#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Hand of Fatima

08-09-2016, 05:18 PM #1
Renegade
Marshall
I was reading a blog by a Lebanese guy and he mentioned a talisman his grandmother wore for protection from  curses....

Strange symbolism....

Quote: Hamsa Hand - The Hand of Fatima in Islamic Religiıon and Culture
FATIMA’S HAND
Hamsa is the hand of Prophet Muhammad's daughter Fatima. It is the symbol of patience, loyalty, faith and resistance against difficulties. According to common belief, it tells of the Fatima's struggle for dignity and her tough life. Thereby, purity, goodness and truth are blessed.
For centuries, Fatima’s Hand has been a powerful talisman for good luck and one of the most popular amulets in the world of Islam for protection. It is hung on the walls of the house as engraving in silver or gold or it is painted in red. It is believed that a house protected by the Hand of Fatima will not catch fire.
In Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia, ornaments of Fatima’s hand have the same meaning as evil eyes. In these countries, the miracle of the hand is given a great deal of importance.

Seems there is a jewish version too...

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. 
If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them;
If I find them too obnoxious, I break them. 
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for 
everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein
The following 1 user Likes Renegade's post:
  • colson

08-09-2016, 05:30 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
Does that have anything to do with the Lady of Fatima?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

08-09-2016, 05:39 PM #3
Renegade
Marshall
(08-09-2016, 05:30 PM)Lisa Wrote:  Does that have anything to do with the Lady of Fatima?

Dont know... There is not much info in English out there.... I did read "marionette" Christians in Lebanon also wear this...
But it seems to predate both Christianity and Islam...

everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein
The following 2 users Like Renegade's post:
  • The Creeper, DesertRose1

08-09-2016, 05:54 PM #4
DesertRose1
Chaplain
Islamic ruling on amulets, talismans, charms to ward of the evil eye has commited shirk:

In terms of sharee’ah or Islamic terminology, shirk means ascribing a partner or rival to Allaah in Lordship (ruboobiyyah), worship or in His names and attributes. 
A rival is a peer or counterpart. Hence Allaah forbids setting up rivals with Him and he condemns those who take them (rivals) as gods instead of  or besides Allaah in many verses of the Qur’aan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 
“Then do not set up rivals unto Allaah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped)”
[al-Baqarah 2:22] 
“And they set up rivals to Allaah, to mislead (men) from His path! Say: ‘Enjoy (your brief life)! But certainly, your destination is the (Hell) Fire!’”
[Ibraaheem 14:30] 
In the hadeeth it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies claiming that Allaah has a rival, will enter Hell.”
Video :
dr bilal philips explaines shirk taweez ,amulets , charms ,shirk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pRM3ZlRAzE

(08-09-2016, 05:39 PM)Renegade Wrote:  
(08-09-2016, 05:30 PM)Lisa Wrote:  Does that have anything to do with the Lady of Fatima?

Dont know... There is not much info in English out there.... I did read "marionette" Christians in Lebanon also wear this...

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 6 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • The Creeper, Serendipity, Al Mualim, Alex, Kung Fu, Tarikko

08-09-2016, 05:57 PM #5
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Why are all your hand images upside down, renegade?

08-09-2016, 06:00 PM #6
Renegade
Marshall
(08-09-2016, 05:57 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  Why are all your hand images upside down, renegade?

They are not for me...

everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein

08-09-2016, 06:05 PM #7
Renegade
Marshall
(08-09-2016, 05:54 PM)DesertRose1 Wrote:  Islamic ruling on amulets, talismans, charms to ward of the evil eye has commited shirk:

In terms of sharee’ah or Islamic terminology, shirk means ascribing a partner or rival to Allaah in Lordship (ruboobiyyah), worship or in His names and attributes. 
A rival is a peer or counterpart. Hence Allaah forbids setting up rivals with Him and he condemns those who take them (rivals) as gods instead of  or besides Allaah in many verses of the Qur’aan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 
“Then do not set up rivals unto Allaah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped)”
[al-Baqarah 2:22] 
“And they set up rivals to Allaah, to mislead (men) from His path! Say: ‘Enjoy (your brief life)! But certainly, your destination is the (Hell) Fire!’”
[Ibraaheem 14:30] 
In the hadeeth it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies claiming that Allaah has a rival, will enter Hell.”
Video :
dr bilal philips explaines shirk taweez ,amulets , charms ,shirk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pRM3ZlRAzE

(08-09-2016, 05:39 PM)Renegade Wrote:  

That maybe Desert.... but use of this seems widespread in the middle east... In all 3 faith groups....

everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein

08-09-2016, 06:10 PM #8
celle76
Justiciar
Sadly muslims are victims of talismans. I think I remember my wife asking about this same image, which was oddly also from a lebanese couple or woman (I can't really remember). But I do recognize the image so it is possible that this cultural tradition. There is also a female at the gym who uses the same symbol. She is a pilates instructor. It is common in yoga circles.
The following 5 users Like celle76's post:
  • The Creeper, Al Mualim, Floss, DesertRose1, Tarikko

08-09-2016, 06:15 PM #9
Renegade
Marshall
(08-09-2016, 06:10 PM)celle76 Wrote:  Sadly muslims are victims of talismans. I think I remember my wife asking about this same image, which was oddly also from a lebanese couple or woman (I can't really remember). But I do recognize the image so it is possible that this cultural tradition. There is also a female at the gym who uses the same symbol. She is a pilates instructor. It is common in yoga circles.

I had never seen this before today...

I just went waaaaaaatf.....

everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein

08-09-2016, 10:08 PM #10
Alex
Chaplain
(08-09-2016, 06:10 PM)celle76 Wrote:  Sadly muslims are victims of talismans. I think I remember my wife asking about this same image, which was oddly also from a lebanese couple or woman (I can't really remember). But I do recognize the image so it is possible that this cultural tradition. There is also a female at the gym who uses the same symbol. She is a pilates instructor. It is common in yoga circles.

Talismans, taweez, any and all objects one relies on for protection removes him from the folds of Islam. As Desert has pointed out, its shirk. Assigning partners with the Almighty.

You have this garbage due to ignorance of Muslims who don't know the teachings. Infiltration is a cause of it as well, such as those magicians who claim to be sheikhs, mullahs, rakis even. Then go on to practice sehr.

The eye of providence is a dajjalic symbol. Any educated Muslim knows this. There is nothing Islamic about it.

Yoga also has ties with astral projection. I would not be surprised to find out your instructor communicates with the 4th dimension, which woudl explain her amulet. The jinn deceive her into wearing it.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 4 users Like Alex's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko, Floss, DesertRose1