rfseekinheart
Marshall

God is good
The following 3 users Like rfseekinheart's post:
  • Zhenif, SheWatches, Woody

07-01-2016, 12:38 PM #2
Woody
Peasant
The question for me is are the creators conscious of the depth of the imagery they are using or is it flowing into to the minds of them from the unconscious and being appropriated for stylistic purposes? If you have a director like Kubrick it would be there deliberately but with others I don't know if we can be so sure. Nonetheless, when the symbolism is there it's there and it is meaningful. The point in the video about Jared Leto going into a box is very interesting but, yeah, potentially very dangerous for him. The Trickster archetype is very much at play in the world today and I've read that the way to catch it is that it will arouse feelings of righteous anger but I can't remember if that was Jung or a post-Jungian.
The following 2 users Like Woody's post:
  • bestsundaydress, Thy Unveiling

07-01-2016, 05:59 PM #3
SheWatches
Justiciar
Yeah, I can't get too excited about the DC/Marvel universe films when they pull obvious satanic stuff like the above.

I hate it when they put similar satanic stuff in the latest Star Wars too: with the one-eyed / maltese-cross paneled robot & the new sith's upside-down cross sabre:

I miss innocent Disney.  That died in the '90's I guess.

This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 06:00 PM by SheWatches.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 2 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, EliasP

07-01-2016, 06:16 PM #4
Riddler
Chaplain
innocent disney? you mean those same 90's with phallus castles in the Mermaid?

and interesting about that lightsaber.....i had not noticed that.

meanwhile, this guy is gonna rock

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 4 users Like Riddler's post:
  • Freetoday, Tarikko, Thy Unveiling, SheWatches

07-01-2016, 06:34 PM #5
rfseekinheart
Marshall
(07-01-2016, 06:16 PM)Riddler Wrote:  innocent disney? you mean those same 90's with phallus castles in the Mermaid?

Yep you fell for the anti hero agenda.

God is good
The following 2 users Like rfseekinheart's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, SheWatches

07-01-2016, 07:14 PM #6
SheWatches
Justiciar
(07-01-2016, 06:16 PM)Riddler Wrote:  innocent disney? you mean those same 90's with phallus castles in the Mermaid?
In that case, it was really done by a disgruntled employee who felt he wasn't paid enough.

But maybe Disney's downfall actually started in the mid-late 80's... I do blame Eisner - bleeding the animation dept dry until it was forced to close... then Disney the Corporation started buying up all these other properties like crazy starting in the late 90's or early 2000's.

The following 1 user Likes SheWatches's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

07-02-2016, 02:42 AM #7
SheWatches
Justiciar
(07-01-2016, 12:38 PM)Woody Wrote:  The question for me is are the creators conscious of the depth of the imagery they are using or is it flowing into to the minds of them from the unconscious and being appropriated for stylistic purposes? If you have a director like Kubrick it would be there deliberately but with others I don't know if we can be so sure. Nonetheless, when the symbolism is there it's there and it is meaningful. The point in the video about Jared Leto going into a box is very interesting but, yeah, potentially very dangerous for him. The Trickster archetype is very much at play in the world today and I've read that the way to catch it is that it will arouse feelings of righteous anger but I can't remember if that was Jung or a post-Jungian.

Oh, they're doing it deliberately all right.  At least the directors, set designers, & title graphics artists are.  These people know their symbols.  For example, in the past few years the Academy Awards has been using the same design studio to make their show segue-way graphics & movie award titles, most of which always showcased the actors being highlighted with one eye being somehow "artfully" obfuscated. It's a pretty incestuous relationship. Moloch the Owl himself was painted on the Oscars floor this year.  If you recorded the show, Moloch is the last thing you see at the end of the Oscars as the camera does a bird's-eye shot of the stage floor.

The following 4 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • MaryJane, damien50, Thy Unveiling, rfseekinheart

07-02-2016, 05:03 PM #8
Riddler
Chaplain
(07-01-2016, 06:34 PM)rfseekinheart Wrote:  

meanwhile your eyes and mind have been invaded by the suicide squad vid
containing the same very matter, bye bye non-existing innocense Big Grin

can't unsee!

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------

07-02-2016, 05:34 PM #9
rfseekinheart
Marshall
(07-02-2016, 05:03 PM)Riddler Wrote:  
(07-01-2016, 06:34 PM)rfseekinheart Wrote:  

meanwhile your eyes and mind have been invaded by the suicide squad vid
containing the same very matter, bye bye non-existing innocense Big Grin

can't unsee!

Difference is I dont admire it, you do.

The psy warfare has worked on you.

Sad, you are not awake.

God is good

07-02-2016, 06:11 PM #10
Riddler
Chaplain
like i care about your fallacies Big Grin

------------