#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Dreams

04-06-2016, 03:06 PM #1
Trenton
Justiciar
Because where better for people to share their weird dreams than on VC?

Nightmare? Funny dream? Exciting? Confusing? Share them here!

Last night I dreamt I was in the "otherworld" again. In my dreamworld this place seems like a weirder parallel world, similar to earth, but ruled by human looking "aliens". Can't explain it other than they just don't seem like humans. They're definitely higher intelligence, and charismatic, and a bit scary sometimes.

This dream I had last night:

In the food line (cafeteria) in the otherworld, one of the overseers, who is "nice" was making sure people didn't take too much portions.

I waited in line, nothing on tray, but going for the fruit salad, all that was available..

A person ahead of me took two scoops of (greyish)watermelon. And seemed like they were going for a third, so the overseer said in a strict but playful tune, like a prison guard on a good day "alright, only two scoops, remember, only two scoops"

So I was looking at the grapes, since I don't like melon much, and thought "okay I'll just take a small scoop of grapes and call it good"

Then johnny comes back with his tray and realises he had taken too much melon. He decides to put some back. He'd probably only taken a nibble and then heard the overseer remind everyone about the portion rules.

He took a scoop from the melon cart, and scooped a handful off his tray back into the pile.

The overseer comes over to us. And he says "this spreads disease."

I look at him, with disbelief, like "look at johnny, he's immaculate, and he would put food he touched with his mouth or hands on the food cart"

The overseer, turns to me, and said "okay instead of lunch you can look up how germs are spread. I want you to read about the

"Uniformity of Deviled eggs, and spreading germs"

I looked down, and where my food tray with nary a grape once was, appeared a large 10 tablet. So I did as the overseer said. I typed "uniformity of devilled eggs and how they spread germs"

And it took me to a scrolling article. Most of the paragraphs read about how washing hands and touching food and blah blah, but then a video popped up at the bottom of the feed.

websites video showed a surgically modified(mutilated) dog head (still alive) sewn onto body of 12 yo boy.

I was then sucked into the "video" and was face to face with this weirdly yapping creature, who whined like a scared dog, yelped like he was excited to play, and ran with all the enthusiasm of a tween boy who's had too much candy.

It was horrifying. But I pet him and tried to comfort him none the less.

I still don't know who these people are, in my dreams, NPCs never seem like these guys at the cafeteria. Could you be a devil? Could you be an angel?

Once a black lady served me extra chicken on line at the cafeteria. That was nice of her. Most of the workers don't let you eat much. And I'm always lucky if I get there in time that they're not out of food or packing up.

The food is free...

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 5 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Vytas, lucidintruder, luna, The Zone

04-06-2016, 03:38 PM #2
The Zone
Marshall
I have absolutely, without a doubt, had dreams which cryptically told me of future events.  They made more sense in the aftermath but I am certain that dreams are messages that are a puzzle you can figure out that aid or warn you.  Whether it is some sort of unconscious clarity or premonition there has been something there for me.  I could go into great detail on some of these and decipher the dream message and what was to happen but instead, I will list a few which come to mind.

- The death of my father during elective heart surgery
- Breaking up with a former GF and the reasons why and the warning
- How and what would happen on a new job over a period of time and how it would play out for me.

There have been more, but I rarely dream of late and it is much more common IMO in formative years of ones life.

This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 04:28 PM by The Zone.
The following 2 users Like The Zone's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

04-06-2016, 05:36 PM #3
Alex
Chaplain
It is an Islamic belief that every night you go to sleep your soul travels up to the heavens to the Creator.

Much like the fortune tellers tell their demonic companions to go steal glimpses of the future from the angels discussing decree. The soul is also privy to some of these conversations. Ever had deja vu? This is one explanation for it. You are witnessing an event your soul already seen.

