#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Sims 4 Removes Gender + Everything To Do With It

06-03-2016, 11:20 AM #1
Coffee
Squire
"Starting this Thursday, a free update will let your unique little Sim freely try out clothing, hairstyles, and various aesthetic options–including physique and voice selections–as well as switch genders in-game and choose which Sims will reproduce."

http://nerdist.com/the-sims-4-update-removes-gender-restrictions-on-customization/

The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • colson

06-03-2016, 11:29 AM #2
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(06-03-2016, 11:20 AM)Coffee Wrote:  "Starting this Thursday, a free update will let your unique little Sim freely try out clothing, hairstyles, and various aesthetic options–including physique and voice selections–as well as switch genders in-game and choose which Sims will reproduce."

http://nerdist.com/the-sims-4-update-removes-gender-restrictions-on-customization/

Where are the men in that picture?

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Annonymous Damsel, Tarikko

06-03-2016, 11:45 AM #3
Coffee
Squire
(06-03-2016, 11:29 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  
(06-03-2016, 11:20 AM)Coffee Wrote:  "Starting this Thursday, a free update will let your unique little Sim freely try out clothing, hairstyles, and various aesthetic options–including physique and voice selections–as well as switch genders in-game and choose which Sims will reproduce."

Where are the men in that picture?

If I had to guess, the "men" are on the left and right in dresses. Sims has removed any way to play with a gender in the game, so there are no longer men or women... just humans you can assign traits like childbirth, wide shoulders, etc.

06-03-2016, 12:25 PM #4
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(06-03-2016, 11:45 AM)Coffee Wrote:  If I had to guess, the "men" are on the left and right in dresses. Sims has removed any way to play with a gender in the game, so there are no longer men or women... just humans you can assign traits like childbirth, wide shoulders, etc.

Don't worry human civilizations always go back to equilibrium. This decadent society is nearly at its peak and from there will reset and will return back to normal. It won't be an easy one but it has to be done as it has been in every civilization. What has happened before will happen again.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 12:26 PM by Kung Fu.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 6 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • bbsion, Tarikko, BaronAmity, Delta Blues, Freetoday, Cookie_Monster

06-03-2016, 01:46 PM #5
NoirKnowlegde
Squire
I don't see the point in doing this like...why??? Sims 4 has a whole host of other issues they need to fix, yet this is what they choose to focus on?

06-07-2016, 03:08 AM #6
Corvus Metus
Marshall
(06-03-2016, 01:46 PM)NoirKnowlegde Wrote:  I don't see the point in doing this like...why??? Sims 4 has a whole host of other issues they need to fix, yet this is what they choose to focus on?

Since EA publishes the game and when they aren't promoting the military industrial complex with Battlefield, or vapid consumerism/sports worship with Madden and FIFA, they like to show how progressive they are.  Back when Dragon Age: Inquistion came out, they made a huge deal how they offered gay romances options in their role-playing games...

Funny thing is fifteen years late, since Fallout 2 did it first, in '99.   It's PR bullshit, really.

I've come to see in the Land of the Free,  there's only a future for the chosen few.
Billy Bragg - To Have And To Have Not
The following 1 user Likes Corvus Metus's post:
  • Tarikko

06-11-2016, 06:38 AM #7
markymark1991
Marshall
Sims games are crap you have a life live it dont waste your time on sims. get out there and enjoy life

07-09-2016, 01:38 AM #8
eyeswideshut
Squire
(06-03-2016, 01:46 PM)NoirKnowlegde Wrote:  I don't see the point in doing this like...why??? Sims 4 has a whole host of other issues they need to fix, yet this is what they choose to focus on?
Because sadly supporting gays and trans has become "mainstream" (and no, i'm not saying that supporting them is bad or that is only a trend, i support them as well, but sadly nowadays people are doing it because is a big topic, is mainstream and is a easy way to get attention), and this will become a HUGE thing in the gaming industry.

More attention = more sales

Everybody is looking for the paradise lost. . .
The following 1 user Likes eyeswideshut's post:
  • Trenton

07-09-2016, 03:09 PM #9
The Winter Soldier
Marshall
What?!
"Everything to do with it?"
I thought the sims was about getting your sim into social life, settling down and having a baby.
You can't do that anymore and you have to chose who you want to have it? It makes no sense and just seems like they complicated it!
What elohssa decided that would be a good idea?
Actually, I don't care who did it, they don't know the working of their own game.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2016, 03:11 PM by The Winter Soldier. Edit Reason: Typo

Quote:
"I try to show mercy and forgiveness because Jesus calls us to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

Some people seem to be obscenely proud of themselves for making that difficult."~Joshscorcher

07-19-2016, 06:21 AM #10
curiouspotato
Squire
(06-11-2016, 06:38 AM)markymark1991 Wrote:  Sims games are crap you have a life live it dont waste your time on sims. get out there and enjoy life

I think games like this are fine in moderation. I've been playing the Sims for years, but I still know to play it sparingly. I try to keep a balance between work and play.
The following 1 user Likes curiouspotato's post:
  • JayGirl