#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
H.J.RES.84: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Islamist Extremism

07-04-2016, 01:37 PM #1
Tulpa
Knight
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-ske...ense-16652

Proposed bill:  https://projects.propublica.org/represen...14/hjres84

Discussion? While the article is slightly biased, it does make a good point.

The bill would basically give the US Gov't the power to freely push at the Mid-East until it succeeds in making the pro-Western governments and factions it tried so hard to make in the past when it fubar'd the first attempt at a government ran by elected officials in Iran back in the 1950's.

“Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists),  He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood)  Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous, Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.  He has taught man that which he knew not." (Qur’an 96: 1-4)

07-04-2016, 03:20 PM #2
Sunflower
Marshall
Quote:any substantial supporters, associated forces, or closely related successor entities.

The President may add an organization if: (1) the President determines that the organization supports Islamist extremism and submits to Congress the organization's name and supporting documents, and (2) Congress enacts a joint resolution providing for the use of the Armed Forces against the organization.

They can be any (Muslim) individual/organization/entity inside and outside US.
Nothing new there. It's war on terror 2.0

I seek refuge with Allah's perfect words from the evil of His creations.

07-04-2016, 03:26 PM #3
Kung Fu
Chaplain
In a nutshell it would allow them to continue to keep on meddling within the Islamic world causing only more strife and hate for the West, which ultimately leads to more isolated "terror" attacks on the West. The carousel keeps on spinning.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

07-04-2016, 04:04 PM #4
Tulpa
Knight
Aye, but the people seem too blind to see it. Fearmongering and the such. It came to my attention because a group decided to write letters to their Reps to point out the fact that it is another horrible, horrible idea.

But writing letters rarely gets us anywhere, I suppose

“Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists),  He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood)  Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous, Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.  He has taught man that which he knew not." (Qur’an 96: 1-4)