#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

The Treaty of Umar

07-14-2016, 09:32 PM #1
This is the pact of Umar rewritten for muslims today to live in the west....
Is this acceptable to you..? 

As many non muslims are subjected  to rules like these in Islamic controlled countries today....

Scimi posted many times about the conquest of Jerusalem which resulted in this pact and how great this was for all concerned.... Before those nasty crusaders ruined it all....

Are you guys happy reading this..? If not.. can you see why a non muslim would have a problem with the original ..? 

Islamic view of this progressive contract

Quote:When we (Muslims) came to you we requested safety for ourselves, children, property and followers of our religion. We made a condition on ourselves that we will neither erect in our areas a mosque, madrasa, mausoleum or zawiya nor restore any place of worship that needs restoration nor use any of them for the purpose of enmity against Jews, Christians or atheists.

We will not prevent any Jews, Christians or atheists from resting in our mosques  whether they come by day or night, and we will open the doors of our houses of worship for the wayfarer and passerby. 

Those Jews, Christians and atheists who come as guests, will enjoy boarding and food for three days. 

We will not allow a spy against Jews, Christians or atheists into our mosques  and homes or hide deceit or betrayal against Jews, Christians or atheists.

We will not teach our children the tanach, the new testament or secular science textbooks, publicise practices of Islamic monotheism , invite anyone to Islamic monotheism or prevent any of our fellows from embracing Judaism, Christianity or atheism,  if they choose to do so.

We will respect Jews, Christians and atheists, move from the places we sit in if they choose to sit in them. 

We will not imitate their clothing, jeans, tank tops, shorts, sneakers or stilettos, hairstyles, speech, nicknames and title names, or drive in cars (we can ride scooters with hard plastic saddles)  hang guns on the shoulders, collect weapons of any kind or carry these weapons. 

We will not encrypt our stamps in any language deemed holy by Jews or Christians,or given special status by atheists, or sell dates.

We will keep our beards trimmed neatly, wear our customary clothes like our prophet wherever we are, wear belts around our waist(to mark us as muslims), refrain from having Arabic inscriptions outside our mosques and demonstrating them and our quran in public in Jewish christian or atheist streets and markets. 

We will not sound the call to prayer from our mosques, except discretely, or raise our voices while reciting our holy quran inside our mosques in the presence of Jews, Christians and atheists, nor raise our voices [with prayer] at our funerals, or light torches in funeral processions in the fairways of Jews, Christians and atheists, or their markets. 

We will not bury our dead next to Jew, Christian and atheist dead, or hire servants previously employed by Jews, Christians and atheists. 

We will be guides for Jews, Christians and atheists and refrain from breaching their privacy in their homes

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. 
If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them;
If I find them too obnoxious, I break them. 
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for 
everything I do..."

Robert A. Heinlein

07-17-2016, 09:43 PM #2
Heinrich Graetz Wrote:Rising Islam was as intolerant as Christianity.  When Omar had driven the Jews out of Chaibar and the Christians out of Najaran, he gave instructions to his generals against the Jews and Christians.  These orders were called "the covenant of Omar," and contained many restrictions against the "peoples of the Book" (Jews and Christians).

In spite of this fact, the Jews felt themselves freer under the new rule of Islam than they did in Christian lands.  The restrictive laws of Omar were not carried out even during Omar's lifetime, and though the fanatic [Muslims] scorned the Jews for their religion, they did not despise them as citizens, but showed great honor to worthy Jews. The first [Muslims] treated the Jews as their equals; they respected them as friends and allies, and took an interest in them even as enemies.  The Asiatic and Egyptian Jews consequently treated the [Muslims] as their liberators from the yoke of the Christians ...[bold emphasis mine]
Source (pp. 87-88)
The following 2 users Like Serveto's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko