#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Big Book Topic

05-28-2015, 06:35 PM #1
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
I love books. I've been a reading addict even before I could read (comics Wink ) and some of my most precious memories are about stories I've read.
I was wondering, are there some fellow bookworms on this site? Maybe we could discuss books we are reading at the moment, or ones we read in the past. At the moment I have finals, so I must admit I'm reading a thriller... Just for entertainment (Susan Hill - The Risk of Darkness).
I would love to know what all of you guys are reading, and what your favourite author or book is?

I'm still seeing my precious hobby apart from all this conspiracy, but I guess I have a lot to learn

05-28-2015, 06:46 PM #2
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
(05-28-2015, 06:35 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  I love books. I've been a reading addict even before I could read (comics Wink ) and some of my most precious memories are about stories I've read.
I was wondering, are there some fellow bookworms on this site? Maybe we could discuss books we are reading at the moment, or ones we read in the past. At the moment I have finals, so I must admit I'm reading a thriller... Just for entertainment (Susan Hill - The Risk of Darkness).
I would love to know what all of you guys are reading, and what your favourite author or book is?

I'm still seeing my precious hobby apart from all this conspiracy, but I guess I have a lot to learn

LOVE this topic!

I read a lot, and I try to switch it up. Right now I'm trying to get through Eric Fromm's The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness, but its a slog.

My all time favorite off the top of my head is Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Good luck on your finals too!
This post was last modified: 05-28-2015, 06:48 PM by RiderOfKarma.

05-28-2015, 06:53 PM #3
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
thanks, I'm gonna need all the luck since this new forum is giving me way too much reasons for postponing my studies... Hitchhiker is on my to-read list for years, I'll push it foward a little more Smile

05-28-2015, 06:55 PM #4
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
(05-28-2015, 06:53 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  thanks, I'm gonna need all the luck since this new forum is giving me way too much reasons for postponing my studies... Hitchhiker is on my to-read list for years, I'll push it foward a little more Smile

I know, I'm way too addicted already, lol. Do check it out, its a real trip. Philosophical and funny, a great mix! *gives the side eye to the very unfunny Fromm*

05-28-2015, 07:00 PM #5
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
I was at my local library today and I FINALLY borrowed 'brave new world', (in Dutch Angel ) can't believe I haven't read this classic yet..

05-28-2015, 07:01 PM #6
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
(05-28-2015, 07:00 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  I was at my local library today and I FINALLY borrowed 'brave new world', (in Dutch Angel ) can't believe I haven't read this classic yet..

Oh you'll get a kick out of that for sure! Come back after you read it and I'm sure lots of people will be down for a discussion here.

05-28-2015, 07:06 PM #7
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
Quote:Oh you'll get a kick out of that for sure! Come back after you read it and I'm sure lots of people will be down for a discussion here.

GRRR I have this huge pile of books waiting for me, don't tempt me :p give me 3 more weeks and I'll finish it. Did you read/like it?

05-28-2015, 07:09 PM #8
RiderOfKarma
Marshall
(05-28-2015, 07:06 PM)SabethaPenguin Wrote:  
Quote:Oh you'll get a kick out of that for sure! Come back after you read it and I'm sure lots of people will be down for a discussion here.

GRRR I have this huge pile of books waiting for me, don't tempt me :p give me 3 more weeks and I'll finish it. Did you read/like it?

Hahaha, yes & yes! Its a true classic. The amazing forsight (or insider knowledge mayhaps?) of Aldous Huxley is astonishing.

05-28-2015, 07:21 PM #9
SabethaPenguin
Marshall
I'll get back to you once I've finished it Smile

05-28-2015, 07:23 PM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I don't really get much time to read actual books these days. I used to be addicted to VC Andrews up until Willow. That book turned me right off from the ghost writers work under the dead woman's name. (I also feel they're just milking a cash cow at this point. I doubt she left that many unfinished manuscripts, synopsis', etc behind that there'd be stories churning out about 20 years or so after her death. And writing about vampires? Really? Doesn't seem her style. Yes, one of the more recent series jumped on that bandwagon!)

My taste jumps all over the place.