#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
How can you be so sure?

06-26-2015, 07:32 PM #1
YALA
Peasant
Hey all,

This has been something that I've wondered for a while. Whenever I read an article or analysis on this site, I always read the comments, and they're usually filled with people bringing up bible verses and what not.

This site is devoted to exposing how the the powers that be manipulate our lives on a daily basis. How they control our media, schooling system, create our laws, etc. Basically, every part of our life. I always wonder how people who frequent this site can believe all of this, and not question the religions they hold so dear?

I mean... if you believe that there is a global cabal ruling our planet in secrecy and trying to control/enslave us, do you think they'd really allow us access to any sort of information that would set us free, such as the bible, quaran, etc? There are so many religions on this planet... a lot of the times it's hard for me to see their purpose as anything but to divide us and turn us against each other, all in the name of our god, because there is only one, and ours has to be right.

It just seems like to useful of a tool to further corrupt and enslave us and keep us further from the truth.

06-26-2015, 10:06 PM #2
AnswersISeek
Squire
(06-26-2015, 07:32 PM)YALA Wrote:  Hey all,

This has been something that I've wondered for a while. Whenever I read an article or analysis on this site, I always read the comments, and they're usually filled with people bringing up bible verses and what not.

This site is devoted to exposing how the the powers that be manipulate our lives on a daily basis. How they control our media, schooling system, create our laws, etc. Basically, every part of our life. I always wonder how people who frequent this site can believe all of this, and not question the religions they hold so dear?

I mean... if you believe that there is a global cabal ruling our planet in secrecy and trying to control/enslave us, do you think they'd really allow us access to any sort of information that would set us free, such as the bible, quaran, etc? There are so many religions on this planet... a lot of the times it's hard for me to see their purpose as anything but to divide us and turn us against each other, all in the name of our god, because there is only one, and ours has to be right.

It just seems like to useful of a tool to further corrupt and enslave us and keep us further from the truth.
Well said, I couldn't have expressed it better myself. That is why I don't have a religion, at least as espoused by the mainstream ones.

06-26-2015, 10:22 PM #3
sPEktrall
Chaplain

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

06-27-2015, 12:50 AM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(06-26-2015, 07:32 PM)YALA Wrote:  Hey all,

How can you be so sure? Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

06-27-2015, 01:27 AM #5
mistermister
Squire
Could not said better as sPEktrall did Smile

The Holy Bible is the only credible book Shy 

And OP,  when You ask such an question, then why do You have a Flower of life as your avatar?
Have You ever researched sacred geometry and the New Age?

God Bless You All Smile

06-27-2015, 04:50 AM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(06-27-2015, 01:27 AM)mistermister Wrote:  Could not said better as sPEktrall did Smile

And OP,  when You ask such an question, then why do You have a Flower of life as your avatar?

God Bless You All Smile

Uncredible Big Grin full of interpolations, fabrications and blasphemies - wanna see proof from Christian scholars? They're the ones saying this - not me:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...n-of-Worms

Come on lad - have the courage of your conviction and debate me in this ^ thread .... come laddie, let me school you in what is considered authentic Big Grin

Come. Bring ya friends too, Big Grin

Scimi
This post was last modified: 06-27-2015, 04:50 AM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

06-27-2015, 10:29 AM #7
freedmind
Marshall
Yes I agree.

I'd like to ad that the religious people who are convinced their religion is the only one true, makes them feel superior to people of other faiths and seculars. It's an attitude that really stinks; "better than thou".
Same thing with priests within the religion.

If you surrender your morals to what someone else preaches is right and wrong, you remove your own responsability for your own actions, and they use the "my religion tells me to hate gays" so i just follow without thinking myself.

they think they are better than everybody else because they have the truth and you, in their eyes, do not.
i find them untrustworthy since believing something without evidence is folly. and i have not heard or seen any evidence at all that supports these people's beliefs.

i am spiritual and everyone can be spiritual, and some use religion to connect to their spirit. but please, don't get too high and mighty on your donkey, it's distasteful.

just saying.
tired of religious "discussions", same circular logic for the past thousand years, doesn't get anywhere so this is probably all i'll say on the topic.

have a good one
peace
This post was last modified: 06-27-2015, 10:30 AM by freedmind.

only love can

06-27-2015, 11:28 AM #8
mistermister
Squire
Quote:"my religion tells me to hate gays"

What religion do You have in mind?

