#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

Old news about being penalized for living off grid

04-26-2016, 05:40 PM #1

Huntsville, AL — Tyler Truitt joined the military to fight for America’s freedom. However, after returning, he is quickly realizing that the supposed “freedom” that he fought for, is pipe dream.
Truitt lives on his own property, but because he’s not tied into the city’s electricity and utility grid, his very existence has been deemed illegal.
“We live out here off the grid, 100 percent self-sustaining,” Truitt said. “So I basically made all my utilities: I have my solar panels, I have my rainwater collection and stuff.”
Truitt lives on his own private property in a modular home. He creates his own electricity and collects his water from the rain. If anything, this couple is a net gain to society and to the environment for having a carbon footprint of zero and living sustainably.
However, to the state, they are the enemy.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man-fou...tTlvm3x.99

This post was last modified: 04-26-2016, 05:40 PM by Freetoday.

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
The following 4 users Like Freetoday's post:
  • Tarikko, Isaiah53, Slysargassosea, Pront

04-29-2016, 04:51 PM #2
What a shame.

Update: He lost the case but is appealing
The following 1 user Likes Isaiah53's post:
  • Freetoday

05-03-2016, 03:12 PM #3
That is just not right.  I feel if he is willing to work that hard to be off the grid, then he should be allowed to.

...haven't decided yet.
The following 2 users Like Lynniebits's post:
  • waynecody, Freetoday

05-17-2016, 05:51 PM #4
If folks were ruled by common sense rather than control and monetary gain this fellow would be applauded for the minimal footprints he is leaving.

05-18-2016, 08:51 AM #5
Kung Fu
But but but it's a free country.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • ela, Tarikko, Serendipity