#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

The advertisement

06-26-2015, 02:30 AM #1
Hey VC forum. 

I just have to say, i understand you need money to run this site. BUT. 
I find it peculiar that, we're here to expose hidden meanings about sex programming and "the elites messages". 
And while we do that... since i don't have adblock, i am bombarded with advertisement about; 
"how to make money fast!!"
"loose 50 pounds in 3 days with this fruit that eats your fat!!!"

essentially i am exposed to how to only care about sex and money.

I like the site and VC's posts.
I find it ironic is all. 

Have a good one ya'll.
This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 02:31 AM by freedmind.

only love can

06-26-2015, 03:02 AM #2
I think it may have something to do with cookies or whatever you call it. The sites your visit and the things you search for go into your advertising space. Like say if I am looking up workouts on youtube and looking up articles on training, then I would probably be getting hit with protein supplements, shakes, and performance enhancements in general.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."

06-26-2015, 03:11 AM #3
Hmm... then I should get advertisement about... buying airplanes or something Tongue

I doubt it's that specific; the target audience for "get rich fast now", and, "be sexy and everyone will like you!!" is: EVERYONE.

Thanks That1kid
This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 05:38 AM by freedmind.

only love can

06-26-2015, 08:12 AM #4
Some of the ads are randomly generated by Google I believe, but others are picked based on your cookies. The links at the bottom of the page never seem to change though. You won't find many forums without ads of course, it's how you keep the forums running smoothly. Of course in the case of bigger forums (though this version of VCF isn't nearly as big as past versions yet) you probably only need a fraction of the ad revenue you are receiving to keep the forums open, the rest is just icing on the cake.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

06-26-2015, 10:13 AM #5
One was an ad for some workout or something, but it was surfer sticking her butt in the air like a damn baboon lol seriously though......
This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 10:16 AM by MaryJane.