#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Deutche Bank ATM's go down on a friday due to a technical glitch

06-03-2016, 10:56 AM #1
Its no secret that DB are up shit creek without a paddle. There have been rumblings for months now that Europes biggest bank is facing massive liquidity problems. 50 Trillion Euros  in drivatives exposure, to put that in perspective, that is 10 x Europesan GDP.
now reports are coming out that they are shutting down customer terminals over the weekend:

Isn't it strange that a technical glitch occurs on the busiest day of the week for ATM's and that just happens to coincide with the worst monthly US Job stats report since 2010.

I do hope these banksters are actually telling the truth for a change.

When Deutche bank fails, I would expect Citigroup and Barclays to be not so far behind, then its most likely "goodnight vienna" With zero interest rate, your money is safest under your mattress. I never thought I would see the day when I uttered those words

If Deutche bank branches are  closed on Monday this could be very serious indeed..
The following 2 users Like truthordare's post:
  • Pomegranate, Serendipity

06-03-2016, 04:59 PM #2
I can't even imagine what would happen if they filed for bankruptcy. I doubt they will though. 

I think it was a mistake when they let Lehman go bankrupt as it had more consequences on the markets than anyone imagined. They will be probably be bailed out by the government but it would be at the expense of the taxpayers.

There was no other solution at the time, however, the governments should implement regulations on the compensations. The compensations in Wallstreet in 2009 reached a record high and were even higher than before crisis. 

Everyone thought that what happened in 2008 would teach us a thing or two about managing risks. People never learn and greed always win.

"Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless