#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Why ?

07-25-2016, 04:23 PM #1
icexplorer
Squire
Hello,

I've  been recently reading some threads on the religion forum, and lets be honest there's a lot of hate.

In some cases I've seen people saying that the other one is trolling when obviously they're both trolling, or even insulting each other, and again each party seems to believe that only the other one is insulting.

Please tell me why are you fighting each other instead of discussing politely ? No one benefits from this (contrary to what you seem to believe).

Do you know what's the feeling that it gives me ? It appears that you have no real faith in your own religion, so you find faith by searching flaws on other religions.
The following 13 users Like icexplorer's post:
  • Orwell's mentor, democc, Floss, MoroccanEyes, Loki, Delta Blues, Goku, Pront, damien50, The Creeper, Hex, Todd, Ambuler

07-25-2016, 04:24 PM #2
BaronAmity
Marshall
It's all bloods versus crips; i.e. a false dilemma.
The following 4 users Like BaronAmity's post:
  • Floss, Sidhuriel, Pront, The Creeper

07-25-2016, 05:19 PM #3
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-25-2016, 04:23 PM)icexplorer Wrote:  Hello,

I've  been recently reading some threads on the religion forum, and lets be honest there's a lot of hate.

In some cases I've seen people saying that the other one is trolling when obviously they're both trolling, or even insulting each other, and again each party seems to believe that only the other one is insulting.

Please tell me why are you fighting each other instead of discussing politely ? No one benefits from this (contrary to what you seem to believe).

Do you know what's the feeling that it gives me ? It appears that you have no real faith in your own religion, so you find faith by searching flaws on other religions.

It's a fight over the truth.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • The Creeper

07-25-2016, 05:29 PM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain

Not a day goes by I don't ask myself the same question.

Awesome thread title bro/sis Smile

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 2 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Orwell's mentor, Tarikko

07-25-2016, 05:50 PM #5
Hex
Wanderer
(07-25-2016, 05:19 PM)Lisa Wrote:  It's a fight over the truth.
Truth shouldn't need defending. It is inherently self evident.

While I agree one should convey their perspectives and afford an alternate reflection for consideration, there is no need for it to be forced, shoved or smothered in the face of others. This post of course isn't aimed at you personally Lisa, however from the perspective of an external observer (not necessarily me) who sees all the incessant squabbling and mud slinging over theology, it reeks of insecurity. Unfortunately it becomes apparent that it is a game of who wins the internet debate for a few points, of overcoming your opponent through intellectual prowess and words, in an ever perpetual cycle of ego masturbation. Never mind actually learning or genuinely listening to what the other person has to say; the very concept is blasphemy.

One who is content with their beliefs and ideas has no need to proselytise, or claim their ideas are right and the other is wrong. Rather, those beliefs and ideals, if true and is genuinely beneficial, would transform a person automatically, as they would be the embodiment of that message. It is the persons actions and demeanour (the 'fruits') which therefore convey the essence of the beliefs The age old axiom 'actions speak louder than words' is ever so true. When you're calling people trolls, shills, retards or other such names, not respecting the inherent integrity of that person (regardless of theological differences), it truly speaks volumes about the personal 'transformative' effects of the doctrine you claim as true.

Want people to know X beliefs are the right ones? Prove it, through your own actions. People will naturally gravitate towards those who carry certain qualities. They will ask and wonder how a person is able to act in such and such a way, and why they seem so peaceful and content. Those individuals will naturally want that for themselves, and so they will begin the process of inquiry as to how said individual is able to achieve such a state. That is when dialogue can ensue for ideas that are beneficial, containing some semblance of 'truth' for that person, arise. If you cannot do that, then there's a message there.

I use the term 'beliefs' loosely, as a more apt descriptor is merely 'framework'. People utilise different frameworks in order to 'frame' their experience of reality. If one framework works for you and another for someone else, great! Who cares, really. So long as it is beneficial, allows you to process your experiences in an efficient manner, promotes positive, constructive, loving and healthy relationships with yourself and others, does it matter really? Unless of course you believe otherwise, but then that's your issue, and not someone else's.

