#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Muslims are NOT Moderate: Western Muslims Admit the Truth

07-31-2016, 08:28 PM #1
blue forest

What is your view on this controversial subject (having watched the video)?
This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 09:49 PM by blue forest.

07-31-2016, 09:35 PM #2
Error occured and vid cant be seen?

07-31-2016, 09:50 PM #3
blue forest
It's working for me now. Can you view it?

07-31-2016, 11:12 PM #4
Yep working now!
The following 1 user Likes mrgrimm's post:
  • blue forest

07-31-2016, 11:31 PM #5
Muslims just try to get done what they believe is the will of God. They take religion more serious than most and while I commend them for being focused and determined in their way, it's also frustrating to think that many muslims will take the teachings of Islam and the Quran at 100% truth and sometimes may not venture into open mindedness towards another possible way that may have truth as well.

Muslims in general though seem to be keen and aware of the evil influences that society (friends and family included) can affect us with. It is a pro-active religion that seeks to live a life by avoiding the vices, rather than indulging in the vices and then suffering the consequences later. No one is perfect though and many muslims still lie, cheat, steal, etc...just the way of the human.

Ultimately we will all be held accountable either in this life, the next, or both, and muslims seek forgiveness and mercy, and hope for a chance to redeem themselves if they slip up. That is one reason why I have a hard time accepting some of the old school punishments that Sharia law may impose.But I'm no expert on Sharia law, and I'm sure there are stipulations that can hopefully be elaborated on by well-versed muslims here on the board.
The following 4 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Al Mualim, The Creeper, DesertRose1, Tarikko

07-31-2016, 11:40 PM #6
Hello Blue Forest,

First of all, there is no such thing as radical Muslim, Sunni normal Muslim, etc.

I have always said this and will say it again, these videos and the media chooses specific questions that pinpoints 1% of the religion. It is not fair to focus on that 1% and make it the center of the religion. What do people know about Islam other than the punishments that are only mentioned in verses that can be counted on the fingers of one hand. 

You will be surprised to learn that this view of a punishing strict religion is all false. It is portrayed through this video and the questions that are being asked and through the mainstream media that to be a Muslim then you have to agree that men and woman should sit separately, that the punishments should be executed, and etc. However, prophet Muhammed always has forgiven and refused to execute punishments on anyone and urged people to repent and that can be clearly seen in his sayings and narrations. Does this look similar to anything you have been taught about Islam? I don't think so.

The questions asked do not reflect the religion itself. There is a wrong understanding of what is the definition of religion in general and these questions being asked and focused on over and over in the media and in this video is only a reflection of this wrong understanding. Religion is not all about punishments and dos and don'ts. It is enough to see that the first verse descended to the prophet was not fight. It was not pray. It was not punish. It was read. This book came for guidance and a mercy for the people. The first thing that the creator wants from you is to read this book and acquire knowledge. Knowledge of the signs that he left for people to know him. Knowledge of the sun the moon, the plants, the rain, who are you and who your creator is, and what is this life all about. The first verse descended was "read" because the creator knows that this book contains your entire life inside it. The Quran mentions many verses describing itself. The Quran is described as a book of guidance and mercy. It is clear that the book pertains to your life. Do you think your life revolves around punishments? As mentioned before, the punishments are very few verses in the Quran. These are just thoughts from my head to make things more clear.

And We had certainly brought them a Book which We detailed by knowledge - as guidance and mercy to a people who believe. (7:52)

And We have not revealed to you the Book, [O Muhammad], except for you to make clear to them that wherein they have differed and as guidance and mercy for a people who believe. (16:64)

Indeed, this Qur'an guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward. (17:9)

And before it was the scripture of Moses to lead and as a mercy. And this is a confirming Book in an Arabic tongue to warn those who have wronged and as good tidings to the doers of good. (46:12)

This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 11:43 PM by Armass.
The following 3 users Like Armass's post:
  • The Creeper, DesertRose1, Tarikko

08-01-2016, 03:29 AM #7
The clip is quite strange without a context and without an explanation.
The brother discusses the fact that Muslims are being imposed upon for their beliefs and are being labelled by those with an agenda to discredit the faith:
See this Video for more on this:

Yes we sit separately from the brothers, this is our choice so that free mixing is kept minimal to keep within the virtue of modesty and to help sex stay within the marital bond.(Brother mrgrimm has written about this as well," It is a pro-active religion that seeks to live a life by avoiding the vices, rather than indulging in the vices and then suffering the consequences later."

Islamic punishments have worked for thousands of years with minimal punishments for many of them because they worked in the Caliphates as an effective deterrent. However these states are no longer in operation.
In for example America justice is messed up and the criminals of all stripes are growing because there is no proper redress for wrongs. The justice system does not work and the criminals come out of prison with a PHD in crime.

What I want to know is who is making this value judgement that we are not moderate?
Are we free only to be like you?

How boring to live in a world were the people are only free to be like you! Very undemocratic. Wink
You yourself are different from your grandmother. Which culture are we free to have yours or your grandmothers?

Moderation? In the west we have swung from the Victorian uptight morality to the free immorality of this day and age is that moderate?

Why is your umbrella so small, why is it that you are only non judgemental when it comes to immorality.
Perhaps you should travel the world and let your country men/women and others around the world  live how they see fit.

I buy Maple syrup from Mennonites when I visit my family.I respect that they are different from other Christians and from Muslims and so on and so forth.
Live and let live......
This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 03:46 AM by DesertRose1.

"Its better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."
“O people, spread peace (extend greetings), feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 1334 (Sahih)]
The following 4 users Like DesertRose1's post:
  • The Creeper, Alex, Tarikko, Nami