#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Conjuring 2

06-19-2016, 07:59 AM #1
miss_terry
Squire
According to the demon conjurer’s go-to guide, The Lesser Key of Solomon, a 17th century grimoire that acts a kind of Yellowpages of Hell, Valak (or Ualac, Valac, Valax, Valu, Valic, Volac) is none other than the Great President of Hell. Generally speaking, he’s hot shit in the demon world. Often depicted as riding a two-headed dragon and commanding 30 legions of demons, he takes on the visage of a small child with wings, which if you ask me, would have been way more terrifying than a nun in corpse paint.
Valak’s skill set also amounts to a lot more than floating legos around the room and spinning crosses. Even today, he’s often invoked by magical practitioners who are looking to find “true answers of hidden treasures”. He’s also known as being quite strong and not opposed to sharing that strength with those worthy of calling upon him. Not worthy? Well then, I’d hate to be you, because Valak will probably ruin your life, which happens a lot slower than it does in the movies.
Source: http://weekinweird.com/2016/06/14/the-tr...njuring-2/

Here's the real image of Valak:

What are your thoughts?

The following 3 users Like miss_terry's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

06-19-2016, 07:41 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I'm assuming you're talking about a movie? I don't really watch thrillers, horrors, or well...much of anything, really. So I have not seen what you're on about, but my guess is some idiot summons Valak and is deemed unworthy therefore havoc is wreaked?

I would strongly advise leaving such things alone. But hey, it's your life and your soul to f up if that's the choice you want to make.

As for dude appearing like a young boy? It's always kids. Lillith enjoys possessing young girls on Supernatural, there's little Damien in The Omen, Children of the Corn wouldn't be as disturbing if they were Adults of the Pumpkin Patch, there's The Ring or whatever it was with that ....double jointed? contortionist? little girl.... Too many creepy kids for me to recall. It's always kids! Even when they try to lure you, it's a baby's cry or child's voice. They love taking something innocent and pure and messing with it. I'd say it's one of the most "entertaining" things for them to do, possess children to terrorize everyone else. If I were a demon, I'd probably think it was a hilarious prank tbh....within reason. I wouldn't go full Lillith, but I'd probably walk around talking all eerie and acting deranged just to screw with the kids parents. Especially if they were people I didn't like. I wouldn't hurt anyone, I'd just have some fun at their expense and be omw.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job

06-19-2016, 08:18 PM #3
justjess
Chaplain
I left the theater about 15 minutes before the movie ended but there was no entity named valek up until that point.. Not sure what this thread is about or how it relates to the movie?

Wasn't even scary tbh. Hubby was getting bored so we left. Hopefully the last couple minutes were better but I'll catch it on demand when it goes there.
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-19-2016, 08:21 PM #4
Trenton
Justiciar
Actually saw this film last night. Weird lol

I looked into the Enfield haunting in brief a few years ago but have been meaning to read up on it more since watching the film.

Also wonder what Lorraine Warren thinks of the films.

Im sure by now most users know how I feel about Catholic exorcism. And dealings with demons in general... Which is i hate it. And I feel like they love to give demons more power by cursing at them for hours until the victim of such a possession is left badly wounded or dead.

Im guessing the film is hardly at all how the actual haunting went down IRL. Same with conjuring 1 and amityville, and Emily rose etc.
This post was last modified: 06-19-2016, 08:21 PM by Trenton.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-19-2016, 08:24 PM #5
justjess
Chaplain
Could u pm me how this movie ends? My husbands adhd pretty much makes it impossible for me to ever see a whole movie in the theater and it's annoying.
The following 2 users Like justjess's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

06-19-2016, 08:26 PM #6
Trenton
Justiciar
spoiler below sorry

(06-19-2016, 08:24 PM)justjess Wrote:  Could u pm me how this movie ends? My husbands adhd pretty much makes it impossible for me to ever see a whole movie in the theater and it's annoying.

Whoops spoiler Lmfao, didn't see this till I was done typing.
(06-19-2016, 08:18 PM)justjess Wrote:  I left the theater about 15 minutes before the movie ended but there was no entity named valek up until that point.. Not sure what this thread is about or how it relates to the movie?

Wasn't even scary tbh. Hubby was getting bored so we left. Hopefully the last couple minutes were better but I'll catch it on demand when it goes there.

The demon was named Valek, which was in the beginning of the film in the background of the warrens home, in several places.

Lorraine realised she knew his name by the last 10 mins of the film... She confronts him as the girl and ed hang out a window slipping to their doom, shouts "valek I condemn you to hell in the name of the trinity blah blah" and magically the demon screams, transforms into a stereotypical horned Satan thing and gets sucked back to hell in black smoke.

The end.

Lame.

I enjoyed the movie though from an entertainment pov. The family dynamic was really well acted. Make me cry in a few spots.
This post was last modified: 06-19-2016, 08:28 PM by Trenton.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
  • Thy Unveiling

06-19-2016, 08:35 PM #7
Trenton
Justiciar
(06-19-2016, 07:59 AM)miss_terry Wrote:   Valak (or Ualac, Valac, Valax, Valu, Valic, Volac) is none other than the Great President of Hell. Generally speaking, he’s hot shit in the demon world. Often depicted as riding a two-headed dragon and commanding 30 legions of demons, he takes on the visage of a small child with wings, which if you ask me, would have been way more terrifying than a nun in corpse paint.

Agreed. The cheese was strong in this film. Though the nun did scare me a bit in a few scenes. I was more into the "claymation" crooked man. He looked really cool.

• Thy Unveiling

06-19-2016, 08:37 PM #8
miss_terry
Squire
The story involves with this demon named Valak possessing the young girl.
I watched it already online, it wasn't kind scary though. I wonder if this is the real story from the couple's account?

The following 2 users Like miss_terry's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling

06-19-2016, 08:49 PM #9
Trenton
Justiciar
(06-19-2016, 08:37 PM)miss_terry Wrote:  The story involves with this demon named Valak possessing the young girl.
I watched it already online, it wasn't kind scary though. I wonder if this is the real story from the couple's account?

It was a high profile haunting from the late 70s. But as with all these type of haunting, the media blows it out of proportion.

I have no doubt Enfield and Amityville were haunted, but to what extent, no one will know unless they lived there when it happened.

I can guarantee, from the first conjuring film having so many outright fabrications in it, that this is certainly not what happened at all.

• Thy Unveiling

06-19-2016, 10:08 PM #10
justjess
Chaplain
Should've stayed for the end huh?
This post was last modified: 06-19-2016, 10:08 PM by justjess.
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • Trenton