#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Is the buddhist religion the most peaceful religion...

06-28-2016, 10:54 AM #1
rfseekinheart
Marshall
What acts of violence are associated with buddhists beside self immolation.

It offers a very open way to all.

And focuses heavily on love.

One thing that is not discussed much here is Buddhism, so lets discuss it.

One has to note though, the Dalia Llama, a pope like figure? in with the elite, perhaps.

Is Buddhism high ranking buddhism occult mystery based,

If we observe the practices of medtiation, I believe there was a documentary on a man who meditated for a lot of days, and was able to keep himself warm he was a buddhist monk, when discussing the buddhist monk, said there are things that we are not allowed to teach those who are not in the order, seems occultic.

Nevertheless, buddhism/mindfulness is on the rise, and many are attraacted to its accessible, all encompassing love it seems to express.

I personaly can also see how that love is kind of empty based on sort of, no relationship with a creator, but more of a naturalist view.

What do you think.

God is good
The following 1 user Likes rfseekinheart's post:
  • Floss

06-28-2016, 11:00 AM #2
Trenton
Justiciar
There was that one man who meditated himself to death, and he is still well preserved. Like he dead but, yo his body still intact after all these years.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.

06-28-2016, 11:13 AM #3
Kung Fu
Chaplain
I don't consider Buddhism a religion at all. It's more of a philosophy.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 5 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Alex, Riddler, DesertRose1, Tarikko, Trenton

06-28-2016, 11:30 AM #4
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
It depends on the kind of Buddhism; it has a multitude of sects.

For instance; the Kadampa tradition (sect) is at war with the  traditionalTibetan tradition in some parts of Tibet.

http://info-buddhism.com/BBC-An_Unholy_Row.html

Buddhists (and the Dalai Lama) worship multiple gods; and this row is about one particular violent deity that's called Dorje Shugden. The Dalai Lama forbids his worship; but the Kadampa tradition continues to do so.

Shugden is a god of war; and his followers commit violent acts towards other Buddhists.

So no; not all Buddhism is peaceful.

Like with many mystery traditions it preaches one thing for the masses- and another for the initiates. In my time in a Buddhist monastery I learned about all these controversies and the different gods Buddhists worship. There is no defined tradition that can be called ''Buddhism''; there are many different sects that all have their own pantheon.

The origin of Buddhism was simple; and the Dalai Lama mostly preaches the simple stuff. But look at what he does; and you'll see that his religion is lot more complicated than just a bit of peace love and meditation Smile

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 6 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • yiksmes, Alex, DesertRose1, rfseekinheart, Tarikko, Trenton

06-28-2016, 11:37 AM #5
Tarikko
Chaplain
Think you haven't heard of Burma and the ongoing (as we speak) genocide of the rohingya people

They would make the IDF soldiers look like puppies...

I seen some nasty sh** in my life.. yet couldn't bring myself to finish some of the videos...

Hope that answers your question.

And Mashallah sis Sid that was spot ON!!!

What they teach in public and private are two very different things.
This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 11:38 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 8 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Trenton, yiksmes, Alex, Riddler, DesertRose1, Kung Fu, rfseekinheart, Sidhuriel

06-28-2016, 11:59 AM #6
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(06-28-2016, 11:37 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  And Mashallah sis Sid that was spot ON!!!

What they teach in public and private are two very different things.

Thanks bro Blush

The subjects I have lots of knowledge on are rarely discussed here Wink

But this is one of my hangups Smile

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 2 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • DesertRose1, Tarikko

06-28-2016, 12:00 PM #7
rfseekinheart
Marshall
(06-28-2016, 11:30 AM)Sidhuriel Wrote:  It depends on the kind of Buddhism; it has a multitude of sects.

For instance; the Kadampa tradition (sect) is at war with the  traditionalTibetan tradition in some parts of Tibet.

http://info-buddhism.com/BBC-An_Unholy_Row.html

Buddhists (and the Dalai Lama) worship multiple gods; and this row is about one particular violent deity that's called Dorje Shugden. The Dalai Lama forbids his worship; but the Kadampa tradition continues to do so.

Shugden is a god of war; and his followers commit violent acts towards other Buddhists.

So no; not all Buddhism is peaceful.

Like with many mystery traditions it preaches one thing for the masses- and another for the initiates. In my time in a Buddhist monastery I learned about all these controversies and the different gods Buddhists worship. There is no defined tradition that can be called ''Buddhism''; there are many different sects that all have their own pantheon.

The origin of Buddhism was simple; and the Dalai Lama mostly preaches the simple stuff. But look at what he does; and you'll see that his religion is lot more complicated than just a bit of peace love and meditation Smile

Great info, did not know that, when you say look at what he does, could you elaborate if possible?

God is good
The following 2 users Like rfseekinheart's post:
  • DesertRose1, Tarikko

06-28-2016, 12:01 PM #8
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(06-28-2016, 12:00 PM)rfseekinheart Wrote:  Great info, did not know that, when you say look at what he does, could you elaborate if possible?

Ofcourse; I will when I had my dinner Smile

Be back with you in an hour or so.

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 3 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • DesertRose1, rfseekinheart, Tarikko

06-28-2016, 01:31 PM #9
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(06-28-2016, 12:00 PM)rfseekinheart Wrote:  Great info, did not know that, when you say look at what he does, could you elaborate if possible?

Well there's always two sides to a coin. The Dalai Lama presents a kind and compassionate image; but he is ruthless in his rejection of the Shugden community.

He has banned the practice of Dorje Shugden;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorje_Shugden_controversy

This article adresses murders on both sides too; it's really not pretty.

Note how the Dalai Lama says other things in English than in Tibetan when watching the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoaoQPbTC6g#t=157

Violence and persecution against Shugden practitioners is not uncommon in Tibet.

On the other hand; the Shugden community also responds with violence but these riots are not reported in Western media. They like to give the impression that everything is peaceful in Tibet but reality is very different. There is a lot of tension due to these internal difficulties and the Chinese occupation.

And he has some friends in high places too:

Why do you think that is?

This is what the western Shugden community is so angry about. There is anger on both sides; and this is internal strife.

Basically the Shugden side admits there is a violent side to Buddhism and worships a war god; and the other sides denies that and is ruthless in it's denial.

So Buddhism isn't entirely peaceful.
This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 01:37 PM by Sidhuriel.

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 4 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • yiksmes, Tarikko, DesertRose1, rfseekinheart