#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Republicans and Democrats

07-28-2016, 09:29 PM #1
What are they? My family once upon a time (pre 1930) were Republicans. And proud to be so. People i am proud of today.

But now a days i have no idea why my family is democratic. I dont know what the differences between the parties actually are. Because in school we just learned donkeys and elephants.

So ofc like an average consumer of the internet i did a query. I got this bullshit.

All biased scare terms. Wtf lol

So ive seen some people mention theres truly no difference in the parties. But just their approach to office or social relations. But that they both suck when they get in office.

What happened to the old days? What were republicans and democrats back in the day, and what are they now?

My great great grandfather was a republican. He chose the party because of a distaste for slavery in his area he grew up in. He accoplished a great many things for the town he moved to. Head od school board, charity, a sense of inclusion and community.

Now when someone hears "Republican" they think zealots with a bible in one hand and a gun in the other.

When people hear democrats, they think liberal hippy with social justice warrior mentality.

I see a bunch of people pulling hard with black and white views and an eye for money. 

Nothing at all what my grandfather stood for 100 years ago.

The most high exalting and I ain't halting 'til I die of exhaustion and inhale my exhaust fumes.
The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • The Creeper, Kung Fu

07-28-2016, 09:57 PM #2
The original intent and meaning of the party names is pretty much long gone and forgotten.  

In the strictest sense republic means rule by law and democracy means rule by majority.  If you go by that then the republican party should theoretically be focused and have emphasis on preserving the basis of the law that the government was founded on.  In the United States that would be the constitution.  Since the constitution was written with the original intent of the federal government having very limited powers and the state governments having more power, then a republican should theoretically be about smaller federal government and letting the individual states have more power in governing.

A democratic on the other hand is theoretically more interested in the idea of the government representing the will of the majority, hence the stereotypical liberal social justice stigma.   Instead of policy being based on a principle of law, policy is based on the will of the majority.  The only thing "democratic" about our federal government is the process by which we choose our politicians, even though that system is really rigged to lead the masses to think they are choosing their leaders.  When is the last time you as a citizen got to vote on any decision or policy coming out of Washington D.C.?
This post was last modified: 07-28-2016, 09:58 PM by Todd.

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 7 users Like Todd's post:
  • The Creeper, MaryJane, CrazyKenley, Kung Fu, Tarikko, damien50, Trenton

08-03-2016, 01:18 PM #3
It has been said that the two parties are two heads of the same coin-and I agree.

Here is something that I recently came across regarding the lineage of the presidents in the U.S. 
This article discusses the 2008 and 2012 candidates, but is pretty current yet today. It reads like a fairy tale at times due to the mystical terms sometimes used, but I advise to have a Bible nearby to source as you read this analysis. 
If true, the details in this article disclose an evil agenda that fits right in with Biblical prophecies that are as current as "today's news" and explain why it does not matter which political side wins an election-because they really are two sides of the same coin.

With the presidential election proceeding as planned, the United States is as polarized as ever and, once again, many conservative Christians are under the false impression that it matters who is elected in November.  This report is an effort to demonstrate in practical terms that, at this point, it makes no difference who wins the presidential election. Fears about a Bush-Clinton dynasty which could rule the United States for 28 years, or more, become even more unsettling with the discovery that all of the presidential candidates belong to the same dynasty. It is called the Merovingian dynasty and it claims to have a long history, being nearly has ancient as the human race. The good news is that God destroyed this evil dynasty once before, in the Great Flood (Gen. 7), and He is about to do it again (Rev. 19).
This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 01:24 PM by Lady.

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3

08-03-2016, 05:45 PM #4
Artful Revealer
(07-28-2016, 09:29 PM)Trenton Wrote:  Republicans and Democrats. What are they?
Israel's left and right butt cheek.

Sorry for the lack of intellectual input, but it does seem to catch the essence I think.
This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 05:46 PM by Artful Revealer.

Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew. - Gospel of Philip
The following 3 users Like Artful Revealer's post:
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko, The Creeper