Just curious

God Bless You Smile

06-27-2015, 12:32 PM #9
Serveto
Justiciar
Hi YALA,

Welcome to the discussions. I quote you below.

Quote:This site is devoted to exposing how the the powers that be manipulate our lives on a daily basis. How they control our media, schooling system, create our laws, etc. Basically, every part of our life. I always wonder how people who frequent this site can believe all of this, and not question the religions they hold so dear?

You don't seem to have allowed for another possibility: that some of us who believe do so exactly because we have questioned the religion we hold so dear.

Quote:I mean... if you believe that there is a global cabal ruling our planet in secrecy and trying to control/enslave us, do you think they'd really allow us access to any sort of information that would set us free, such as the bible, quaran, etc?

This question seems to suggest that the global cabal has absolute power.  Although I don't doubt that "they" aspire to absolute power, I think they are far from attaining it.  For instance, they haven't prevented us from accessing this site, and others like it, and, though they have certainly tried, especially in the last century in the Soviet Bloc, wherein atheism was enforced by law, they were unable to eradicate religions and the various scriptures which underlie and inform them.  As I see it, they are not (excuse the expression) God -they only do an at times impressive job of aspiring to be.

Quote:There are so many religions on this planet... a lot of the times it's hard for me to see their purpose as anything but to divide us and turn us against each other, all in the name of our god, because there is only one, and ours has to be right.

Ideological division is a human phenomenon.  Couples in marriage fight with each other.  A person left alone argues with himself.  Forget religion for the moment.  Look at the very recent history of the Soviet Union.  There, atheism was enforced and was part of the state-sponsored dogma of Marxism.  That didn't stop the Bolsheviks arguing, to the death, with the Mensheviks.  The endless papers and position statements which passed between those two factions make the average church split seem chump change in comparison.

I grant that people, especially simpletons when group-identified, are easily pitted against each other in wars, holy or otherwise.  With that said, not everybody, myself included, thinks that there is only one religion and that ours is right. Then again, on second thought, maybe I do.  In any case, I happen to think that there is, as Huxley put it, a "perennial philosophy," or universal wisdom tradition, of which most living religions are part.  At their best, and given their dynamism, they can be as useful to unite people as to divide.  To use an (egads! shudder!) trite and quite possibly spooky symbol, I think that the various religions are what happens when the original ray of light meets a prism and splits into various colors.  With diligence, and this is where examining, questioning and studying one's religion referred to above becomes a factor, one might track one's individual color back to the prism and thus to the original ray of light.

Quote:It just seems like to useful of a tool to further corrupt and enslave us and keep us further from the truth.

It's the "opiate of the masses," said Marx.  We should "crush the infamy," said Voltaire.

Serv
This post was last modified: 06-27-2015, 01:59 PM by Serveto.

06-27-2015, 03:12 PM #10
YALA
Peasant
(06-27-2015, 04:50 AM)Scimitar Wrote:  
(06-27-2015, 01:27 AM)mistermister Wrote:  Could not said better as sPEktrall did Smile

God Bless You All Smile

Uncredible Big Grin full of interpolations, fabrications and blasphemies - wanna see proof from Christian scholars? They're the ones saying this - not me:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...n-of-Worms

Come on lad - have the courage of your conviction and debate me in this ^ thread .... come laddie, let me school you in what is considered authentic Big Grin

Come. Bring ya friends too, Big Grin

Scimi
Isn't this just an example of what I was saying? I'm not sure if I misread you, but it sounds like you're challenging this person to debate his faith, and that you're calling it not credible. How can you say yours is right and there's is wrong? And really, what is the point of it all? Does it really matter who wins a battle of words? We're all flesh and blood. Wouldn't a better way to spend time would be to think of how to make this world a better place for everyone then to get caught up in a battle of who is right?

(06-26-2015, 10:22 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  

Thank you for that, it does shed light on why people wouldn't question it.

I still question it though. I mean, yes, a lot of the values of the bible are in complete contrast with those of the elite.. and yes, it supposedly even lays out their plan and shows how it will fail. But what if that was their plan? In articles I read on here, I always see people mentioning the bible and how the end is coming and that Christ will save us. But what if this was just a lie to keep people in check and complacent and do nothing while the elite set up their vision of the world? Everyone is waiting for their savior, but no one is willing to step up and be there own saviors. Imagine how we could all change the world if everyone decided to act with good intention?
This post was last modified: 06-27-2015, 03:32 PM by YALA.