#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Funny But True!

05-05-2016, 01:52 PM #1
Lady
Chaplain
This video was taken at an attempt at an interfaith meeting to discuss social justice. The group gathered had a hard time and the meeting just about fell apart. Feel free to make your own connections to this forum!   Big Grin

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 3 users Like Lady's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Trenton

05-05-2016, 02:41 PM #2
Lady
Chaplain
(05-05-2016, 01:52 PM)Lady Wrote:  This video was taken at an attempt at an interfaith meeting to discuss social justice. The group gathered had a hard time and the meeting just about fell apart. Feel free to make your own connections to this forum!   Big Grin

I think I have located myself in it, lol! Big Grin 
I think I am the one who bailed at the mention of filming!!   Tongue

Seriously, is it not pretty close to how we all are at times?

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3

05-05-2016, 05:29 PM #3
Trenton
Justiciar
Im the old man staring into the camera, next to the smiling woman.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 3 users Like Trenton's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Lady

05-05-2016, 05:38 PM #4
Lady
Chaplain
Some of the dialogue is pretty funny:

Q: "Why are you filming?"
A: "My friends couldn't make the meeting so I am filming it for them."
...Some unintelligible murmuring ensues...
Q: "You callin' me a liar?" (voice raises threateningly)

This thing started off pretty tense, and went downhill from there in lightning speed!
Amazing study for those analyzing human behavior (a hobby of mine)!
This is the next best thing to a SNL parody (Saturday Night Live)
I can picture the cast all in this scene! LOL

05-05-2016, 06:10 PM #5
Trenton
Justiciar

Welcome to VC Forums

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 4 users Like Trenton's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Goku, Lady

05-05-2016, 06:36 PM #6
Lady
Chaplain
(05-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Trenton Wrote:  İmage 

Welcome to VC Forums

Ha! Why did I already have names picked out in my mind for these dudes?
They seem like lovely gentlemen. However, the two in the back are regretting leaving their popcorn at home!
This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 06:39 PM by Lady. Edit Reason: Stricken conscience

05-05-2016, 06:44 PM #7
Trenton
Justiciar
(05-05-2016, 06:36 PM)Lady Wrote:  
(05-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Trenton Wrote:  İmage 

Welcome to VC Forums

Ha! Why did I already have names picked out in my mind for these dudes?
They seem like lovely gentlemen. However, the two in the back are regretting leaving their popcorn at home!

Same lol

The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • slave_of_God

05-05-2016, 07:18 PM #8
Lady
Chaplain
You know, after getting my lols out, I rewatched and was struck at the hypocrisy of those of faith-whatever their chosen denomination/religion. God must really grieve at how we humans have missed the mark.
This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 10:08 PM by Lady.

05-08-2016, 12:24 PM #9
Lady
Chaplain
Just bumping this thread up since I have been encouraging others to watch it.

• slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Claire Rousseau

06-19-2016, 05:39 AM #10
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I like the conversation at the beginning "Your God might also some other people's God too but your God..." I couldn't catch it all, but the confusion while trying to be open-minded and politically correct was adorable Heart

After that, I didn't watch for much longer because the guy decided the meeting was over.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • slave_of_God