#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
New Experiments demonstrating Consciousness affecting Matter - Dean Radin.

07-19-2016, 06:38 PM #1
Hex
Wanderer
Dean Radin speaks at the Science of Consciousness Conference in Tuscon 2016. He discusses new experiments which clearly demonstrate a link between consciousness and matter in terms of probability collapse. This is important to know as reductionist science often tries to disassociate the idea of an observer at a quantum level.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 5 users Like Hex's post:
  • The Creeper, damien50, novam terram, Goku, Trenton

07-20-2016, 05:28 AM #2
Goku
Chaplain
At work atm, but this reminds me of years ago when I was looking into emotions affecting water crystals or something of that nature, I know I've looked into a lot of pseudoscience.

This does looks interesting, I'll give it a watch tonight and give my opinion/thoughts.

Thanks for the share.

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 2 users Like Goku's post:
  • The Creeper, Hex

07-20-2016, 11:05 AM #3
novam terram
Justiciar
Thanks, Hex. I will definitely give this a watch when I get a chance.

The following 3 users Like novam terram's post:
  • Al Mualim, Hex, damien50

07-21-2016, 05:18 AM #4
Goku
Chaplain
So I watched it last night, it was pretty heavy as there were a few terms I weren't aware off and had to look them up/gain an understanding before having an opinion.

The double slit experiment is a fascinating experiment in itself and scientists are still discovering more things due to it.

From what I understood, the results were positive, however, the scale of the experiment needs to be larger for more accurate data/evidence, however, when it comes to quantum physics and large scales, they don't really go hand in hand lol.

So at the moment, I do see the results as positive and agree that our consciousness affects reality, but due the affects being very minor, to me, it's not at the level of effectiveness that we can do something with it.

It'd be pretty sweet if we could create our own realities in the physical sense, but then we'd be missing out on the apparent objective world, how do you stand on this?

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

The following 2 users Like Goku's post:
  • Hex, The Creeper

07-21-2016, 04:14 PM #5
Hex
Wanderer
(07-21-2016, 05:18 AM)Goku Wrote:  So I watched it last night, it was pretty heavy as there were a few terms I weren't aware off and had to look them up/gain an understanding before having an opinion.
Yes it is. Glad you made some time for it!

Quote:From what I understood, the results were positive, however, the scale of the experiment needs to be larger for more accurate data/evidence, however, when it comes to quantum physics and large scales, they don't really go hand in hand lol.

So at the moment, I do see the results as positive and agree that our consciousness affects reality, but due the affects being very minor, to me, it's not at the level of effectiveness that we can do something with it.
So I took from the findings that the results conclusively prove that there is a link between consciousness and 'physical reality'. Using a large sample size and ruling out any potential influences they were able to conclusively prove that the mind was able to influence the way the photons interacted with the laser/double slit. Because mainstream science currently sees the two as separate, and in no way linked, there are a lot of interesting implications (but it is still early days).

While the results themselves don't show much in the way of practical value yet, it does pave the way for such, and for the many existing modalities which stress the connection between thought and reality.

In the bible it says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." What does the 'word' mean in this instance, since the concept of a word requires the idea of Human, sound, speech, hearing etc to exist, which it did not in the beginning? Word (λόγος / Logos) might actually be seen as 'thought', since words are the distorted translated remnants of thought.

"In the beginning was the Thought, and the Thought was with God, and the Thought was God."

I can pull up quotes from a lot of metaphysical material if interested, but in essence the idea that the first primordial conscious thought by an infinite intelligence is the origination of reality is a well established idea. The Universe is 'God' dreaming as it discovers itself in an ever expanding dance of infinity. There's much more to it of course, but there's certainly a correlation I've found.

How does something that it is infinite in it's nature be? It must originate every single permutation, idea and concept of experience. One of those infinite permutations God originated is you and me. However, when I say God originated, it may be more accurate to say emanated in it's nature.

You are a part of the Creator actualised, and are One with 'it', and as you live your life and your experiences, so do you contribute to Gods understanding of it's infinite nature and Self. The Universe is enriched by you being you, and your experiences are totally unique to you and can never be emulated quite so exact. You exist because you are God experiencing itself - God knows where every single thing is, and what every single person is doing, because the Creator is that thing, and this most do not like to admit.

(Woah, I have no idea where those last 2 paragraphs came from).

Quote:It'd be pretty sweet if we could create our own realities in the physical sense, but then we'd be missing out on the apparent objective world, how do you stand on this?
The perspective I hold is that we already do this; most aren't simply aware or perceive it. Ones personal world is a direct extension of the mind, and are merely symbols which correspond to inner thoughts and feelings (Seth material has some good stuff on this). On other levels we all agreed collectively to create a world where 'objectiveness' was present ('prior' to coming into this one), and to experience the idea of separation between Self and Other Self (we are all connected and part of one Infinite 'Creator' in essence - true monism).

Quite simply, we're sloppy with our thought, and don't know how to utilise it properly. When we focus on a million things, and but into negative ideas (which were created by other peoples thoughts/beliefs; it's self reinforcing) is it any wonder we feel so divorced and powerless from ourselves?

I haven't had anything like this recently, but the few experiences I had in deep meditation I found that those that observe this planet from other planets were blown away. They could not understand how a human could live here and do what we do, and were seriously impressed. It takes a strong entity (or 'Soul' some would say) to come into Earth and experience such contrast. Where you can Love, feel joy and happiness, and in the same breath fear, horror and pain. I didn't understand what they meant for the longest time, but I totally see it now.

Anyway, sorry for the essay, Those are my 2 cents (ah heck, tree fiddy).
This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 04:40 PM by Hex.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 2 users Like Hex's post:
  • Goku, damien50

07-21-2016, 06:46 PM #6
damien50
Chaplain
Quote:You are a part of the Creator actualised, and are One with 'it', and as you live your life and your experiences, so do you contribute to Gods understanding of it's infinite nature and Self. The Universe is enriched by you being you, and your experiences are totally unique to you and can never be emulated quite so exact. You exist because you are God experiencing itself - God knows where every single thing is, and what every single person is doing, because the Creator is that thing, and this most do not like to admit.

I've heard this before and always found it interesting.

The Continuation of the Truth

Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord . [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The following 1 user Likes damien50's post:
  • Hex