#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Ghostbusters and Feminism

07-05-2016, 11:17 AM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain

A really good analysis on the new upcoming remake of Ghost busters with an all female lead. Not seeing there is an agenda here at play with this movie would be quite ignorant.

Will definitely not be watching this movie. They killed my childhood memories. I'm just happy it's going to be a flop by the looks of it.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 6 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Freetoday, kandi, BaronAmity, Alex, Tarikko

07-05-2016, 11:21 AM #2
Allegedly
Marshall
IDK. it might be alright, but I won't go out of my way to watch a movie with an obvious agenda.
The following 2 users Like Allegedly's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, BaronAmity

07-05-2016, 11:22 AM #3
Allegedly
Marshall
Other than to study it, of course.
The following 3 users Like Allegedly's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, BaronAmity, Tarikko

07-05-2016, 11:34 AM #4
justjess
Chaplain
so using females automatically means there is an agenda?

not all things with a vagina equal feminism
The following 4 users Like justjess's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, lays, Pront, Riddler

07-05-2016, 11:41 AM #5
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(07-05-2016, 11:34 AM)justjess Wrote:  so using females automatically means there is an agenda?

not all things with a vagina equal feminism

Did you take a listen to the video? There's a clear agenda at play. I don't believe in coincidences.

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Freetoday, BaronAmity

07-05-2016, 11:50 AM #6
justjess
Chaplain
i listened to the video but it left out a lot.. like that there has been a huge backlash because they used women, that the comments made about this werent just pulled out of thin air as the video makes it seem.

they remake movies all the time. some people get mad whenever they do but not to this extent and ive seen the comments about it destroying their childhood because WOMEN myself. the video should have atleast acknowledged that.

i have no desire to see the movie either way. women or no women. if it comes on cable eventually and im bored sure otherwise ill pass
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

07-05-2016, 12:21 PM #7
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(07-05-2016, 11:50 AM)justjess Wrote:  i listened to the video but it left out a lot.. like that there has been a huge backlash because they used women, that the comments made about this werent just pulled out of thin air as the video makes it seem.

they remake movies all the time. some people get mad whenever they do but not to this extent and ive seen the comments about it destroying their childhood because WOMEN myself. the video should have atleast acknowledged that.

i have no desire to see the movie either way. women or no women. if it comes on cable eventually and im bored sure otherwise ill pass

Well of course there was going to be a backlash for women being used considering that if it's a remake you would do it properly and not try to change it in order to appease social justice warriors. When I used to be naive I thought movies were all about making money but now I know it has less to do with money but more for indoctrination purposes with making money just an added bonus.

The same men that are criticizing this movie for its clear feminist and political agenda would also be criticizing film makers if they decided to have a man play the lead role of Tomb Raider. Hollywood is always trying to change things to fit this liberal hippie perspective that they're trying to drown down peoples throats but sometimes enough is enough. They went as far as to have the twin brother of Sue Storm, who is white and supposed to be white, played by a black man. Now how can a white woman have a twin brother who is black? It simply doesn't make sense, which is one of the reasons why Fantastic Four the remake was such a flop. But directors and producers don't care for as long they can get their indoctrination and liberal agenda out there infiltrating the minds of young youths they simply don't care for authenticity.

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • MaryJane, Thy Unveiling, BaronAmity

07-05-2016, 12:35 PM #8
justjess
Chaplain
what exactly is the agenda kung fu?
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • SheWatches

07-05-2016, 12:40 PM #9
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(07-05-2016, 12:35 PM)justjess Wrote:  what exactly is the agenda kung fu?

Blurring the lines between biological differences in males and females, continuous support of this rift between and women and men (feminism), and blurring the line between legitimate gender roles.

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Freetoday, BaronAmity

07-05-2016, 12:52 PM #10
justjess
Chaplain
(07-05-2016, 12:40 PM)Kung Fu Wrote:  
(07-05-2016, 12:35 PM)justjess Wrote:  what exactly is the agenda kung fu?

Blurring the lines between biological differences in males and females, continuous support of this rift between and women and men (feminism), and blurring the line between legitimate gender roles.

okay so just for clarification..

blurring the lines between biological differences - women arent biologically capable of shooting a laser or gun?

rift between women and men - have u seen any portion of the movie that promotes this? i think the movie would have to be seen first before we can assume it is.. from what i saw there seems to be other male ghostbusters they work with at some point

blurring lines of legitimate gender roles - are u talking about women working?
The following 4 users Like justjess's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, lays, Pront, SheWatches