#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Islamic philosophy of a muslim hippie

05-19-2016, 11:03 AM #1
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
I have some ideas on theology.  I'm no scholar; I only have my personal view of what God asks of us. In this thread I ask you to tell me about what you believe God wants of you and why Smile

In the Qu'ran it says that this world is but a test; (verse 57:20)
Know that the worldly life is only a game, a temporary attraction, a means of boastfulness among yourselves and a place for multiplying your wealth and children. It is like the rain which produces plants that are attractive to the unbelievers. These plants flourish, turn yellow, and then become crushed bits of straw. In the life hereafter there will be severe torment or forgiveness and mercy from God. The worldly life is only an illusion.

So while we are here; to be our best selves; we must understand that this life is temporary. That we are not meant to put it on a pedestal; and that we should not value this life over the Eternal life. We should give our lives to God ; remembering that we are but dust whispered to life.

True submisson to God goes beyond acts of devotion or religion; it is in the heart. We are to submit ourselves to Him as a slave to His master; and to praise His name in morning and evening. That doesn't mean we should do rituals all the time; it means we should surrender.

I am by all means not a great muslim; but I believe in God and surrender to Him because I believe He makes the best decisions for me- in good and bad times. Through my trials I have learned to trust Him and started to build a relationship with Him- which I believe is the purpose of life on earth.

And the Qu'ran says God is one, eternal and beyond our understanding:
"Your God is but one God. There is no god other than Him, Compassionate and Merciful. In the creation of the heavens and the earth, in the alternation of night and day, in the ships that ply the seas to the benefit of man, in the water sent down from the heavens to revive the earth after its death, in the different species of animals scattered across the earth, in the rotation of the winds, in the clouds that are subordinate to God's command between heaven and earth, in all of this, there are signs for men who use their intellects." (2:163-164)

So put simply ; I understand from this that God is all and all is God while God is separate from us at the same time. We are making temporary choices with eternal consequences - if we don't do good in this life; we will suffer in the next.

We are honored that God created us to have Eternal life with Him- if we choose to do so. If we choose to do so; we must act on our decision and do good in this world by acting with honor; truth and dignity. God has made us magnificent creatures- for of all creation only we and the Jinn have free will. That is an amazing gift we should not squander. Honor your God given free will by learning and making the right choices for yourself and your eternal spirit.
Everyone's calling is different; but all of us have our good and our bad side. Choose the good over the bad; and God promises you will be with Him in eternity:

All those who believe, and the Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians--anyone who believes in God and the Last Day, and does good--will have nothing to fear or regret. Qur'an 5:69

Those who choose to ignore their highest calling will go to Hell.
Until God decides that the ''best'' sinners are cleansed and reconciled with Him :
It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will say: ‘Whoever had a mustard-seed’s weight of faith in his heart, bring him out.’ So they will bring him out, and they will come out like burned skeletons, and they will turn into charcoal. They will be thrown into the River of Life, then they will grow like seeds growing in the silt left by a flood.”  

So God is the most Merciful; the most Benevolent; because only the worst among us will receive eternal punishment.

God is love; He wants us to choose Him. We have to do very little more than try to realise His will for us by submitting to Him as a best we can. Even intentions count to God; whether you actually perform them or not.

So think about what you think God really wants; and put it into action. It can't harm you.. Smile Heart

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 9 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • khadeejah, kfhw34, BaronAmity, celle76, yiksmes, The Creeper, ayoosharose, Tarikko, Scimitar

05-19-2016, 12:03 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
expect to have this thread bumped in future, the OP warrants a second reading.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • The Creeper, ayoosharose, Tarikko, Sidhuriel

05-23-2016, 10:07 AM #3
Tarikko
Chaplain
Mashallah sis Sid

I thoroughly enjoyed that read... You summarized the message beautifully.. Jazaki Allahu Khairan

The faster the people realize how worthless, fast fleeting, this illusion we call life the better...

Disconnect yourself from the material world ikhwan... This is where true happiness lies. To excise that love we have for the dunya and replace it with the love of Allah.

It is easier said than done as the system has compromised all to a certain extent... May the All Mighty keep us steadfast in this age of dajjala

Al Imraan 14-17:

14. Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers, etc.) with Him.

15. Say: "Shall I inform you of things far better than those? For Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V. 2:2) there are Gardens (Paradise) with their Lord, underneath which rivers flow. Therein (is their) eternal (home) and Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives) [i.e. they will have no menses, urine, or stool, etc.], And Allah will be pleased with them. And Allah is All-Seer of the (His) slaves".

16. Those who say: "Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire."

17. (They are) those who are patient ones, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allah. Those who spend [give the Zakat and alms in the Way of Allah] and those who pray and beg Allah's Pardon in the last hours of the night.

