#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Movie "The Witch"

06-03-2016, 05:22 PM #1
awake
Squire
I just finished watching the movie "The Witch." I enjoy watching scary movies, heard decent reviews about the movie, so I decided to rent it. I shouldn't have watched it. The movie was disturbing. I decided to read an analysis of the movie, wondering if there was something already posted on Vigilant Citizen, and came across several articles stating that the Satanic Temple endorsed the movie and held several screening parties with occult rituals. Satanic Temple followers state that the movie shows positive themes of feminism and should be watched. I cannot believe I watched this movie. I would have never watched a movie endorsed by a group like this. Since when do groups like this endorse movies? Did anyone watch the movie and wonder if they were part of something more sinister?

I am linking an article from Variety magazine that discusses this movie's endorsement:

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/...201711408/
This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 05:25 PM by awake.
The following 1 user Likes awake's post:
  • Serveto

06-03-2016, 07:08 PM #2
justjess
Chaplain
I saw it. It sucked. Nothing scary about the damn thing at all.. My husband walked out of the theater early and shouted "this sucks" and the entire theater applauded him. It was a really shitty movie.

In the reviews I read afterwards they said it was supposed to be a commentary about the demonization of female sexuality. Which I can see.. But not what I signed up for. Stupid shitty movie.
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • Serveto

06-04-2016, 12:33 AM #3
GentleWhisperer
Knight
I was fairly disturbed after watching this movie. My boyfriend and I were frustrated at the beginning trying to understand what they were saying because we both found the hard English hard to understand and the sound quality wasn't so great either. Eventually we had to turn the closed captioning on and watch it subtitles! What I found the most to be disturbing about the movie is the how the spiritual realm was working behind the scenes and you really didn't get to figure that out until the mid point when the little kept singing that song about the goat, black Phillip. The horrid scenes for me were to see and know the baby was killed and it's blood and body parts were used for her to rub them all over her naked body....so gross. Not to mention a full grown woman kiss a little boy in a sensual manner, the possession, the crow pecking away at the Katherine's nipple as she thought she was breastfeeding her baby. How Thomasin had to kill her own mother and then watch her father be gouged by the goat and crushed by the logs.  Oh and the witch feeding from the goat's tit.
The very end was just as bad because you knew that the two kids were the sacrifice being burned (most likely) alive at the very end. Maybe it was a real eye opener of what probably most likely happens on the real world of practicing witches/occult and the luciferians. They are always trying to give ua a glance into their dark world and how things work for them. Why wouldn't they want us to know? Why wouldn't they want to expose us to their way of life? Folk lore my buttox.
The following 1 user Likes GentleWhisperer's post:
  • Serveto

06-04-2016, 03:24 AM #4
GentleWhisperer
Knight
I found this video that explains the movie very well with great detail, this guy nails it to my satisfaction. 
Check it out.

06-06-2016, 08:13 PM #5
awake
Squire
I agree with all replies. Interesting thing is that I had never heard about this group and now I read that they are coming to California to hold a ritual to protect Lancaster, California, today 6-6-16 at 6PM. 
I can't add the link of the CBS article.
The following 1 user Likes awake's post:
  • GentleWhisperer