#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What was one of my confirmation of there being a god.

04-01-2016, 11:45 PM #1
MoroccanEyes
Marshall
From my Journey of being born Christian (Portuguese father) Attending church every Sunday, to being converted to Islam, then in my teens eventually being Atheist then into spiritualism (Buddhism) Now ultimately believing  in God (Leaning more towards Islam)  and every religion or way of life is correct, because they all describe something more powerful, and greater then what we see in our everyday life. I though of this interesting theory on how there is a possibility of creator.

We're 80% made out of water, and everything living needs Water to survive. Of course creation subjectively may not be perfect especially when some living things are colour blind and interestingly Water is transparent therefore it can be seen no matter the the arrays of colour that may be present in the environment and ripple with the breeze of the wind causing it easily be recognized and then be consumed by the life-form. 

For me this confirmed of a intelligent creator that also compensates for its ''imperfections''. You can say why is there so much suffering? if there is this suppose intelligent all loving entity. I tell you God has made it so we love each for the sake of each other, and not him, or it. He installed love in us all, therefore love must intervene not God, for we have been gifted with the ability to do so. 

This post was last modified: 04-01-2016, 11:52 PM by MoroccanEyes.

Faith is a rebel I can show you the Devil. 

Proud to come from both A Christian & Muslim background. Unity is a Must. Imagine what Jesus (pbuh) Muhammed (pbuh) would think about our petty ''differences''.G-D is source.

Resistance Axis: Russia, Iran, China, Syria, Hezbollah, Palestine, Venezuela, Bolivia, Yemen. The only nations that can put down the zionist beast - The list gets shorter, but the resistance gets stronger. 
The following 3 users Like MoroccanEyes's post:
  • Goku, Hex, Vytas

04-02-2016, 02:24 AM #2
cookie
Marshall
Mine was discovering PHI, the Golden ratio.
God is an awesome mathematician!

Your beliefs don't make you a better person,
Your behaviour does.
The following 4 users Like cookie's post:
  • damien50, Goku, MoroccanEyes, Tarikko

04-02-2016, 05:47 PM #3
khadeejah
Chaplain
(04-01-2016, 11:45 PM)MoroccanEyes Wrote:  From my Journey of being born Christian (Portuguese father) Attending church every Sunday, to being converted to Islam, then in my teens eventually being Atheist then into spiritualism (Buddhism) Now ultimately believing  in God (Leaning more towards Islam)  and every religion or way of life is correct, because they all describe something more powerful, and greater then what we see in our everyday life. I though of this interesting theory on how there is a possibility of creator.

We're 80% made out of water, and everything living needs Water to survive. Of course creation subjectively may not be perfect especially when some living things are colour blind and interestingly Water is transparent therefore it can be seen no matter the the arrays of colour that may be present in the environment and ripple with the breeze of the wind causing it easily be recognized and then be consumed by the life-form. 

For me this confirmed of a intelligent creator that also compensates for its ''imperfections''. You can say why is there so much suffering? if there is this suppose intelligent all loving entity. I tell you God has made it so we love each for the sake of each other, and not him, or it. He installed love in us all, therefore love must intervene not God, for we have been gifted with the ability to do so. 

God guide you back to Islam ME.  Reading your post brought to mind this hadith:

Narrated Anas:  The Prophet (ﷺ) said,

“Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:
1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah’s sake.
3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.”

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَهَّابِ الثَّقَفِيُّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَيُّوبُ، عَنْ أَبِي قِلاَبَةَ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ” ثَلاَثٌ مَنْ كُنَّ فِيهِ وَجَدَ حَلاَوَةَ الإِيمَانِ أَنْ يَكُونَ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَحَبَّ إِلَيْهِ مِمَّا سِوَاهُمَا، وَأَنْ يُحِبَّ الْمَرْءَ لاَ يُحِبُّهُ إِلاَّ لِلَّهِ، وَأَنْ يَكْرَهَ أَنْ يَعُودَ فِي الْكُفْرِ كَمَا يَكْرَهُ أَنْ يُقْذَفَ فِي النَّارِ

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 16
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 9

The following 2 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • Tarikko, Sunflower

04-02-2016, 10:36 PM #4
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.”

That's a little, nay, a lot f'd up. Just another reason gods don't appeal to me. Their hypocrisy far shadows their followers.

04-02-2016, 10:48 PM #5
khadeejah
Chaplain
(04-02-2016, 10:36 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.”

That's a little, nay, a lot f'd up. Just another reason gods don't appeal to me. Their hypocrisy far shadows their followers.

I wouldn't expect you to understand.  To each their own.

• Tarikko, Alex

04-02-2016, 11:01 PM #6
FlixKandish
Chaplain
I understand clearly. The verse in bold equates atheism to burning in a fire unwillingly, hence the "being thrown". 
How am I misunderstanding that? 

To OP, I understand what you're saying, but don't find necessity to believe in an all powerful deity to appreciate our connection and roots with nature. 
To me, it's more evidence that we exist solely in this realm and planet, not some obscure space place no one save the dead know of.

04-02-2016, 11:14 PM #7
khadeejah
Chaplain
(04-02-2016, 11:01 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  I understand clearly. The verse in bold equates atheism to burning in a fire unwillingly, hence the "being thrown". 
How am I misunderstanding that?

You haven't tasted the sweetness of faith, nor do you have any desire to - that's what I meant.

EDIT: It's not a verse, it's from one of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (may God bless him and grant his peace.). Islam has two sources: Quran and Sunnah. That is from the Sunnah.

EDIT 2: Believe me, there is not any living creature of the jinn or human kind, that will willingly go to the Fire, but they will have no choice in the matter.
This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 11:22 PM by khadeejah. Edit Reason: info added

• Tarikko, Alex

04-02-2016, 11:24 PM #8
FlixKandish
Chaplain
So what you meant was that since I've never been a muslim I wouldn't understand what it's like to equate a group of people with a reason to burn in fire eterenally?

04-02-2016, 11:26 PM #9
FlixKandish
Chaplain
And after your edits now you say that it's good for people to go into the fire unwillingly? 
Gosh, what's the point of having enemies if your god's that way?
This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 11:26 PM by FlixKandish. Edit Reason: Autocorrect sucks sometimes.

04-02-2016, 11:30 PM #10
Armass
Marshall
(04-02-2016, 11:24 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  So what you meant was that since I've never been a muslim I wouldn't understand what it's like to equate a group of people with a reason to burn in fire eterenally?

No since you are not a Muslim the saying is not meant for you from the beginning. So please don't derail this thread cause I think it is one of the few interesting ones.
This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 11:30 PM by Armass.
The following 4 users Like Armass's post:
  • Tarikko, Alex, xoa., khadeejah