#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Best Way To Watch Music Videos Without Getting Illuminatified?

06-15-2016, 03:57 PM #1
The Winter Soldier
Marshall
Ok!
So to look for symbolism I've taken to watching Bart Baker.
He calls out all the flaws (such as saying that they all act like sex-crazed meat) in a music parody. He imitates the video exactly, making sure to get the set right and everything.
He even copies their dancing and movement in order to make fun of them.

If you don't mind swearing, it's a good and funny way to see the new popular music videos without having to listen to lame illuminati worshipping lyrics.

(He made a parody of Jennifer Lopez's Booty song. I probably died laughing when he said "we are the illuminati of booty!")

Quote:
"I try to show mercy and forgiveness because Jesus calls us to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

Some people seem to be obscenely proud of themselves for making that difficult."~Joshscorcher

The following 2 users Like The Winter Soldier's post:
  • Freetoday, Thy Unveiling

06-16-2016, 06:20 AM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I tried making a thread about him around when these forums first opened, but it seems nobody here really knows or cares who he is. I may give that a bump after this.

While I do appreciate Bart saying it how it is (more than his target audience realizes he is), I still don't trust him. He's basically the musical parody version of controlled opposition. And he arrogantly crowned himself the king of parody meanwhile that crown will forever belong to Weird Al. If anything, Bart is the brat prince of parody. But even after Al dies, Bart will still remain the brat prince. At the end of the day, Bart is still only a step above "Literal Music Videos" and a truly talented parody artist can write a song that is still funny without visual aids. Bart has yet to achieve that. "Swag swag swag swag swag" isn't hilarious without Justin's arm-flapping bird dance. About the only thing he does that's funny without the video is his Iggy Azalea grunty-noise-things.

But yes, he does "give a lot away" in his lyrics. I do love him for that.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Vytas, Freetoday

06-16-2016, 12:02 PM #3
The Winter Soldier
Marshall
(06-16-2016, 06:20 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  I tried making a thread about him around when these forums first opened, but it seems nobody here really knows or cares who he is. I may give that a bump after this.

While I do appreciate Bart saying it how it is (more than his target audience realizes he is), I still don't trust him. He's basically the musical parody version of controlled opposition. And he arrogantly crowned himself the king of parody meanwhile that crown will forever belong to Weird Al. If anything, Bart is the brat prince of parody. But even after Al dies, Bart will still remain the brat prince. At the end of the day, Bart is still only a step above "Literal Music Videos" and a truly talented parody artist can write a song that is still funny without visual aids. Bart has yet to achieve that. "Swag swag swag swag swag" isn't hilarious without Justin's arm-flapping bird dance. About the only thing he does that's funny without the video is his Iggy Azalea grunty-noise-things.

But yes, he does "give a lot away" in his lyrics. I do love him for that.

Yes! I love his Iggy Izalea impression! Smile
Weird Al will always be the king of Parodies and no matter how many try they will never win.

I mean, Bart Baker's Taylor Swift ones hit it right on the mark.
My friend hates me because I began singing the lyrics when they were calling her the devil.

He still can't top Weird Al, because of the fact that one is child friendly (and was on MLP) while the other...swears quite a bit.
But both haven't failed to make me laugh.

Quote:
"I try to show mercy and forgiveness because Jesus calls us to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

Some people seem to be obscenely proud of themselves for making that difficult."~Joshscorcher

The following 1 user Likes The Winter Soldier's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

06-16-2016, 12:55 PM #4
Coffee
Squire
Just don't watch them. 

I've cut out all pop culture music from my listening. I mostly listen to acoustic or christian music. Listening to pop music is like watching commercials constantly.
The following 4 users Like Coffee's post:
  • Vytas, Freetoday, Thy Unveiling, The Winter Soldier

06-16-2016, 01:12 PM #5
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Ohmigosh! Another Al fan here! Finally!!!! *squeeeee!!!!* okay, teen girl moment over! But I think we shall get along just fine Big Grin

I do really love a lot of Bart's videos!

Have you checked out nigahiga (Ryan Higa) at all? He does a wide variety of videos (recently he did a k-pop video basically pointing out how you can sing anything and a large majority of the audience would have no idea. With such brilliant lyrics such as "You are a girl. I am a hat." The chorus is not necessarily sfw, but it is literal bathroom humour.) and has recently begun doing his brand on CT videos. He may be mocking us, and I'm wondering about him lately, but he does such a great job and he is actually rather convincing. If I weren't on my phone, I'd post No Dong Saya Dae (the k-pop video) or his Beyonce Lemonade one.

My absolute favourite Bart song thus far is his Austin Mahone one. Absolutely brilliant and so bang on in too many ways! But oh my goodness, that swag match....I giggle just thinking about it....and their Lance Bass, omg I love it! And his Pretty Girls video and that first Fifth Harmony one are WAY better than the originals! (Also, Alex Farnham makes a gorgeous Britney!)

Oooh that reminds me! My mtf (male-to-female) roommate pointed out that Mr Baker and Farnham seem to be a little *toooo* comfortable in drag. More so than when they're, well, guys. Not saying they're necessarily a certain way, so to speak, but anyways, they do seem to prefer doing videos as girls and they do it very well.

His Drake "Started From the Bottom" one was sadly accurate yet hilariously portrayed gold. For some reason "Took it in the bottom, now I'm signed" rang through my head as I thought about him in drag.

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Winter Soldier

06-17-2016, 03:27 AM #6
The Winter Soldier
Marshall
(06-16-2016, 12:55 PM)Coffee Wrote:  Just don't watch them. 

