#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Daft Punk, "Interstella 5555"

05-08-2016, 09:18 AM #1
Daisy
Marshall
Released in 2003, "Interstella 5555" was a full length anime film made to accompany a Daft Punk soundtrack and would become the animation clips used in following music videos of their "Discovery" album songs. The album was released on February 26, 2001 by Virgin Records. 

It's an interesting Sci-Fi escapade that, released 13 years ago, covered many of the recurring themes and imagery in The Music Industry that we're discussing now and that we've seen time and again over the past decade. Daft Punk have always come across as insiders to me and when you watch this film, you'll see that they approved of an interesting storyline to accompany their music; The "Blue" people from a distant star system, their alien powers harnessed by a record exec, numerous triangle references, etc. :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmP...FC09F6A2B8

Here's the Wiki on "Interstella 5555":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstell...tar_5ystem
The following 1 user Likes Daisy's post:
  • Pink Isn't Well

05-08-2016, 09:23 AM #2
Daisy
Marshall
From the Wiki page:

"...The first four episodes from the film were shown on Cartoon Network on 1 September 2001 during the "Toonami Midnight Run: Special Edition". Cartoon Network later hosted the episodes online as part of their short-lived Toonami Reactor project (later revived as Toonami Jetstream)..."

05-09-2016, 08:08 PM #3
Pink Isn't Well
Knight
(05-08-2016, 09:23 AM)Daisy Wrote:  From the Wiki page:

"...The first four episodes from the film were shown on Cartoon Network on 1 September 2001 during the "Toonami Midnight Run: Special Edition". Cartoon Network later hosted the episodes online as part of their short-lived Toonami Reactor project (later revived as Toonami Jetstream)..."

It's a good movie. My buddy and I used to get stoned and watch it over and over in high school because it was visually interesting and the music was trippy. Once I 'woke up' I immediately made the connection. Perhaps Daft Punk and Leiji Matsumoto were trying to tells us something.
The following 1 user Likes Pink Isn't Well's post:
  • Daisy