That isn't to say all futuristic events seen in dreams are 3rd party sourced. Some dreams come from the Almighty himself, otherwise referred to as a true dream. An indicator of these is if someone else had the exact same dream.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 4 users Like Alex's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Duchess, Serendipity, Trenton

04-06-2016, 06:52 PM #4
Trenton
Justiciar
(04-06-2016, 05:36 PM)Alex Wrote:  It is an Islamic belief that every night you go to sleep your soul travels up to the heavens to the Creator.

Much like the fortune tellers tell their demonic companions to go steal glimpses of the future from the angels discussing decree.  The soul is also privy to some of these conversations. Ever had deja vu?  This is one explanation for it.  You are witnessing an event your soul already seen.

That isn't to say all futuristic events seen in dreams are 3rd party sourced.  Some dreams come from the Almighty himself, otherwise referred to as a true dream.  An indicator of these is if someone else had the exact same dream.

My friend recently had a dream where she attempted to kill herself. (She's going through a divorce right now and is having a lot of emotional pain)

In the dream she nearly died, and a fox showed up, and comforted her.

The next night my partner had a similar dream, they tried to kill themselves. Went to a hospital where they just said "whatever" and discharged them. They took the bus from the hospital, to the graveyard, and layed down in the cemetery. A fox showed up to comfort them as well...

They related their dream stories to eachother yesterday and were weirded out they had the same dream.

Odd that they'd both dream of suicide attempts and be visited by a fox. 

I've had dreams of volcano eruption, and tornadoes, to wake up the next day to find these occurrences were happening in the world, on the weather channel. 

Dreams are sure weird sometimes.

For months now I keep dreaming about a strange phenomenon in the sky. The sky will open up, with golden light pouring through. Looks like the Aurora Borealis, but not quite. Same shape, but it looks like the sky would be made of something solid with an actual rip in it 

In the rip I can see clockwork, sometimes things moving.

I also dreamt that Saturn was clearly visible in the sky, same as the moon would be. And Polaris was in front of my vision as the stars spun fast around the center.

In these dreams, which are frequent, at least once a week, for 4-5 months now... It has an alien invasion vibe. Though only a few times have I seen military or any "invaders"

The dream about the golden tear in the sky however, made me think of Armageddon. It was quite scary.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

04-07-2016, 06:09 PM #5
luna
Marshall
Trenton,

Do you apply a solely spiritual context to dreams, or do you believe in dream psychoanalysis as well? Curious to hear your thoughts Smile 
The following 2 users Like luna's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

04-07-2016, 07:09 PM #6
The Zone
Marshall
I'm not answering for Trenton here nor was I asked, so forgive the intrusion.  For me it is a mix.  Some indeed seem spiritual in a tug of war sort of way for the soul.  Others seem to be mechanisms or hints of what is to come.  These particular dreams for me are always cryptic messages.  If one were the decipher them before hand, they would be helpful but more often than not they are only figured out after things progress and, or, take place.  I have had some that seemed real and I wanted to wake up and was relieved when doing so, but most have been easy to tell you were in a dream or what seemed like w whole other dimension.

Example - When I was in my first year of college I dreamed of being outside at the coast during super dark skies with major stormy weather, high waves pounding the shore, wind blowing mightily.  I then knocked on a door to what I would describe as a condo.  I was surprised when my then GF opened the door, not smiling, showing she was not happy to see me or that something was clearly wrong.  As I entered I then saw her best friend and her mom, all sitting there but saying nothing while casting a look upon me that I was not welcome.  That was it, I woke up.

About a week to ten days later, my GF at the time broke up with me.  The bad weather in my dream represented dark skies with concern to emotion were to come and there was a warning to prep for a storm.  `Her best friend and mom being present in my dream had meaning as well.  Her mom was close to my GF's ex boyfriend who was an older guy who owned two night clubs and was already financially set in life.  Meanwhile, the BF/bestie was also friends with him and it turned out she didn't like the time I took away from her.  Those two got back together and life went on.

