortable with satanic symbols...

Thanks for replying. I saw the trailer and it looked like a bad movie to me, but I know that my tastes are different than a lot of people. 

I agree with your opinion. But I'll go even a little further, it's making lawlessness look cool and encouraging people to act lawlessly.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

08-14-2016, 11:20 PM #7
TonyVanDam
Justiciar

I've just returned from my local cinema after watching Suicide Squad today. Speaking as a comic book geek, I liked that film a lot better than Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice, hands down.

However, every scene involving The Enchantress and her brother has "the dark side of occult science" written all over it. I would need to watch Suicide Squad on DVD a few more time just so I can decoded the whole thing on my own. I'm just about certain that Vigilant/VC is going to have a field day with this film.
The following 3 users Like TonyVanDam's post:
  • AliseCleaver, Tarikko, EliasP

08-14-2016, 11:30 PM #8
TonyVanDam
Justiciar

THAT^ comment by The Enchantress bothered me the most because in our reality, it is a fact. Some people are worshiping machines as part of the pathway to accepting transhumanism [or the "borg agenda" as Lenon Honor would say].

BTW, how many children, teens, and even young adults are playing Pokemon Go! on their smartphones in the year 2016?
The following 2 users Like TonyVanDam's post:
  • Tarikko, EliasP

08-15-2016, 05:30 AM #9
Al Mualim
Knight
Glamourises: abusive relationships, criminality, satanic rituals/possession and government control.  Dodgy

Are you fulfilling the rights of your Lord, body, family and place of work?
Peace be upon you! 
The following 3 users Like Al Mualim's post:
  • AliseCleaver, Vixy, Tarikko

08-15-2016, 08:31 AM #10
Lisa
Chaplain
(08-14-2016, 11:30 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  

THAT^ comment by The Enchantress bothered me the most because in our reality, it is a fact. Some people are worshiping machines as part of the pathway to accepting transhumanism [or the "borg agenda" as Lenon Honor would say].

BTW, how many children, teens, and even young adults are playing Pokemon Go! on their smartphones in the year 2016?

At least Pokemon got the kids out of the house... Kids riding bikes and in groups walking around outside where they once were hold up inside. Pretty good pro. 

I personally think transhumanism is a media project and real people aren't really all that into it. Could be wrong but that's what I think anyway.

The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • FlixKandish