#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Eyeball Tracking Tech

04-08-2016, 12:10 AM #1
sarcasm
Marshall
Just remembered something peculiar from a doc about dogs. The scientist was tracking its eyeballs.(Dogs Decoded).
And I even recall seeing a movie that was something about technocratic improvement of commercials... but I cant remember the title.

Searched youtube... several promos exist!
And it is rather tiny.. can look like a tv bezel.

04-08-2016, 02:32 AM #2
sarcasm
Marshall
Neuromarketing
I just discovered this term
Here is a short vid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCSVySI3S...=mv-google

04-08-2016, 07:02 AM #3
mrgrimm
Marshall
I'm just going to start wearing one of these everywhere I go

The following 8 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • Isaiah53, IndigoSkai, MissCherokee, Blue333, Trenton, Goku, Lady, Tarikko

04-08-2016, 10:09 AM #4
Lady
Chaplain
This reminds me of one of my favourite movies called "Minority Report" with Tom Cruise. The setting is a  dystopian future world in which "pre-cognitive" individuals foresee crimes before they happen. Everyone is identified by retina scanning or something similar-creepy. 
I am looking for that movie-have been for a few years now. I saw it before I became "awake" and from what I remember, it is chock-full of signs and signals and predictive elements!

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.  Jeremiah 31:3

04-09-2016, 01:22 AM #5
sarcasm
Marshall
The movie I saw is much older.. definitely early 90s or maybe 80s. I saw it in98 or99. Definitely showed eye tracking and it was from USA. I may attempt to find it to look at it from my current perspective. I guess it was like a softer more futuristic They Live.

04-09-2016, 07:24 PM #6
24theking
Knight
Hey,
I live in Alabama and was going through this eye trackers program at ASU, and the technology was pretty cool. You could browse through the web with only your eyes but it still sucked cause the technology was a prototype. The shirt they gave us (suspiciously) had a huge eye on it, but I couldn't tell anything was wrong with the program lol. I would show a pic of the shirt but I played basketball too much in it, and Im ashamed of it now.  Smile

When a king talks, people listen. 

04-10-2016, 12:25 AM #7
sarcasm
Marshall
It really is down to a science. Marketing.. first polling, then EEG, subversives, algorithms catering ads to individuals based on cookies, directing eyes.
Cleverly combining all strategies is the trend today.
New methods and old objectives.
"Marketing science is about mind control"

04-10-2016, 03:47 AM #8
sarcasm
Marshall
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKur2Av30...verizon-us

And this report on 60 minutes shows off FMRI, and poses excellent questions.

04-10-2016, 05:37 AM #9
sarcasm
Marshall
I dug some more and heard of DARPA planning to put some portable EEG in smartphones.
The following 1 user Likes sarcasm's post:
  • MissCherokee

04-10-2016, 07:36 AM #10
mrgrimm
Marshall
(04-10-2016, 05:37 AM)sarcasm Wrote:  I dug some more and heard of DARPA planning to put some portable EEG in smartphones.
 I think it ALL boils down to the smart phone - it is on the person EVERY STINKING DAY MAN! Who needs a chip implanted in them when they already have their own personal info. box that never leaves ur hand or your pocket?
The following 3 users Like mrgrimm's post:
  • MissCherokee, Trenton, dzubmarinara