#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The one thing that stops many believing in God.

05-30-2016, 10:56 PM #1
rfseekinheart
Marshall
Why does God allow Satan to exist?

The following 1 user Likes rfseekinheart's post:
  • The Creeper

05-30-2016, 11:40 PM #2
quarterback
Squire
the saying goes that the best trick the devil ever pulled is convincing the world that he doesn't exist.  in my experience god does the same.

i never asked for evil to enter my life, nor did i genuinely ask god to relieve me.  i put it down to man being born corrupt fuckers just.

if there is a god then i'd like to find him in my own way, not forced upon me.  those who fiercely believe in god do so on faith which can leave them renderless and take a back seat in their own lives and destiny.  but damn that means that the evil wont face eternal damnation which sucks.

i have questions about black magic and occultism.  if that exists then there must be some sort of otherworldly existence, no ?
The following 1 user Likes quarterback's post:
  • The Creeper

05-31-2016, 03:19 AM #3
The Creeper
Chaplain
Good question, one I'm sure we have all pondered before.

There could be a few different reasons. I don't completely share every belief expressed in the video in the OP, but I do agree with the point he made about the Glory of God looking all the more magnificent when you can find it right next to sin, pain, death and suffering...

Another reason I believe God doesn't simply destroy Satan is because the devil is one of God's creations, and He is a merciful God.

Allowing the shayteen to run amok on earth could have all been a part of God's master plan all along. "He knows what we do not"

@quarterback

Evidence for the existence of God can be highly subjective. I see evidence all around me, other people simply do not, I do not take the perceptions of other people personally, we all walk our own paths through life

On the black magic and occultism. If you are ever in doubt as to the existence of demons/jinn, you don't have to get to deep into this stuff before those doubts are removed. I would not recommend ever getting involved with it. Leave it to the business men and politicians, they fully know what they are doing and they are destined for the flames. I like to think actual human beings like us don't want to listen to liars with ulterior motives, don't get off on suffering and don't want to be puppets with Satan's hand far up our asses. Leave all that to the backwards idiots who want it, they will get everything they deserve, we are better than them.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 6 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • AkatsukiNoMeTobi, celle76, quarterback, Tarikko, Scimitar, rfseekinheart

05-31-2016, 05:12 AM #4
rfseekinheart
Marshall
(05-30-2016, 11:40 PM)quarterback Wrote:  the saying goes that the best trick the devil ever pulled is convincing the world that he doesn't exist.  in my experience god does the same.

i never asked for evil to enter my life, nor did i genuinely ask god to relieve me.  i put it down to man being born corrupt fuckers just.

if there is a god then i'd like to find him in my own way, not forced upon me.  those who fiercely believe in god do so on faith which can leave them renderless and take a back seat in their own lives and destiny.  but damn that means that the evil wont face eternal damnation which sucks.

i have questions about black magic and occultism.  if that exists then there must be some sort of otherworldly existence, no ?

I hear you, infact im inclined to agree, I dont understand God, in many ways, to me in a way he kind of abandoned his creation and up until I was around 16 I never really gave God a second thought which probably lead to me doing stupid, bad things, and where was God then? How is that my fault? Anyway, some of the stories in life of injustice and death, just make it hard to believe.

On the issue of black magic and occultism I think that they exist, doesnt mean it, but if you get into those things and experience truly supernatural things, that you know are real, then you'd have to come to that conclusion but as you say, one is almost inclined to believe in a more detached, universal force than, a personal entity that is sovereign given how things play out here.
The following 1 user Likes rfseekinheart's post:
  • quarterback

05-31-2016, 06:05 AM #5
Goku
Chaplain
Firstly, can you prove Satan exists?
This post was last modified: 05-31-2016, 07:28 AM by Goku.

"If people don't want you to question something, that probably means you should question it." - Michel Templet

05-31-2016, 06:28 AM #6
yiksmes
Marshall
I think god allows satan to exist because:

We need to experience bad to understand what good is, or we need to experience good to understand what bad is.

-

There's a saying: Our physical body is like a car, and our soul is it's driver.

I am sure our soul chose this physical life we live in.
This life is a test, when your life ends, you can't take your car, jewellery or other material things with you, but you do take your experience with you and the lessons you learned in life.

More money, more problems
The following 7 users Like yiksmes's post:
  • Delta Blues, celle76, Alex, The Creeper, Tarikko, Kung Fu, Scimitar

05-31-2016, 09:14 AM #7
Kung Fu
Chaplain
God Almighty allows Satan to exist just as He allows us to exist.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 6 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Riddler, Alex, The Creeper, Tarikko, Scimitar, yiksmes

05-31-2016, 09:47 AM #8
sPEktrall
Chaplain
I actually renounced my atheism and came to acknowledge and know God by experiencing firsthand the paranormal and demonic activity.

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 5 users Like sPEktrall's post:
  • ayoosharose, yiksmes, The Creeper, Kung Fu, Tarikko

05-31-2016, 09:53 AM #9
sPEktrall
Chaplain
I remember I was drinking at my old place this one time and me and this girl got unto the topic of God.  I kept rebuking her, because of her belief in the existence of God.  I reasoned much like many others..  All the talking points I regurgitated and wisdom I thought I had doesn't really measure up though, especially if you can get past the emotional bias and discontent.  Many of the atheist talking points are not intellectual at all, just speculation and struggling to understand one whos ways are infinitely higher.  Why should we as mere men expect to understand the mindset of one who spoke everything into existence and can create planets easier than I can lift a finger?

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 5 users Like sPEktrall's post:
  • Alex, yiksmes, The Creeper, Kung Fu, Todd

05-31-2016, 10:08 AM #10
sPEktrall
Chaplain
Satan and demons are allowed to exist for the glory of God and to further refine and build the character of his consecrated ones.  God predestined a bride and people for for himself to be conformed to the image of Christ.  We read of Christs sufferings all throughout scripture and that suffering produces character, and character, hope.  Look at the lords response to Jeremiahs lament.  

Jeremiah 12:1-5English Standard Version (ESV)

Jeremiah's Complaint

12 Righteous are you, O Lord,
    when I complain to you;
    yet I would plead my case before you.
Why does the way of the wicked prosper?

Why do all who are treacherous thrive?
You plant them, and they take root;
    they grow and produce fruit;
you are near in their mouth
    and far from their heart.
But you, O Lord, know me;
    you see me, and test my heart toward you.
Pull them out like sheep for the slaughter,
    and set them apart for the day of slaughter.
How long will the land mourn
    and the grass of every field wither?
For the evil of those who dwell in it
    the beasts and the birds are swept away,
    because they said, “He will not see our latter end.”

The Lord Answers Jeremiah

“If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you,
    how will you compete with horses?
And if in a safe land you are so trusting,
    what will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?
This post was last modified: 05-31-2016, 10:12 AM by sPEktrall.

The following 1 user Likes sPEktrall's post:
  • The Creeper