#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Selena Gomez's recent comments

07-31-2016, 11:48 AM #1
First things first I just wanted to say I am not a Selena Gomez fan by any means and I didn't even like her that much when I was big into most of the Disney stars... Both her acting and singing is hugely overrated. She's just an ok actress and barely a singer (she's especially terrible live). Her music relies on the production and her image above all else which is sadly why it's so successful.

Anyway a few days ago I just came  some of the things she's said and done recently that made me wonder... Is she talking about the elites in the industry controlling her career? Is she talking about her programming? We've seen her take the "good girl gone bad" route like Miley... Wholesome Disney star turned loose, "sexy", explicit etc. We've seen some of the creepy sexualized childlike photo shoots in VC Photos of the Month... Maybe she's getting tired of being forced to do these things?

Anyway, here's the article (that instagram post is now deleted, hmm):

Quote:"Tonight I felt extremely unauthentic, unconnected to both my myself and my music. I've never really felt like my materials, wardrobe or a video could define me. I act on a moment and fear something that hasn't happened. I'm stagnant, I stay still and don't just sit with myself first and ask, 'Is this where I am, whole heartedly?' I've always told the truth. I'm always true to my word, I've shown who I am but I need to rethink some areas of my life creatively and personally. Had to get that out."

Also, within the next few days she showed up on stage all covered up in black with a new haircut. Is this rebelling or is this something planned? Is this the beginning of a "breakdown" for trying to break away?

This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 11:56 AM by JayGirl.
The following 1 user Likes JayGirl's post:
  • The Zone

08-05-2016, 07:31 AM #2
I have also watched this video and I have the same thoughts for this actress/singer.
The following 1 user Likes YeseniaGibson's post:
  • JayGirl