#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Relationships

06-25-2015, 10:06 PM #1
Bakou
Marshall
There used to be a thread focusing on relationships (finding love, dating and all) on the old forum and I think it could be a good thing for it to be back. I was not good with women back then and I'm not really better at it as of now. The old thread was a place where we could ask advices or questions to others about relationships. I think it can be a good thing to have a second opinion on those matters, even if we have to make the final call ourselves.

There is a lot of people alone out there, so I don't think I'm the only one who could use a thread like this.
The following 3 users Like Bakou's post:
  • slave_of_God, Trenton, The Creeper

06-25-2015, 10:10 PM #2
justjess
Chaplain
are you talking about douglass halls thread?
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • slave_of_God

06-26-2015, 12:19 AM #3
Bakou
Marshall
(06-25-2015, 10:10 PM)justjess Wrote:  are you talking about douglass halls thread?

Can't remember the name of anybody, but it was mainly one dude taking the questions. With some advides from some posters, here and there.
The following 1 user Likes Bakou's post:
  • slave_of_God

06-26-2015, 12:30 AM #4
justjess
Chaplain
yea that was douglas hall's thread.. he left a long time ago and havent seen him since. but if u want to try a thread like that u should start it. might work.
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • slave_of_God

07-10-2015, 07:03 AM #5
Bakou
Marshall
Ok, I was waiting to have a question and have one now.

I met this girl on sunday doing an outdoor activitiy with many people and I asked her on monday using Facebook if she was the same girl from sunday and she said yes. She then added me as a «friend» on Fb (she knew what I wanted, it was obvious) and we talked a little on monday late in the evening (still on Fb). I asked her a question wednesday evening (still on Fb Big Grin ) and  by te time she got to my question we talked for an hour on thursday morning, before she left for work (she's also a student, so I guess it's her summer job).

My friend told me to wait a few days before I talk to her again and that make sense. But after a few days, is it too soon to make a «move»? I talked to her on sunday about a book that I have and she showed interest in it. I could tell her that the book is at our local library (it is), or that we could meet so she could borrow the book from me. We could meet just for a few minutes or maybe more, if she wants to. My friend don't know if it's too soon because he doesn't know her. What do you think out there? Too soon or not?

I think she likes me, but it may be just as a friend ( I have no idea). Should I keep talking to her on facebook for a while before asking for a real date or the book idea is a good idea (I'm waiting for tuesday, as she is out on monday anyway)? The «problem» with the book idea is that she may anwser that she will pick it up at our local library or we may see each others just for a few minutes. It would not be as  clear as asking for a date straight up and I could end up not knowing where to stand with this girl.

Thank you.
This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 07:04 AM by Bakou.
  • slave_of_God

07-10-2015, 07:55 AM #6
Briandao
Chaplain
Can it be used to help those who are in a relationship?

Like, what not to say when your girlfriend looks fat in her dress...

That black eye still hurts.  Angel

(This was a joke, I actually never called her fat or anything else about her appearance that is not a compliment)

Just want to be crystal clear with y'all.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 3 users Like Briandao's post:
  • slave_of_God, Trenton, Tarikko

07-10-2015, 08:42 AM #7
Bakou
Marshall
(07-10-2015, 07:55 AM)Briandao Wrote:  Can it be used to help those who are in a relationship?

(This was a joke, I actually never called her fat or anything else about her appearance that is not a compliment)

Yes it can be used in that way (I hope to get there someday Sad ). The old one was used in that way as well and that's what I wanted for this one. It's pretty large.

Now I hope somebody will see my question....
  • slave_of_God

07-10-2015, 08:49 AM #8
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(07-10-2015, 07:55 AM)Briandao Wrote:  Can it be used to help those who are in a relationship?

There's two ways you can go about this hypothetical situation. You can either tell her straight up that she looks fat in her dress or you can give her subtle hints here and there and hopefully she can deal with it. This only works provided you're not obese yourself because then you'll just look like a hypocrite.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 6 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • slave_of_God, HongKongHoward, Chief Commander, Tarikko, The Creeper, cameronjcw

07-10-2015, 08:55 AM #9
cameronjcw
Justiciar
Ugh I prefer my own company these days, always have just didnt realize it, relationships are just too much. I am meant to be an old spinster with cats tbh lol
The following 3 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • slave_of_God, Lion, The Creeper

07-10-2015, 12:19 PM #10
monkey
Marshall
How did you find her on FB? Do you guys have such distinctive names or is Sweden really small or you're just really good at *stalking*? Tongue

(07-10-2015, 08:49 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  

There's two ways you can go about this hypothetical situation. You can either tell her straight up that she looks fat in her dress or you can give her subtle hints here and there and hopefully she can deal with it. This only works provided you're not obese yourself because then you'll just look like a hypocrite.

You should know we don't ask that for an "honest" answer Big Grin
This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM by monkey.
The following 2 users Like monkey's post:
  • slave_of_God, Bakou