#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Melania Trump plagaiarism is nonsense distraction

07-19-2016, 01:12 PM #1
Americans-- and others-- waste their time on non issues. Here is one:

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
The following 3 users Like Freetoday's post:
  • Artful Revealer, Kung Fu, Tarikko

07-19-2016, 07:50 PM #2
Michelle Obama & Melania Trump have THE same speech writer. Everything they say is basically scripted by the same person/people.
The following 3 users Like TonyVanDam's post:
  • MaryJane, Alex, Tarikko

07-19-2016, 08:05 PM #3
(07-19-2016, 07:50 PM)TonyVanDam Wrote:  Michelle Obama & Melania Trump have THE same speech writer. Everything they say is basically scripted by the same person/people.

Don't they all?

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 3 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • MaryJane, Serveto, The Zone

07-19-2016, 11:35 PM #4
The following 3 users Like Thunderian's post:
  • MaryJane, Serveto, The Zone

07-20-2016, 09:34 AM #5
I think this whole controversy is SNL-worthy and is life immitating art (parody).  The late Gore Vidal once said that we live in the United States of Amnesia, referring, clearly, to the American attention-span and ability -or is it, rather, inability- to recollect and put things in historical context.

To me, this controversy is perfect proof, except for the fact that somebody caught and broadcast it thus bringing it to the attention to the collective, national consciousness, that the same political speeches and scripts, with slight variations, are continuously looped and played.  Janus, the two-faced, by turns Democrat and Republican, stands before the American spectator, or would-be voter, and delivers a rousing speech to which the flag-waving partisans applaud and clap.  Eight years later, an eternity by American standards, Janus (this time as a Republican and thus speaking from the other side of his face) speaks again, and the crowds clap and applaud.  Finally, after much fanfare and hullabaloo and quadzillions of dollars, Janus is once again [s]elected as President and the game continues, uninterrupted.
Yesterday, in my imagination, I revisited my great-great-great grandfather's memory and thanked him for emigrating from England so that I, in this day and hour, in the geopolitcal endgame, can take my seat, third row and center, at the tragi/comedy that is the American political process.  He handed me some popcorn and suggested that I enjoy the show, but, like any good theater, to not be altogether taken in by it.
The following 4 users Like Serveto's post:
  • Serendipity, SheWatches, Tarikko, Kung Fu

07-20-2016, 09:40 AM #6
Kung Fu
What a circus the American political scene is. They all wear their rainbow colored suits and funny hats pretending like their voice actually matters. Both the parties have the same speech writers, sponsors, and corporate masters yet they pretend like they're different.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Aigre Excalibur, Tarikko

07-21-2016, 09:38 PM #7
Aigre Excalibur
The whole election is the biggest farce in democracy.

Trump is fear-mongering, while telling the masses what they want to hear. Clinton appeals to "reasonable people" and points at Trump as a great evil. I personally think that Trump will wipe the floor with Clinton because his command of propaganda is far better than hers. Maybe that's all that the Powers that Be want in a leader: someone with better mastery of mass communication, and better control of hearts and minds.

When I ask friends which of the 2 puppets they are going to vote for, some say that this whole mess is not something you want to get involved with. But to the man on the ground, the whole election process is the only way they can "express themselves" or "participate in politics".

You're F***ed either way the country votes.
The following 3 users Like Aigre Excalibur's post:
  • Alex, The Winter Soldier, Tarikko

07-21-2016, 11:49 PM #8
You're more fucked if you vote trump, tho....

..Unless you are an astroturf republican alex Jones birth cert looking for anti fema kinds person.
The following 1 user Likes FlixKandish's post:
  • SheWatches

07-23-2016, 06:29 PM #9
The Winter Soldier
Actually, I think I heard that many First Ladies have said that...I'm more offended that she took Twilight Sparkle's speech entirely out of context.
Way to make the Pegasisters and Bronies look bad...

Still better than Hilary Clinton!
This post was last modified: 07-23-2016, 06:29 PM by The Winter Soldier.

"I try to show mercy and forgiveness because Jesus calls us to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

Some people seem to be obscenely proud of themselves for making that difficult."~Joshscorcher