#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Show Me Islam In The Stars?

04-16-2016, 03:35 AM #1
newnature
Squire
The Signs and Constellations were first designed and named; then, the pictures were drawn around them respectively. The the truth was enshrined and written in the heavens where no human hand could touch it. In later years, when Israel came into the possession of the written scriptures of truth, there was no longer any need for the more ancient writing in the heavens. Hence, the original teaching gradually faded away, and the heathen, out of the smattering they had heard by tradition, evolved their cosmogonies and mythologies.

04-16-2016, 08:44 AM #2
Lady
Chaplain
super interesting thought...tell me more!

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3

04-16-2016, 08:54 AM #3
mrgrimm
Marshall
Not exactly sure what you are looking for but I remember there being several verses in the Quran that I think applies to your question. Here is an example of 2 that I quickly found through a google search.

“And He it is who has set up for you the stars so that you might be guided by them in the midst of the deep darkness of land and sea: clearly, indeed, have We spelled out these messages unto people of [innate] knowledge!” (6:97)

“Are, then, they who are bent on denying the truth not aware that the heavens and the earth were [once] one single entity, which We then parted asunder? — and We made out of water every living thing? Will they not, then, believe?” (21:30)
The following 5 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Kung Fu, Serendipity, Tarikko, Scimitar, The Creeper

04-16-2016, 08:55 AM #4
mrgrimm
Marshall
^ I guess when copy/paste a verse from a website sometimes it changes all of the text size?? strange, hopefully you all can read that tiny text up there lol!
This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 08:55 AM by mrgrimm.
The following 3 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Tarikko, The Creeper, Lady

04-16-2016, 09:16 AM #5
Lady
Chaplain
(04-16-2016, 08:55 AM)mrgrimm Wrote:  ^ I guess when copy/paste a verse from a website sometimes it changes all of the text size?? strange, hopefully you all can read that tiny text up there lol!
@mrgrimm,
Thanks for the input with the passages.

Isn't this part of what newnature said interesting?
 In later years, when Israel came into the possession of the written scriptures of truth, there was no longer any need for the more ancient writing in the heavens. 
Know anything about "the ancient writing in the heavens?" What were the messages, besides of course, the ability to navigate by the stars and constellation locations? I know of at least 1 message to some wisemen/sages/magi. Anything more?

TIP:
When you right-click to paste, there's an option to "paste in plain text." I was happy to notice that feature, now my copies are neither super huge nor teeny-tiny, unless I want them to be!   Big Grin
This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 09:23 AM by Lady.

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3
The following 2 users Like Lady's post:
  • mrgrimm, The Creeper

04-16-2016, 11:15 AM #6
newnature
Squire
(04-16-2016, 08:44 AM)Lady Wrote:  super interesting thought...tell me more!

Genesis 1:14-19 reveals the fact that they were created, not only “to divide the day from the night, and to give light upon the earth”; but, they were set “for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years”. “And” is the figure of speech Polysyndeton or Many Ands. The repetition of the word “and” at the beginning of successive clauses, each independent, important, and emphatic, with no climax at the end. The figure emphasizes these four purposes, and bids us to single them out and consider them separately and independently. 

They are for signs. The Hebrew word oth, from athah, means to come. Signs, therefore, of something or some One to come. Those who understand them are enlightened by them. Those who do not may well be “dismayed” Jer. 10:2. For more than 2,500 years before the written scriptures, the revelation of the hope which God gave in Genesis 3:15 was preserved in the naming of the stars and their grouping in Signs and Constellations.

04-16-2016, 11:19 AM #7
newnature
Squire
(04-16-2016, 08:54 AM)mrgrimm Wrote:  Not exactly sure what you are looking for but I remember there being several verses in the Quran that I think applies to your question. Here is an example of 2 that I quickly found through a google search.

“And He it is who has set up for you the stars so that you might be guided by them in the midst of the deep darkness of land and sea: clearly, indeed, have We spelled out these messages unto people of [innate] knowledge!” (6:97)

“Are, then, they who are bent on denying the truth not aware that the heavens and the earth were [once] one single entity, which We then parted asunder? — and We made out of water every living thing? Will they not, then, believe?” (21:30)

A figure of speech relates to the form in which the words are used. It consists in the fact that a word or words are used out of their ordinary sense, or place, or manner, for the purpose of attracting our attention to what is said.

