#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
'Mass murderer' at pro-Palestine rally, Breivik: humane treatment in prison

04-20-2016, 07:17 PM #1
Stride
Chaplain
Right-wing mass killer Anders Behring Breivik won a partial victory Wednesday after a court ruled his human rights have been violated during his imprisonment for terrorism and murder. 

The court in Oslo said his prison conditions breached an article in the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) prohibiting inhuman and degrading treatment. 
However, it court dismissed Breivik's claim that the government had also violated his right to respect for private and family life. 

Breivik was convicted of terrorism and mass murder for 2011 bomb and gun attacks in Norway that killed 77 people. 
He claims his prison conditions violate the ECHR. At court hearings last month, he complained that prison authorities won't let him communicate with or receive visits from other right-wing extremists. 

Government lawyers argued Breivik remains a dangerous inmate who could inspire others to commit similar attacks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/norway...rt-n559161

Remember, this is the reason the young people were on the island off Oslo

He was a 'freemason' apparently. 

This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 07:18 PM by Stride.
The following 3 users Like Stride's post:
  • Freetoday, Serendipity, Tarikko

04-20-2016, 09:31 PM #2
dzubmarinara
Marshall
his human rights? what about the human rights of the victim's families?
this is why i don't buy into human rights this day and age, it puts the rights of the individual over the society.
The following 2 users Like dzubmarinara's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

04-22-2016, 04:10 PM #3
Riddler
Chaplain
like it or not but without human rights, the world would be darker than it is.

yes, he is a mass murderer. he has killed.
for that act, there - must - be punishment.
i'm not delving into the question whether 'eye for an eye' would be appropriate or not,
fact is simply that norway does not have the death penalty so there are other 'punishments' for such deeds.
this way of 'dealing' with these things has been approved/accepted by the general population/government.

let's just keep it like this: in norway, there has been an election not to have the death penalty.
as such, there is emprisonment.

now, the point that rises here is that if somebody is emprisoned for life, then they will be there for the remainder
of their lives. however, if there are no rules, if there is no governing of such a 'situation' there will be chaos, anarchy,
and quite frankly, a whole lot of bad things.

if there were no human rights in prison, then anything could go. then you get guantanamo bay - like scenes. that is torture. the question thus raised is this: is torture the correct 'punishment'? the Norwegian government did not - and does not have - decide to have punishment by torture. they have punishment by emprisonment.

so, back to the human rights matter.
torture is essentially something against human rights. human rights are there for a reason.
human rights must keep maintained.

would i let a tear drop because of violations of mister breivik rights? i dont really think i would, but on the other hand,
it would be improper to end up having prisons like those in china, or dictatorial third world country states.
i do believe people like breivik deserve punishment. but meanwhile, i dont think it is ok to get him stripped of his human rights and for example have him raped with a spiky baseball bat 3 times a day.
so where is the limit? what is ok and what is not ok?

my question howver on the subject is:

why is there a sudden interest in the 'fate' of mister breivik?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No
------------
----------------------------------------------
The following 1 user Likes Riddler's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

04-24-2016, 08:59 PM #4
dzubmarinara
Marshall
Riddler, i do agree with you that human rights do make things better most of the time.
it's just that these day an age, that term is abused as much as say freedom of speech.

as for your question......i don't know why they're giving him attention again
The following 1 user Likes dzubmarinara's post:
  • Tarikko

04-25-2016, 01:10 PM #5
Freetoday
Justiciar
(04-20-2016, 07:17 PM)Stride Wrote:  Right-wing mass killer Anders Behring Breivik won a partial victory Wednesday after a court ruled his human rights have been violated during his imprisonment for terrorism and murder. 

The court in Oslo said his prison conditions breached an article in the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) prohibiting inhuman and degrading treatment. 
However, it court dismissed Breivik's claim that the government had also violated his right to respect for private and family life. 

Breivik was convicted of terrorism and mass murder for 2011 bomb and gun attacks in Norway that killed 77 people. 
He claims his prison conditions violate the ECHR. At court hearings last month, he complained that prison authorities won't let him communicate with or receive visits from other right-wing extremists. 

Government lawyers argued Breivik remains a dangerous inmate who could inspire others to commit similar attacks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/norway...rt-n559161

Remember, this is the reason the young people were on the island off Oslo

He was a 'freemason' apparently. 

Great post. I do wish he could be exposed to capital punishment or at least gen pop of a US Federal facility.

"If we knew our power, we wouldn't get arrogant when we got two pennies
If we knew our power, we would see what everybody sees, that we're rich already!"
(Akala)