#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Game - Ingress

06-17-2016, 11:08 AM #1
hitsoft
Squire
finally made the 10 posts so I can start a thread. 
I'm reading VC for a while now. And starting to see interesting things.

I want to discuss a game with you guys. I hope you will hear me out. Because i'm still new for you..

The game is called Ingress, it is a augmented reality game on your mobile device. I really like to play the game BUT, symbols rule the world not words right?
I'll discuss the symbols but first the words. The game is 'The Englightment' against 'The Resistance'. Green against Blue.

The Enlightened faction wants to help Shapers to infiltrate Earth, and they believe that Shapers will help humankind evolve and that they will bring enlightenment to all people. The Enlightened are represented by the color green in the game.

The Resistance faction fights to save the Earth from Shapers. The Enlightened say that the Resistance fears change and a better world. But the Resistance believes that the Shaper invasion will be the end of humankind, and they want to stop it. The Resistance are represented by the color blue in the game.

What are the so called shapers? There is a storyline that goes about transhumanisme as well. 

I like to know what you think about this game and the symbols:

As you can see there are some interesting symbols. Those symbols you see above is are badges you can ear because of your work as an 'agent'.

Some names for the symbols are:

Illuminator  

Mind controller

Also an interesting symbol is the symbol you received if you as a player introduced Apple players to the gamy.

Or 'Seer', where you as an agent need to upload new portals:

Well I hope to hear what you think.
This post was last modified: 06-17-2016, 11:10 AM by hitsoft.
The following 4 users Like hitsoft's post:
  • MaryJane, Trenton, SheWatches, Thy Unveiling

06-17-2016, 11:26 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Unholy cannoli! That's extremely blatant! I have never heard of that game before. Tbh I literally only ever play Animal Crossing these days. (Which has some symbolism itself, and sometimes npc's say some extremely messed up things, like "Oh, it's just you! I thought it was an exciting nighttime raid!" with a look of disappointment. Because, y'know, that's perfectly normal....)

I don't even know what to say or where to begin about your game... Red and blue instantly bring to mind The Matrix. The symbols, titles, and storyline say it all right there (while, of course, making The Enlightened sound so well-meaning and all this fighting is just a horrible misunderstanding! Pfft....)

Y'know, has anyone started a video games thread yet? If not, we should really have one.... I'm going to go check the Search function...

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • MaryJane, SheWatches

07-16-2016, 01:36 PM #3
SheWatches
Justiciar
We could look at this game another way: that the makers are trying to educate the public about how the world is really run.  That' what I'd like to think about that video game that's about a CERN-like facility but uses the actual faces of the top engineers & scientist of CERN... forgot it's name.

Same thing with that card game that came out in the 80's/90's: Illuminati the Card Game.  Created by a smart guy who wants you to know how the world of power actually works.

Thank you for taking the time to post those images, hitsoft.  They are good graphics that get the point across fast.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 1 user Likes SheWatches's post:
  • hitsoft

07-16-2016, 06:27 PM #4
Al Mualim
Knight
Also I want to make it clear.

The game company developer is Niantic. The same company that has made Pokemon Go. They made Ingress 3 years ago (which is based on location/tagging/collecting points). A lot of people online say Pokemon Go is a simpler version of Ingress using the same augmented reality gameplay.

Sleepy
(from Ingress wiki)
Ingress is partly supported by advertising. Companies can pay for their locations to be used as portals in the game, thus making their stores a pilgrimage site for Ingress players, which may translate into real-world sales.
This post was last modified: 07-16-2016, 06:33 PM by Al Mualim. Edit Reason: Added extra info.

Are you fulfilling the rights of your Lord, body, family and place of work?
Peace be upon you! 
The following 4 users Like Al Mualim's post:
  • hitsoft, MaryJane, Trenton, SheWatches

07-16-2016, 06:40 PM #5
SheWatches
Justiciar
(07-16-2016, 06:27 PM)Al Mualim Wrote:  Also I want to make it clear.

The game company developer is Niantic. The same company that has made Pokemon Go. They made Ingress 3 years ago (which is based on location/tagging/collecting points). A lot of people online say Pokemon Go is a simpler version of Ingress using the same augmented reality gameplay.

(from Ingress wiki)
Ingress is partly supported by advertising. Companies can pay for their locations to be used as portals in the game, thus making their stores a pilgrimage site for Ingress players, which may translate into real-world sales.

Whoa.  Then I take back all I said above.

Thanks for the information, Al Mualim.

So you were right to be suspicious of Ingress, hitsoft. Blush

The following 4 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • hitsoft, MaryJane, Trenton, Al Mualim

07-17-2016, 09:00 AM #6
MaryJane
Marshall
(07-16-2016, 06:27 PM)Al Mualim Wrote:  Also I want to make it clear.

Sleepy
(from Ingress wiki)

I knew it! I've been saying all week that Pokemon Go was a giant marketing ploy.

07-20-2016, 03:10 AM #7
hitsoft
Squire
Yea exactly. It is bassicly the same game.

As I tolled you before Ingress = Niantic = Google. I don't really trust google.

The stupid part. I realy enjoy playing this games ?.
But it is all data informatie. Google is making there maps only more accurute by using phones and not google cars to picture them. They now now all the short cuts.

And now with pokemon they have moving pictures.
And as we could see with ingress they can move masses of people. They did that with special events but with pokemon they move mases of people just constantly.

That's very disturbing. They walk mindlessly.
If you want to get roads blokked just trow a very rare pokemon on the road.
The following 2 users Like hitsoft's post:
  • SheWatches, MaryJane

07-20-2016, 01:10 PM #8
SheWatches
Justiciar
I still think the action movie Kingsman: The Secret Service  foreshadowed this mobile phone app global phenom scenario, only without the eco-terrorist crap.