I've cut out all pop culture music from my listening. I mostly listen to acoustic or christian music. Listening to pop music is like watching commercials constantly.

Yeah, I know.
I do that too.
But VC sometimes doesn't get every single thing covered, it happens rarely but it's true...also it makes for an interesting forum post if you find something new.
Anything to get people's minds thinking and not be hating and trolling each other.

Quote:

• Thy Unveiling

06-17-2016, 03:33 AM #7
The Winter Soldier
Marshall
(06-16-2016, 01:12 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Ohmigosh! Another Al fan here! Finally!!!! *squeeeee!!!!* okay, teen girl moment over! But I think we shall get along just fine Big Grin

I do really love a lot of Bart's videos!

Have you checked out nigahiga (Ryan Higa) at all? He does a wide variety of videos (recently he did a k-pop video basically pointing out how you can sing anything and a large majority of the audience would have no idea. With such brilliant lyrics such as "You are a girl. I am a hat." The chorus is not necessarily sfw, but it is literal bathroom humour.) and has recently begun doing his brand on CT videos. He may be mocking us, and I'm wondering about him lately, but he does such a great job and he is actually rather convincing. If I weren't on my phone, I'd post No Dong Saya Dae (the k-pop video) or his Beyonce Lemonade one.

My absolute favourite Bart song thus far is his Austin Mahone one. Absolutely brilliant and so bang on in too many ways! But oh my goodness, that swag match....I giggle just thinking about it....and their Lance Bass, omg I love it! And his Pretty Girls video and that first Fifth Harmony one are WAY better than the originals! (Also, Alex Farnham makes a gorgeous Britney!)

Oooh that reminds me! My mtf (male-to-female) roommate pointed out that Mr Baker and Farnham seem to be a little *toooo* comfortable in drag. More so than when they're, well, guys. Not saying they're necessarily a certain way, so to speak, but anyways, they do seem to prefer doing videos as girls and they do it very well.

His Drake "Started From the Bottom" one was sadly accurate yet hilariously portrayed gold. For some reason "Took it in the bottom, now I'm signed" rang through my head as I thought about him in drag.

Lol, I never noticed the bottom thing...I wonder if he reads up on conspiracies before he writes?
My favorite Bart Baker song would have to be Trouble...it was the first one I listened to and I've never laughed so hard in my life!
I've never heard of Farnham. I'll have to check him out.
I'm gonna guess that making fun of artists is his passion and that's why he rolls with everything?
I mean, I'd like to do cosplay one day and if it means being a favorite character of mine I'm down for it.
For my sister's birthday party I scared all her (not exactly mine anymore) friends dressed as...my name. lol! :p
This post was last modified: 06-17-2016, 03:34 AM by The Winter Soldier.

Quote:

• Thy Unveiling

06-17-2016, 04:00 AM #8
GentleWhisperer
Knight
I stick to Christian music videos strictly only. I really do believe that there are spiritual forces behind the music, so there has to be more to it than just the symbolism itself. I know at work when I am stuck listening to the worldly music, it has a strange way of changing my moods and my emotional state as well as my thoughts. When I get off, I pop in my headphones and crank up the worship music! The difference it makes is unmistakable. I feel like an oppressive dark cloud that weighs heavy is lifted and I even become more energized. All my moods and emotional state are elevated. 

If I watch a Christian music video and detect any kind of symbolism, I stopped listening to that band.
Like Hillsong for example. They sold out  Sad
What is the big deal about triangles and pyramids? Why couldn't it be squares? Lol!
This post was last modified: 06-17-2016, 04:19 AM by GentleWhisperer.
The following 3 users Like GentleWhisperer's post:
  • Vytas, The Winter Soldier, Thy Unveiling

06-18-2016, 03:06 PM #9
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I have nothing against Christian music. Once, a few years ago, I was trying to get over a really bad breakup. I didn't want to listen to my regular music because everything reminded me of him, so I popped in this Christian CD a girl had once given me (she'd said this one song reminded her of me, so she wanted me to have it.) Honestly? Not good music for me getting over a breakup. I mean this with absolutely no disrespect whatsoever, but they were pretty much all love songs to God and Jesus. Which is great, truly, both undeniably deserving of love songs being written about them. But when the last thing you want to hear is a love song, well, I'm sorry but those lyrics could easily be sung about anyone if you take out the names Jesus and God. Honestly, the Christian music that night did not help me at all. But that's just me, and that's just one occasion.

The spirits in this house don't allow me to have a working CD player for long. I miss my CDs. Some good ol' Panic at the Disco's "Pretty Odd" album always set me at peace. Maybe that's why they break my CD players. It's not Hanson or Spice Girls that they hate; it's my singing! Sad

Winter, I think Bart's probably In with Them, tbh. I suspect it of my dearest Al as well. But I do like that Bart has a tendency to say what's going on. "We've been hypnotizing you to like this song" I'm sure there's more to the purpose of the hypnosis, but it's still putting it out there. I think he's pretty much comedic controlled opposition.

The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Winter Soldier, GentleWhisperer

06-18-2016, 06:08 PM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Forgot; Alex Farnham is in a number of Bart's videos (some roles he played are Zayn Malik, Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, Charlie SEX in the Fancy video...) He has his own channel as well, dammitsgood, but most-not all- of his videos are basically commercials. Funny music video style commercials, but ads nonetheless. Although his reaction video to Zayn leaving 1D (in terrible drag, I must say) was brilliant in how frighteningly accurate his acting is.