Salam to you my "hippie" sister! Wink
This post was last modified: 05-23-2016, 10:20 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 6 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • khadeejah, kfhw34, celle76, Sidhuriel, The Creeper, Scimitar

05-24-2016, 03:08 AM #4
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(05-23-2016, 10:07 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  Mashallah sis Sid

I thoroughly enjoyed that read... You summarized the message beautifully.. Jazaki Allahu Khairan

Disconnect yourself from the material world ikhwan... This is where true happiness lies. To excise that love we have for the dunya and replace it with the love of Allah.

Salam to you my "hippie" sister! Wink

Salaam bro; thanks for the compliment  Heart

Since I joined the forums my understanding of the nature of God has deepened; I think anyone who has been on the brink of death and came back can relate to my experience.

I think what matters most in life is not what you do (though good deeds naturally follow a good heart) ; but why you do it and who you do it for.

God is all around us- part of us (through the breath of life)  while separate at the same time. We are not God; but we are His creation and therefore of Him. There is no place where God is not. We are to acknowledge the marvel of His presence and to try to perfect our own heart so we can be His representatives on the earth.

We are called to be guardians; healers; and caretakers of the earth and it's creatures. It is a great honor that we hold such a position with God; and what we choose to do now will affect what we will experience in the next life. The difficulties we face in our life are a sign that God is pleased with us; paradise is surrounded by difficulty and hell is surrounded by desires.

Living through the difficulties I have had has made me able to purify my heart to the extent that I am in peace continuously- and aware of my place in the Universe as God ordained. I know that God is with me at all times; and that whatever difficulty I face brings me closer to Him and moves me to a better position in the next life.

I was searching my whole life for a true connection with God- but I did not find it until I walked in the valley in the shadow of death.  I will use a psalm that resonates with me on this:

The Lord is My Shepherd
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
 For His name's sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
 they comfort me.
 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.…

I am blessed for I am with Him continously Smile

I hope all you seekers will find Him too Heart

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 6 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • khadeejah, star cecile, Scimitar, kfhw34, mrgrimm, Tarikko

05-24-2016, 07:48 PM #5
celle76
Justiciar
One word- ibadah (worship and  obedience of Allah or adhering to His Commands in daily life)

One Ayat- Surah al-Zariyat/55 -“I have not created jjnn and man but that they worship me”

One phrase- la ilaha illallah

Ibadah comes from the word "abd" which means servant or slave. I think that connection is quite intriguing.
This post was last modified: 05-24-2016, 07:51 PM by celle76. Edit Reason: sshh
The following 4 users Like celle76's post:
  • khadeejah, Scimitar, kfhw34, Tarikko

05-31-2016, 05:43 PM #6
ela
Knight
Quote:So while we are here; to be our best selves; we must understand that this life is temporary. That we are not meant to put it on a pedestal; and that we should not value this life over the Eternal life.

I beg to differ because of this you said:

Quote:We are called to be guardians; healers; and caretakers of the earth and it's creatures. It is a great honor that we hold such a position with God; and what we choose to do now will affect what we will experience in the next life. The difficulties we face in our life are a sign that God is pleased with us; paradise is surrounded by difficulty and hell is surrounded by desires. 
Our lives are valuable. We have been given brain and body parts so we can efficiently take care of the earth. Our main test is to hold onto civilization.

05-31-2016, 07:08 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Quranist Muslim fails - boring.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 2 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • kfhw34, Tarikko

06-01-2016, 10:47 AM #8
ela
Knight
(05-31-2016, 07:08 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  Quranist Muslim fails - boring.

Scimi
Thanks for the comment. 

Peace

06-01-2016, 11:36 AM #9
kfhw34
Squire
(05-31-2016, 05:43 PM)ela Wrote:  Our main test is to hold onto civilization.

Our main test is to hold onto civilization? And take care of earth? Sorry, but you're lost if you think this is the main test in this world. Aren't you a Quranist, back your claims with verses then...
This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 11:37 AM by kfhw34.

"that which can be destroyed by the truth should be"
The following 3 users Like kfhw34's post:
  • khadeejah, Scimitar, Tarikko

06-02-2016, 05:40 PM #10
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(05-19-2016, 11:03 AM)Sidhuriel Wrote:  I have some ideas on theology.  I'm no scholar; I only have my personal view of what God asks of us. In this thread I ask you to tell me about what you believe God wants of you and why Smile

MashaAllah, your OP was so well written - it seemed to be written specifically for my eyes to read. I loved the train of thought and the logical method by which you portray a simple truth which is easy to digest, well done.

You have a natural ability in appealing to my higher logic... seriously, well done, I'm really happy you wrote the OP.

God bless, Heart

bro Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 3 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • khadeejah, Sidhuriel, Tarikko