I have had other similar dreams but that one was simple and easy to tell without going into major detail.  I think there are different types of dreams.  Some are incredibly detailed while others are vague.  Anyhow, I do feel some are messages but they are usually a play on the sun conscience mind playing a role and not as simple as the storm front Big Grin
The following 2 users Like The Zone's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton

04-07-2016, 07:16 PM #7
celle76
Justiciar
I would add to what alex said is that the general view of a dream are from three sources.

1. Visions or dreams that come from God.

2. Visions or dreams that come from shaytan.

3. Rambling of thoughts (works of the subconscious)
The following 4 users Like celle76's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Serendipity, The Zone, Trenton

04-07-2016, 07:41 PM #8
luna
Marshall
Very interesting input TZ and Celle. I think it's a combination of both as well (TZ thanks for sharing your personal experiences as well). 

You know I have sometimes accurately predicted things in my dreams before they happened, or about someone, before I have even met them. I know I'll probably get those who think I dabble, or was, in some kind of evil, but I don't attempt it or try to do it on purpose. It just happens. 

I don't know why, I really don't and I don't think on it much, but I'm curious if others have similar experiences? I don't think I'm clairvoyant, I wonder if it's a bit of strong intuition and being an empath, but who knows? Eh, the subconscious mind is a strange thing I suppose.
The following 4 users Like luna's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Goku, The Zone, Trenton

04-07-2016, 08:06 PM #9
Trenton
Justiciar
(04-07-2016, 06:09 PM)luna Wrote:  Trenton,

Do you apply a solely spiritual context to dreams, or do you believe in dream psychoanalysis as well? Curious to hear your thoughts Smile 

I would say both in equal measure. I'm highly spiritual, but there's a psychological component to interpreting anything. The symbols of our dreams have a tie to our psyche.

The following 3 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Goku, The Zone

04-07-2016, 08:55 PM #10
Trenton
Justiciar
Our minds also seem to have a better grasp on figuring things out that our heart cannot.

For instance, say in a dream, you see an unfolding of future events that come to play out almost precisely as you dreamt them.

Your mind can see patterns and outcomes that may not translate into our conscious thoughts during waking hours, because our emotions cloud reality to a degree.

I've always found it benficial when I see a warning in a dream, or an outcome I do not like (or maybe I do like) and act according to the dream, instead of what I may have already planned to do. And oftentimes it worked our for the best.

I am growing my hair out. I kept reading (as well as heard my whole life) to grow strong hair that won't break quicker than it can grow, to trim dead/split ends off.

I booked an appointment with my hairstylist to trim my ends. That night, I dreamt where I looked in the mirror and my hair was 4-5 inches longer. In my dream I felt happy and amazed. When I woke up, I realised if I cut it every prescribed 6-10 weeks, it's going to stay the length it is. So I cancelled my haircut, especially since my hair isnt terribly damaged, and I'm thrilled I did. I may not like how shaggy it looks now, but in a few months my hair is going to look like it did in my dream. And I'll be happy in the long run. It would be wiser to cut the split ends once my hair is finally long, anyhow, because if cut them off, they'll just split again anyway lol.

Sometimes I feel like my "true" self is trying to tell me things I won't admit to myself when I'm awake and (often) brooding.

Even in the scariest situations I find myself caught up in my dreams, I'm much more clever and calm than if it were happening in real life.

Does anyone have certain aspects to dreams that they either do or do not experience?

Colour vision?
See in a mirror?
Ability to read text or clocks?
Computer usage?
Flying?
Driving?
Swimming? If so, do you need to breathe?
Pain?
Death?

Lastly, third or first person?

I always dream in first person. But I've heard others see in third person.

I can see in color, read, write, see in mirrors, fly at will, pain, and death.

My dreams are often too vivid and like real life. I wouldn't say I can dream lucidly though. I barely live life lucidly however. Lmao
This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 09:01 PM by Trenton. Edit Reason: Typos

The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, celle76