Anyway, us so-called 'new age satanists' aren't needed on the boards. Some do a fantastically great job here of turning people off religion altogether with one look at some of the threads here, so we appreciate the job being done for us! ;-).

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 8 users Like Hex's post:
  • democc, Floss, Loki, Goku, Pront, Lady, damien50, FlixKandish

07-25-2016, 06:01 PM #6
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-25-2016, 05:50 PM)Hex Wrote:  
(07-25-2016, 05:19 PM)Lisa Wrote:  It's a fight over the truth.
Truth shouldn't need defending. It is inherently self evident.

Is truth self evident? What if you mingle a little lie to the truth? It may be harder then to know the truth. 

I was thinking about this quote from Winston Churchill:
A lie get halfway round the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

And of course the harder the fight the more the truth matters.

Edit: Hi Hex Smile
This post was last modified: 07-25-2016, 06:02 PM by Lisa.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

07-25-2016, 06:10 PM #7
Hex
Wanderer
(07-25-2016, 06:01 PM)Lisa Wrote:  Is truth self evident? What if you mingle a little lie to the truth? It may be harder then to know the truth. 
I'd say truth will always make itself known to one who has pure and sincere intentions. While my ideas of God/Creator might not be quite the same as yours, I would say that we can both agree upon the idea that 'God' would not be so unjust as to deny someone who genuinely seeks the truth, so long as is sincere in their seeking. They will be able to wade through any 'junk', as it were, that is given, because they are being guided.

Quote:Edit: Hi Hex :)
Hi Lisa :).

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."

The following 2 users Like Hex's post:
  • Floss, The Creeper

07-25-2016, 06:17 PM #8
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-25-2016, 06:10 PM)Hex Wrote:  
(07-25-2016, 06:01 PM)Lisa Wrote:  Is truth self evident? What if you mingle a little lie to the truth? It may be harder then to know the truth. 
I'd say truth will always make itself known to one who has pure and sincere intentions. While my ideas of God/Creator might not be quite the same as yours, I would say that we can both agree upon the idea that 'God' would not be so unjust as to deny someone who genuinely seeks the truth, so long as is sincere in their seeking. They will be able to wade through any 'junk', as it were, that is given, because they are being guided.

Quote:Edit: Hi Hex Smile
Hi Lisa Smile.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you?

But what about the one who doesn't want you to draw near to God and is all out attempting to stop you from doing so? 

The Bible tells us that our battle isn't against flesh and blood but against 
the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 
And it is these that don't want you to have the truth.

07-25-2016, 06:27 PM #9
Hex
Wanderer
(07-25-2016, 06:17 PM)Lisa Wrote:  But what about the one who doesn't want you to draw near to God and is all out attempting to stop you from doing so? 
Quote:And it is these that don't want you to have the truth.
Well, if God is as powerful as he is claimed to be, he would have no issues with addressing such individuals who stand between him and someone who genuinely seeks to know him, right? If someone says otherwise, then they're in essence stating that they don't have faith/belief that God is capable of making himself known in a sufficient capacity.

The following 1 user Likes Hex's post:
  • The Creeper

07-25-2016, 06:35 PM #10
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-25-2016, 06:27 PM)Hex Wrote:  
(07-25-2016, 06:17 PM)Lisa Wrote:  But what about the one who doesn't want you to draw near to God and is all out attempting to stop you from doing so? 
Quote:And it is these that don't want you to have the truth.
Well, if God is as powerful as he is claimed to be, he would have no issues with addressing such individuals who stand between him and someone who genuinely seeks to know him, right? If someone says otherwise, then they're in essence stating that they don't have faith/belief that God is capable of making himself known in a sufficient capacity.

God does warn us that there are deceivers in the world. So, He doesn't stop them but warns us that there are some. He has His word the Bible, it's all true-God doesn't lie but does everyone believe that? He created the Earth and everyone in it, does everyone believe that? 

I would think it's along the lines of the garden of Eden. Though Adam and Eve saw God and talked with Him, they were still taken in by the serpent. 

There is an adversary and he is doing everything he can to make sure you don't have any idea what the truth really is.