In Genesis chapter three, we have neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasized by the use of certain figures of speech. When Satan is spoken of as a ‘serpent’, it is the figure Hypocatastasis or Implication. An implied resemblance or representation.

Other figures of speech are used in Genesis 3:14-15, but only for the same purpose of emphasizing the truth and the reality of what is said. “Thou shalt bruise his heel”, it cannot mean his literal heel of flesh and blood, but suffering, more temporary in character. 

“He shall crush thy head”, it means something more than a skull of bone, and brain, and hair. It means that all Satan’s plans and plots, policy and purposes, will one day be finally crushed and ended, never more to mar or to hinder the purposes of God. 

This will be effected when Satan shall be bruised under our feet (Romans 16:20). This, again, will not be our literal feet, but something much more real. The bruising of Christ’s heel is the most eloquent and impressive way of foretelling the most solemn events; and to point out that the effort made by Satan to evade his doom, then threatened, would become the very means of insuring its accomplishment; for it was through the death of Christ that he who had the power of death would be destroyed; and all Satan’ power and policy brought to an end, and all his works destroyed.

04-16-2016, 11:26 AM #8
newnature
Squire
(04-16-2016, 09:16 AM)Lady Wrote:  
(04-16-2016, 08:55 AM)mrgrimm Wrote:  ^ I guess when copy/paste a verse from a website sometimes it changes all of the text size?? strange, hopefully you all can read that tiny text up there lol!
@mrgrimm,
Thanks for the input with the passages.

Isn't this part of what newnature said interesting?
 In later years, when Israel came into the possession of the written scriptures of truth, there was no longer any need for the more ancient writing in the heavens. 
Know anything about "the ancient writing in the heavens?" What were the messages, besides of course, the ability to navigate by the stars and constellation locations? I know of at least 1 message to some wisemen/sages/magi. Anything more?

TIP:
When you right-click to paste, there's an option to "paste in plain text." I was happy to notice that feature, now my copies are neither super huge nor teeny-tiny, unless I want them to be!   Big Grin

The history of Genesis chapter three is intended to teach us the fact that Satan’s sphere of activities is in the religious sphere, and not the spheres of crime or immorality; that his battlefield is not the sins arising from human depravity, but the unbelief of the human heart. We are not to look for Satan’s activities today in the newspaper press, or the police courts; but in the pulpit, and in professors’ chairs. Whenever the Word of God is called in question, there we see the trail of that old serpent?

Genesis 3:14-15 - What literal words could portray these literal facts so wonderfully as these expressive figures of speech? It is the same with the other figures used in versus 14, “On thy belly shalt thou go”. This figure means infinitely more than the literal belly of flesh and blood. It paints for the eyes of our mind the picture of Satan’s ultimate humiliation; for prostration was ever the most eloquent sign of subjection. Ps. 44:25 denotes such a prolonged prostration and such a depth of submission as could never be conveyed or expressed in literal words.

04-16-2016, 11:27 AM #9
Yahda
Chaplain
The teachings are still in the heavens and in nature, and all around us. Our PERCEPTIONS have definitely been distorted, but once you clear and FREE your mind the speech still ring out.

Psalms 19 The heavens are declaring the glory of God; The skies above proclaim the works of his hand.

Day after day their speech bubbles forth and night after night they reveal knowledge. There are no speech and no words; Their voice is not heard. But into all the earth their sound has gone out and to the ends of the inhabitant earth their message.
This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 11:34 AM by Yahda.

~Yahda
The following 2 users Like Yahda's post:
  • mrgrimm, The Creeper

04-16-2016, 11:42 AM #10
newnature
Squire
(04-16-2016, 11:27 AM)Yahda Wrote:  The teachings are still in the heavens and in nature, and all around us. Our PERCEPTIONS have definitely been distorted, but once you clear and FREE your mind the speech still ring out.

Psalms 19 The heavens are declaring the glory of God; The skies above proclaim the works of his hand.

Day after day their speech bubbles forth and night after night they reveal knowledge. There are no speech and no words; Their voice is not heard. But into all the earth their sound has gone out and to the ends of the inhabitant earth their message.

Can Islam use the TORAH and the NEVI'IM and the KETHUVIM?