#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The lengths humans go

04-24-2016, 08:40 AM #1
mrgrimm
Marshall
Just breezing through some news headlines and came across this. I gave it a quick read but it just amazes me that modern humans and society have become so complicated to the extent that countless resources, energy and time are wasted on things that we just don't need on the scale we consume them!

Been almost a year now for my entire family without a drop of animal milk/dairy and we are all still healthy and strong. In fact, almond milk has been our replacement and it's less fattening, higher in calcium, tastes great, and most importantly doesn't involve animals to remain as slaves for their bodily excretions for us human's greedy consumption.

Other more rural parts of the world may be an exception where healthy options are simply not available - but for the majority of us we all have seen the people grabbing 4 gallons of cow milk in a nervous frenzy because a winter storm is predicted to hit...  Wink  Just down right foolish for us to continue these practices on such a large scale when clearly there are better options!!!

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/mi.../83444078/
The following 1 user Likes mrgrimm's post:
  • Artful Revealer

04-24-2016, 09:55 AM #2
Slysargassosea
Squire
(04-24-2016, 08:40 AM)mrgrimm Wrote:  Just breezing through some news headlines and came across this. I gave it a quick read but it just amazes me that modern humans and society have become so complicated to the extent that countless resources, energy and time are wasted on things that we just don't need on the scale we consume them!

Been almost a year now for my entire family without a drop of animal milk/dairy and we are all still healthy and strong. In fact, almond milk has been our replacement and it's less fattening, higher in calcium, tastes great, and most importantly doesn't involve animals to remain as slaves for their bodily excretions for us human's greedy consumption.

Other more rural parts of the world may be an exception where healthy options are simply not available - but for the majority of us we all have seen the people grabbing 4 gallons of cow milk in a nervous frenzy because a winter storm is predicted to hit...  Wink  Just down right foolish for us to continue these practices on such a large scale when clearly there are better options!!!

Check that your almond milk does not contain carrageenan- which is in an inflammation agent in the body and used as a stabilizer in most commercial brands of almond milk.
The following 1 user Likes Slysargassosea's post:
  • mrgrimm

04-24-2016, 12:20 PM #3
mrgrimm
Marshall
(04-24-2016, 09:55 AM)Slysargassosea Wrote:  
(04-24-2016, 08:40 AM)mrgrimm Wrote:  Just breezing through some news headlines and came across this. I gave it a quick read but it just amazes me that modern humans and society have become so complicated to the extent that countless resources, energy and time are wasted on things that we just don't need on the scale we consume them!

Check that your almond milk does not contain carrageenan- which is in an inflammation agent in the body and used as a stabilizer in most commercial brands of almond milk.

That would not be good! I had a major knee surgery 10 years ago and it hurts from time to time if I do too much - these days I'm feeling pretty good but anything I can do to keep healthy is worth looking into, thanks!
The following 1 user Likes mrgrimm's post:
  • Slysargassosea