#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The late Gore Vidal tweets Milo

07-27-2016, 10:09 AM #1
Serveto
Justiciar
I sometimes wish that the late Gore Vidal, who was (British slang) "puffier," er, correction, "trigglypuffier" and gayer still, and for a much longer period of time, than the charismatic, at times insightful, Milo, were still with us.  Some of his tweets (statements) were awesome.  I here retweet one, sending it through the echo chamber:

Quote:... You and I and other civilians are going to be the ones who are killed when the Moslems get really angry and start suicide-bombing American cities because of things the Bush/Cheney junta has done to them. We will be the ones killed. Bush/Cheney will be safe in their bunkers, but we're going to get it. I would have thought that [out of] self-interest --since Americans are the most easily terrified people on earth, as recently demonstrated over and over again--
we would be afraid of what was going to befall us. But I think simultaneously we have no imagination, and certainly no sense of cause and effect. If we did have that, we might know that if you keep kicking somebody, he's going to kick you back. So there we stand, ignoring the first rule of physics, which is that there is no action without reaction. (Gore Vidal)
Source

Pouring one out for Gore Vidal who, in four days, will have been missing in action for four years.  Rest in peace, brother, and I miss you.
The following 4 users Like Serveto's post:
  • Tarikko, damien50, Serendipity, Kung Fu

07-27-2016, 10:57 AM #2
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Peace be upon you,

First off, I just want to say I'm not sure if these attacks supposedly perpetrated by Muslims are false flags or not well at least not all of them. Now let's rewind to 2001, even though the current problems the world faces originates long before 9/11, when America and her allies decided to go into Afghanistan, followed by Iraq, then Libya, and now finally Syria. They did all this against the UN but then again the UN is funded mostly by America so America in a sense is the UN and everyone else are just barely recognizable unheard nations that many can't even remember the names of.

The American government with the support of apparently 72% of its people accord to Gallop went into Iraq and 8 out of 10 Americans supported some kind of invasion in Afghanistan and they did all this with absolutely no proof. They went into these nations illegally and bombed the living daylights out of the governments there and its people. They did all this to only "find out", like they didn't know already, that Iraq had no nuclear weapons or "weapons of mass destruction" and any weapons they did have was given to them by the Americans in the 80s. Quite ironic, I know. In Afghanistan people still don't know why they're there. They first went in because apparently Bin Ladden was there even though he was actually "found" sheltered in Pakistan. They then changed their narrative in wanting to help the Afghan people, followed by changing their narrative again in wanting to free the Afghan women. And to this day Americans have no real clue as to why America is still in Afghanistan, even when their soldiers are dying daily there for no apparent cost.

Then we have Libya and Syria but I'm sure many on here at this point know and understand at what I'm getting at so I will kindly spare all of us the extra text.

With all these attacks, let's not forget those drone attacks that kill innocent women, children, and men on the daily in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and etc., we have well over a million people dead just in Iraq and Afghanistan and only God knows how many in Libya and Syria and most of these people dead are innocent people that had no clue on why they had bombs dropping on them and bullets being fired at them.

Now we have these "attacks" on the countries with governments who are actively killing people in the East with their people yelling at the top of their lungs that Muslims are evil, that Muslims shouldn't be immigrating to their countries, and that they have no clue why they're be attacked by Muslims. I find it so absurd that at times like a mad man, I can't help but laugh when these attacks occur. Not at the innocent people dead but at the brain dead morons who blame Muslims when in reality you should be blaming your governments and yourselves for the situation you're in.

I'll put it simply for some of you folks on here when you attack and kill MILLIONS for no apparent reason don't be shocked when they retaliate and kill 50 people. Just be grateful that people here in the West are not dying in the millions for no apparent reason because it can always be worse.

No, I don't support innocent people dying so any comments regarding to me about me condoning the deaths of innocent people will be ignored.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Starks, Serendipity, Al Mualim, Tarikko

07-27-2016, 11:47 AM #3
Serveto
Justiciar
Although in this thread I might continue to send tweets from those, like Gore Vidal, who have gone to the great beyond, I won't be using the "like" feature of this board as a matter of policy.  It can be a distraction.

Kung Fu Wrote:No, I don't support innocent people dying so any comments regarding to me about me condoning the deaths of innocent people will be ignored.

I understand and appreciate the comment.  I am told that one of the first things a student learns, when entering Law School, is not to provide an answer to somebody who asks if you are still beating your child.  If you say "no," it implies that you once did.  If you say "yes," it affirms that you are.  This question, and many, many like it, are far too often asked.
This post was last modified: 07-27-2016, 12:35 PM by Serveto.
The following 1 user Likes Serveto's post:
  • Tarikko

07-27-2016, 11:57 AM #4
Al Mualim
Knight

Are you fulfilling the rights of your Lord, body, family and place of work?
Peace be upon you!