#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

The Greatest Food in the World

07-15-2016, 01:05 PM #1
According to science, sushi is the greatest food in the world. How do we maintain a large sushi supply? What is the meaning of sushi? As the greatest food in the world, this thread is meant to investigate sushi. It is also a place to develop Theory of Sushi and discuss tips on planting sushi trees.

A group of dissident scientists has claimed that crawfish is actually the greatest food in the world and not second greatest, as is generally accepted by the scientific community. According to CNN, these dissident scientists were later discovered to be covert members of ISIS, seeking to destroy America and freedom and our right to life, liberty and sushi.
This post was last modified: 07-15-2016, 01:10 PM by BaronAmity.
The following 3 users Like BaronAmity's post:
  • Pront, SheWatches, Beesgotknees

07-15-2016, 03:54 PM #2
I'll side with scientists on this one. Sushi is my favorite food, I had it last night for dinner. Reasons it could be considered the healthiest food? Well Japanese people seem to be pretty healthy and live long lives. If you consider a sushi roll, it has the most important parts of the food groups: grains, veggies, fish (protein), sometimes fruit. It's basically a well-balanced meal, wrapped in seaweed (great for you) that you can easily eat one bite at a time. I don't know about anybody else, but I feel a wonderful sense of well-being during and after a meal of sushi.

Crawfish? Never had 'em, but they seem like something ISIS would try to convince us are good. Don't they basically filter all the crap out of the water?
The following 1 user Likes Beesgotknees's post:
  • Al Mualim

07-15-2016, 07:09 PM #3
Sushi is a nice light meal, that will not leave a person feeling over-stuffed, and is nutrient dense because of the combination of items, and it's overall freshness. 

I do not eat animal products, but love me a nice veggie roll  Smile

Tofu could easily be substituted for the fish and would still provide a protein source. I think there may be some personal health benefits to eating a meat such as fish (oils, fats, etc...) BUT,

I choose not to because I don't want to support large scale fishing (discarded nets, by-catch, etc.) and I think spiritually connecting with what I eat is important - hard for me to do when something living had to forcibly die in the name of my meal.
The following 2 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Sidhuriel, SheWatches

07-15-2016, 11:43 PM #4
Sushi is really good, but I don't really enjoy it either, it depends what sauce I use on it. What's really interesting when it comes to foods, we mostly think of Animals with steak and chicken, fish and their shrimp and crab meat, but what about insects? It's been stated that many insects have huge amounts of proteins and nutrition value. Though I mostly enjoy meat products, fruits and vegetables are mainly the best two sources of food in my opinion.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
The following 1 user Likes That1kid's post:
  • SheWatches

07-16-2016, 12:58 AM #5
If you eat sushi, you better get it from the east coast or northeast Canada.

Anyone who eats anything from the Pacific Ocean after Fukushima is playing Russian Roulette with their life.

As far as we know, that damn plant is still leaking tons of radioactive waste in the ocean after all these years.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 6 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • Kung Fu, khadeejah, Al Mualim, Todd, Sidhuriel, BaronAmity

07-16-2016, 03:31 AM #6
According to which scientists? Can you give a source?

I mean it's clear that sushi is healthy food; but scientists quite disagree about what healthy food is and what a healthy diet is. All science agrees on is that fruits and veg are good for everyone. 

My diet is now vegan; so I rely on fruit; nuts and vegs as my only source of nutrition. I have never felt better. Sushi is easily made veg friendly too.

Even though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear not for you are with me

Believe in God, do not kill but promote peace, do not take that which isn't yours, do not follow your lusts, be honest in your words and deeds, and do not take substances that cloud the mind. Do all these and you will be lead on the straight path.  Everyone who lives by this is my brother. Heart

The following 3 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • khadeejah, mrgrimm, SheWatches

07-16-2016, 01:21 PM #7
I wish I could go vegan, but I'm lucky to manage a mostly veg diet with some eggs & (fresh water) fish now & then.

Sigh, the only sushi I can eat now are California rolls, which I know isn't real sushi at all. (all veggie)

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 2 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • khadeejah, Sidhuriel

07-16-2016, 04:11 PM #8
(07-15-2016, 01:05 PM)BaronAmity Wrote:  discuss tips on planting sushi trees.

This flew clean over their heads.... Big Grin

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. 
If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them;
If I find them too obnoxious, I break them. 
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for 
everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein

07-16-2016, 04:31 PM #9
(07-16-2016, 04:11 PM)Renegade Wrote:  
(07-15-2016, 01:05 PM)BaronAmity Wrote:  discuss tips on planting sushi trees.

This flew clean over their heads.... Big Grin
Tongue That HAD to be edited in after the first few replies
The following 2 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • SheWatches, khadeejah

07-16-2016, 06:17 PM #10
Al Mualim
Love sushi but making it is effort (too lazy for this cuisine) so i'll have to rely on stores  Confused

I agree though, it has the right balance and it's filling but light!

Are you fulfilling the rights of your Lord, body, family and place of work?
Peace be upon you! 
The following 3 users Like Al Mualim's post:
  • Sidhuriel, mrgrimm, khadeejah